Pro Mod is just money scam as we must own all DLC !!!

You will se as usual admins will answer fakely "we do not understand what you speak about, and you are the only one to meet that problem"

or something else just to skipp the hot question:

what the hell you oblige kids to empty mum's & dad's  poor pockets to by all dlc just to satisfy your ego ??????

Well how would ProMods scam people because they need to have all map DLC´s. It´s obvious that the money from the DLC´s only goes to SCS.

Also the Reason behind all of that DLC´s are very simple, ProMods needs the DLCs assets to create their high quality maps and you can only have them by buying these DLC´s.

They integrate the DLC regions into the map and create new connections from the Base Map to their builds. Also no one forces anyone to play ProMods, if you don´t have the money just simply play on the normal servers, it´s additional not mandatory to play ETS2 or TruckersMP.

The biggest reason why you have to own all of the Map Expansion DLC's, is SCS's new policy on Mod's. 

"If a Mod adds same or very similar extra options to the game that otherwise would only be accessible through an existing DLC (like tuning packs and Map Expansions etc... ) it will be taken down and actions will be taken against the authors."

ProMods never set out to make money, They are simply expanding the map, when they started out when there was little to none expansion packs, and have included all of the expansion packs now to add more amazing content to the game! It's nice to see that they're doing it for free, and they offer the avaiability of donating if you want to. ProMods doesn't get a comission from any DLC that you buy, that money goes straight to SCS.

at the end of the day this is crystalclear: no 100% dlc  =  no promods

you call this any name you choose.

kids are the public to whom the game fits, they pray parents to buy 100 % dlc for just that.

a decent promod maker must be honest infront of the crucial ethic question with that topic.

It seems like you're just angry because you can't play (of if you can, I'm sorry, my mistake). They're just doing their job for free, also we can send a donate for them BUT it's normal that all DLC map are requied like, if you want to play, for example in ETS2  you have requirements for computer specifications and you can't ignore it. That same for this. However, if someone wants to, they'll buy DLC anyway and will play with ProMods, there's nothing you can do about it. 

It’s not like scs have pumped out map dlc,s every other month just to grab your cash mate ! This game has been evolving over many years with map dlc,s slowly being released over a long period. And I’d lay of promods it has nothing to do with them . There are many other games that openly use it fans as cash cows this cannot be said for scs . 

I understand your anger with ProMods, but the developers are not to blame, and need to scs map expansion dlc to make connections with other countries, I'm sorry if this makes you upset, you are not required to buy the dlc if not has financial conditions, still has a lot of public on normal servers like EU#1

76561197973552124_v1.png.870d5d35795c06de06303b32524bd445.png

Language - Portuguese ??   |  English ??   

- - - Gamer Since 2005 - - - Cσρуяιgнт © 2021™ - All Rights Reserved

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Øяіgіиαℓ ® -Fallcon ; Øfdream ; Plaxxy™
█║▌│║▌║▌│█│▌║│█║█║│▌║│█║▌
 ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

lmao is this bait

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Still don't understand how this is a scam? What does TruckersMP have to do with the fact that you need all DLC's? ProMods don't make any money off you unless you pay for a premium download but there is also a free download for people that can't pay. This thread is a bunch of nonsense so you might as well go and complain on the SCS forums for their stupid policies rather than directing your complaint to the Staff here. Without DLC assets there would be no ProMods so I don't understand your point.

promods as always needed all DLC is not a scam it been that way for many a year. try looking for weekend sales on scs if you dont have all the DLC's

9 hours ago, TowTow said:

You will se as usual admins will answer fakely "we do not understand what you speak about, and you are the only one to meet that problem"

what the hell you oblige kids to empty mum's & dad's  poor pockets to by all dlc just to satisfy your ego ??????

honestly, I think you have the wrong end of the proverbial stick. 

ProMods requires you to own ALL map DLCs because the assets, such as the buildings, toads, intersections, even down to small details like signs and trees  (to name a few) that are used by SCS to create a different feel for each area of the map within said DLCs are then used by the ProMods developers to then create the different environments found in the mod.

Not to mention the fact that a lot of the places added by ProMods are need certain DLCs to be accessible, for example, you wouldn’t be able to reach places like Romania without the Going East DLC because you, at some point, have to pass through a country added by said DLC before reaching the ProMods country. 

In my honest opinion, your frustration is not only unjustified in terms of your reason why, but it’s also aimed at the wrong people. ProMods is made for FREE by people who don’t demand that you pay to play and SCS charge money for DLCs because they are the ones creating, researching and getting permissions to make the expansions as true to real life as they can.

Also, to be honest, there are plenty of opportunities to bag yourself the DLCs throughout the year with Steam sales and bundle deals that come available from time to time so really there’s nothing to complain about, especially as TMP still has standard map  servers that can be played on, ProMods is just an extra thing, much like the winter mod, that can be used if you want but is not a requirement in order to play.

I do not say Promod do not has to be, no.

What I say is this is a clear encouragement

to kids begging money from poor parents

to get all dlc only to enter Promod policies.

The TMP mod is originally perfect as no need

additional money to play with mates ingame.

But sorry as Promod is clearly an invitation

to spend more money to get 100% dlc.

I never said nowhere that money goes to

Promod team, not at all.

Please do not mix up the topics.

@TowTow

Are you making the argument that we should've considered "...kids begging money from poor parents..." before we implemented ProMods?

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

15 hours ago, TowTow said:

I think this is the most ridiculous thing I've read.
Perhaps you should take a closer look at the matter before you utter such nonsense.
Nobody is hunted for costs, nobody is obliged to buy something to ride on TMP.
If you want everything for free, yes then you are indeed out of luck.
Really embarrassing this post ....

spacer.png

Right @TowTow,

Because this topic is clearly a bait to create arguments and gain reputation, it will now be closed and archived. 

ProMods is a free modification (with a 1€ option for fast download *optional). All map DLCs are required for the modification to work properly. ProMods needs to have a "base map" to start somewhere. That's why it requires all map DLCs. 

And you don't have to play it, if you don't have DLCs or you just don't want to. We still have our Simulation and Arcade servers open, for you to enjoy the base map. 

Next time, please think twice before posting something, to avoid situations like this. 

Kind regards, 

Chris [PL] TruckersMP Community Moderator

//Locked & Moved to archives

banner

Archived