Where are the truckers (besides of north of the north)

Lentii23

I'm trying to use the tools available, like truckersmp traffic server, but I cant just scroll through all countries and cities (with promods), therefore I am missing a sort by - filter. 

I know that a lot of complaints has been made about people viewing this game as racing, but now it feels more like some kind of off road game series aka Dirt 2 or something.

I can't understand the enormous hype for driving on dirt-roads and off-roads. Yes its funny to challenge your skills and maneuver a truck in hard circumstances, but there are so much to the promods that everybody is missing out.

Yesterday I drove through the empty arabian deserts, into the fields of Greece, to the Italian landscape, in to the mountains of Switzerland, to the ports of the Netherlands and Belgiums, and have hardly met 20 trucks along the road, because everybody is concentrated on the d*mn road in north.

I just dont get the hype around it, if this game is supposed to serve as realism, you dont drive a 18 or 25m truck and trailer through dirt roads. 

Anyway beside of my whining/complaining, why are regular motorways not so appreciated? Its boring yes, but imagine 50-150 trucks on a 3-4 lane motorway, thats as challeging as driving on a dirt and tight unrealistic road. 

I also need to add apologies for sawing the off-road roads, its not that they are not beautiful, especially Iceland, but concentrating your entire gamesession on those roads makes no sense in my point of view. But maybe its just me lacking perspective.

So the rest of the truckers, where do you hang? 

You're not alone in thinking this. Recently I'd spent some time in Cyprus and took deliveries into the Slavic countries, often finding my travels to be quite lonesome and just like yourself would only come across perhaps a dozen truckers if I was lucky enough. Germany - which was once thriving - is now suffering the same fate as the rest it seems. Took myself all the way through the North to the South on a trip to Italy and I was baffled at how quiet the place had become! This was on a Saturday afternoon too which was shocking.

I personally feel the players attracted to the dirt roads within Iceland and Norway are there for the challenge of getting to the end of that road unscathed. It's natural for us to become curious with such places, to get involved with the trend and take on the challenge ourselves. It can make for some laughs between a group of friends or solo, some great YouTube/Twitch moments for their channels to get those clicks, or perhaps they thrive for the chaos and eagerly await arguing with someone who has just blocked them in or damaged their vehicle so they can hit them with the "rec ban" to feel good about themselves, not understanding they are part of the problem if they congest the area for the sake of congesting it. These are the types of people you'll always find in instances like this sadly. All you can do is enjoy the game your way and try to stay out of trouble.

Come to Ireland sometime. You can often find myself and quite a few others there. Gorgeous countryside routes, breathtaking coastal roads, visually stunning villages, long stretches of motorway... you won't be disappointed.

banner.png

Well, think about situation on Calais - Duisburg road, almost nothing changed at traffic. People still want to drive there because they can meet many players, they want to feel a little bit of adrenaline? I don't know, maybe they just want to troll or prefer driving in groups. On basic map people prefer to drive around one place or there, where are many players and that mean, they prefer to stay at busy cities/places. That same at ProMods, map are bigger so it's worse. Again players focus on few places to drive and the rest of the map are empty, sometimes you can see one, two, maybe three players on your route but that's all. That hasn't changed on and I'm not sure if we can expect that it can change. However, driving at challenging roads are funny but not when it's done every day like really, after a while, it gets boring and monotonous. I don't understand why players love that much doing this. xD

To be honest, I drive on ProMods only to take some nice photos (like I said in other post on forum) and it depends on what idea I have and where I want to implement it. Usually at Scandinavian cities and Iceland.

Becouse for whatever reason someone made a decision to already slow trucks to make even slower. Think like this...there is no fun to spend your spare time playing a game while driving slow truck on empty roads (And thats the reason i even quit playing ETS).I personally chose north of the north becouse of tiny wawy roads which driving slow wouldnt kill fun for me. And im very happy that other people for the same reason or other reasons chose the same road, so that i dont feel alone driving which is fun.

Archived