What is the best truck?

vldv44_

Reliable yet affordable truck  

18 members have voted

1. 1. In yor opinion, what is the most reliable (speed, fuel eco, tank, range) and at the same time an affordable truck? If you wish, you can explain your choice :D

I just need your opinion and let others know which truck is better to use :)

In my opinion Mercedes trucks are very affordable and have a lot of fuel. In the other hand they aren't very fast. They also look gorgeous especially the New Actros!

DAF trucks are good but the cockpit... mmh not that good.

Scania and Volvo are very efficient but they cost a lot!

Iveco trucks aren't very performing but I like the Hi-Way style and curves haha.

Renault trucks are neither very bad or very good. But I have to say that the cockpit is good!

vldv44_

TruckersMP  

Translator 

image.png.cc04a4aa66a9a3c6e53cdaba9217dc4a.png

Human Resources

|Italian Subforum|Knowledge Base|Rules(KB)|

Have a fantastic day ahead!

1 hour ago, FearlessVillain said:

they maxed to 68mph

If you've disabled the speed limiter from in-game settings, you should be able to drive well over 68 mph with pretty much every truck you can get in Euro Truck Simulator 2. As 68 mph is somewhat 110 km/h, the only reason why I'd see your trucks being limited to 68 mph is that you're playing on Simulation on ProMods servers which have a general speed limit set to 100 km/h (=68 mph).

For me the speed doesn't really matter or nor does the acceleration. My favourite truck brands are probably Scania and Volvo as I really do like the outlook of them. Anyway, I find other trucks nearly as good as well (when it comes to the outlook) and can't even think about rating them as every truck is unique and 'good' in its own way.

Just now, MHT_ said:

If you've disabled the speed limiter from in-game settings, you should be able to drive well over 68 mph. As 68 mph is somewhat 110 km/h, the only reason why I'd see your trucks being limited to 68 mph is that you're playing on Simulation on ProMods servers which have a general speed limit set to 100 km/h (=68 mph).

thats with the unticked correct? i dont have promods installed so it wouildnt be that, if you could you show me your truck specifications please as 68mph is very slow. thanks

^

Yeah, that's when the box about truck speed limiter is unticked from in-game settings. When it comes to speed, the truck specifications shouldn't really matter as long as you don't use engines with low hp. If you can't drive over the mentioned speed in single player, then I'm not 100% sure what limits you to 68 mph. If the 68 mph speed limit only occurs in multiplayer, then I'd guess that you're playing on the most popular server (Simulation 1) which is, again, limited to 68 mph (=110 km/h). TruckersMP has a speed limiter which you can disable as well, but as like World Of Trucks Contracts, it's limited to 90 km/h (56 mph) so it's not likely the reason for your limitation.

The only way to go faster than 68 mph (110 Km/h) is by going downhill in simulation servers or... Use arcade servers. There are no limits there, you can go as fast as your truck/car allows you to.

EDIT: Sorry for the off-topic, didn't even realize that the topic was about "best trucks". About this, I use Scania Streamline R490 with 4x2 chassis for almost everything. Scania R new gen R650 with 6x4 long chassis for heavier than 25 tons trailers. Speed? No worries, never go faster than 90 Km/h. All other specs, 1400 l. tank in the 4x2, 1000 l. tank in the 6x4, 32 l./100 Km average consumption with the Streamline over more than 100000 Km. And I like it!

Archived