the speed limit

Gorm1967

Why are so many driving over the speedlimit ? it makes it dangerous for us who try to drive carefully. Yes accidents can happen but when you get rammed just because you are stopping for red light or you are driving the speed limit then something is not right.

at the curvy roads by Luxembourg you can not overtake another when you are driving a high speed. You need to plan your overtaking very carefully and in good time just as real life.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Unfortunately, Everybody is different. Some people like to follow the limit, Some don't. There's no police IRL thats watching your screen to see if your going over the speed limit in a MP mod. So people are still gonna speed. It's also a MP mod, So people are not gonna care about speeding and such. At least be thankful that we have rules covering such things like driving recklessly. 

I drive over the speed limit because I can handle it. In fact, the current enforced speed limit on TruckerMP servers is far below what I can handle without causing a crash. So unless someone is REALLY bad I don't see how it is even possible to crash by accident, with the current TruckerMP limits. 

As for the "Simulator" arguments..... in the real world, at least here in America.... I rarely ever see any drivers, cars or trucks alike, going the speed limit. The average highway speeds for cars in dry weather is 75MPH to 85MPH and trucks are generally not too far behind.... regardless of the average speed limit, which is 55MPH to 65MPH. So speeding is actually more realistic than following the speed limit. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

^^

An overconfident driver is always in control of his vehicle...he says. ?

But he is never in control of other road traffic participants vehicles nor can he foretell their behavior.

And with a server-sided maximum allowed speed limit of 110 kph I think it is safe to say that your idea of realism has sufficiently been served...?

I think it's always "fun" to drive faster, whether there are enforcement laws or not. It gives you a certain sense of relaxation, even in a virtual game, and even if that's the case - you still have to respect the rules because you're not the only person in the game and there are other people around you.

And there are also the people who think only of themselves and they do it intentionally and deliberately - but they are punished for it.

14 minutes ago, Blueyy said:

Driving at the speed limit is a bit over the top. I think the current speed limit of 110 Km/h is fine for every road on the map. As long as people don't drive recklessly because of it, it's fine. 

I remember back then, when there was no speed limit on the main server. It was obnoxious. I agree with Blueyy, the current speed limit of 110Km/h is fine to me.

Subiiii
Former TruckersMP
199483566_role_GameModerationTrainee.png339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
TruckersMP Support System | TruckersMP Rules | Knowledge Base | Feedback | Reports | Appeals

They can only go up to 68MPH that's not fast. That slow of a speed will only cause a crash if they're either really bad drivers or intentional rammers. Even at the old faster speed limit, it was easy to control the truck. Some people just don't believe in letting off the gas or using the brake pedal, and they ruined it for the faster drivers who actually drive appropriately and considerate to drivers around them. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that i'm driving 110 km/h doesn't mean that i'm not driving carefully. I haven't crashed in a long time. If the player can perceive their surroundings and adapt to it then it's totally fine to drive above speed limit...

RedPiggy

Languages: us.gif | cz.gif

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Pravidla | Nábor | Podpora | Zpětná vazba | TruckersMP tým | Návody | Nápady

—————————————————————————————————————————

Feel free to contact me at one of these platforms if you need to get something translated

| TruckersMP | World Of Trucks | Discord | Steam |

• 3 weeks later...

I feel user's  have the choice if they want to speed yes it's dangerous but player like me who speed know how to slow down when needed. So not all drivers who speed are bad drivers. I feel if a user is speeding and goes around a corner and hits a guy because he couldn't maintain his lain due to speed smack him with a reckless driving punishment or ramming, but I don't think that everybody who speeds is a bad driver and wants to cause an accident. I'm not disagreeing on the point where speeding can cause accidents. But I don't feel that all the people speeding down a straight away or a motorway makes it dangerous for the people who want to go the speed limit that's where I'll have to disagree  

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

15 hours ago, Beenz. said:

I'm not disagreeing on the point where speeding can cause accidents. But I don't feel that all the people speeding down a straight away or a motorway makes it dangerous for the people who want to go the speed limit that's where I'll have to disagree  

Some of my issue with speeding players has to do with the draw distance and visibility on the map.  I have a couple recordings saved from prior to the speed limit where a truck will start a left turn with no visible players and nothing showing on the map, only for a speeding Skoda to appear a couple hundred meters away and ram into him. 

5 minutes ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

Some of my issue with speeding players has to do with the draw distance and visibility on the map.  I have a couple recordings saved from prior to the speed limit where a truck will start a left turn with no visible players and nothing showing on the map, only for a speeding Skoda to appear a couple hundred meters away and ram into him. 

Understandable but the way you said it mean't every user who speeds. But it is understandable that speeding causes accidents when the person speeding takes a corner to fast or just doesn't know or want to drive properly 

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

• Chev locked this topic

Archived