Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Xbox One Controller not detected in controls settings

funkypixie

Question

This is a weird thing, I have a wireless xbox one controller that i use for pc gaming, when i play normal ETS2 the controller is detected and everything works but when i try to use the controller in truckersmp it does not detect the controller at all

I have tried to play the mod in administrator mode and i've played the controller connected to the PC via the plug and charge connector but it can't find the controller at all in the mod

could someone help me please?

Thank You

10 answers to this question

Yes my controller is an official xbox one controller and im running windows 10

this controller to be exact https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-wireless-controller/8t2d538wc7mn/f6wb?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

5 hours ago, Teyos said:

Hello,

Did you try to open steam with the "Big Picture Mode". You need to open steam with this mode before you launch your game to use a controller.
Capture.PNG.1702234e8880f2fb72de8e936380ae3e.PNG

That's Weird i've run other games before with an xbox controller (including ETS2 and ATS) without having to run big picture mode?

I tryed to turn on the force xbox controller thing in the big screen settings but that doesn't work with me

the game in normal non-mp mode works better without the big screen steam thing because with it on it keeps converting my controller into a keyboard

(so no the solutions didnt work)

I really dont know why it doesnt work in MP when it works in the normal game?

Hello there :)

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved!

Thank you to everyone, who helped. :wub:
Don't hesitate to contact us again, if you need any help in the future.

Kind regards,
Linciano
TruckersMP Support

//locked and moved to Solved Topics

spacer.png