Traffic control on Kirkenes Road

User_299765

For several weeks, the Promods Map is now available in multiplayer, as there are some narrow streets here, this causes long traffic jams and a lot of stress in some places. Particularly affected are the tunnel and the bridges on the road to the quarry near Kirkenes. These addressed areas are only one lane passable and especially the tunnel causes chaos, as this is not visible. The bridges are "only" long waiting times to be reckoned with, so I grabbed a car today and tried to "regulate" the traffic on a bridge, as far as I could. Many players were surprised, but after a short time thankful for the help. After some time, another car joined me and the players in the nearby tunnel mentioned above asked for help in the chat room. Here was complete chaos broke, which was difficult to solve. We, the other player and I took the initiative and regulated the traffic at the tunnel according to our possibilities. So we stopped one side and let the other side pass, in constant change. As was to be seen from the chat the action was well received, almost all thanked and understood our intention. But now I know that this is only partially, or not at all, allowed because we were partially "blocked." I think the rules are important and I always strive to comply with them because I'm a big fan of simulations, I hold myself to speed limits, but I would like actions that allow the flow of traffic, ie regulating traffic, to be allowed, meaningless blocking is of course annoying and it is right to sanction this, but I would like to have an extra point here The chat showed that many did not see themselves hampered by our action, but saw it as a win When an admin interfered and pointed out the rules, many players were outraged and defended our initiative, I believe that There is a need for this kind of traffic management, especially at Kirkenes, and I would like to see such actions taken because I felt that nobody felt disabled.

What do you think About this Topic?

I think that you risked being reported and banned. Simply because you are not staff, so you have no rights to perform any kind of "traffic control". Yes, some people would thank your initiative, others wouldn't. If the TMP game moderation team sees the need to take actions to ease the traffic flow on those areas, they will put police cars with game moderators, the only people with the authority to block roads. And just so you know, that admin who "interfered" was doing you a favor. Same as he reminded you about the rules, he could have just kicked you out of the server or banned you for several days. Unless there's a huge change and TMP decides to make some special team of players to act as traffic control (which is very unlikely, since it has been suggested lots of times and has always been rejected), it's just GMs that can do this.

Right now, it's that Kirkenes road. TMP decides to allow players to do "traffic control", next thing you know, there are morons all over the map playing "traffic control". Don't you think that people have tried this in the C-D area/road? What would you think that happened to them?... Yes, gone.

I mean, You probably shouldn't sit there directing traffic as such as that's the admins job. I'm sure you did a good job however, if all the players worked together to communicate who goes and at what time, we wouldn't need dedicaited people to help out. It's just a matter of stopping, and giving way and then going when there's space and not forcing your way down the road.

As said by our friend, he took a great risk. Such authorization is only given to the TMP team for a very simple reason, we need to make sure that anyone who is 'controlling the traffic' has preparation and if it is 'released' to the public the chaos will increase as we know very well that not all Players are prepared for situations as such. Try a place in the team, maybe you can and then it will be easier to perform this regularization, but, as also said, this only if in fact necessary! It really fits the common sense of the players, the map is huge but many insist on always being in the same place ...

9165.jpg?_1617464260

As I've always heard from my friend, "you are putting your account at risk"
and you really had a great initiative, I congratulate you, but there are always people who want to see chaos, you ran a great risk of one person recording your action and reporting you.

76561197973552124_v1.png.870d5d35795c06de06303b32524bd445.png

Language - Portuguese ??   |  English ??   

- - - Gamer Since 2005 - - - Cσρуяιgнт © 2021™ - All Rights Reserved

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Øяіgіиαℓ ® -Fallcon ; Øfdream ; Plaxxy™
█║▌│║▌║▌│█│▌║│█║█║│▌║│█║▌
 ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Whilst the main point is, Traffic control would only encourage more people to do it and get them banned for breaking the rules there is also another major factor.

If you drive down the road, you know the consequences. It's the fact people only drive there because it's populated. You know you are entering a busy road and moderating it is very hard and can in the long run be a complete waste of time really.

On 10/31/2019 at 5:07 PM, Sysgen said:

You don't need traffic control, period. Players go there to get stuck for hours, very strange I know, but that's what they want. If you start clearing the place with traffic control then they'll find another spot to stand still ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go figure.

Exactly, the Kirkenses road is getting busier and busier. Some people seem to enjoy being in a traffic jam. It is your own decision to drive this road. You can still decide to drive another route. You also have the opportunity to drive on Sim2 or in the Single Player. 
Therefore I think a traffic control wouldn't be really helpful on this road. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's good that you are trying to help out with the busy roads and areas. 

Remember: The moderators in game will most likely ask you to not block areas/help traffic. As this can sometimes violate the rules.

Regards to people that drive down the road and make it terrible sometimes, you choose to drive down that road. 

It's a dead end, and you just end up turning around and coming back to  Kirkenses. I've said this in game as well, you choose to drive down it, you know the consequences. 

I Just let @Schak Bruijn deal with it when we occasionally  drive!

The main problem is the people that like to go down there with their double trailers and 8x4 trucks that cause the biggest problem since the roads there aren't designed for those types of trailers with 2 way traffic going* .
So as others have said if you go down there you have to expect that kind problems and if you don't want to get in traffic for hours go somewhere else in the map.  

so maybe a traffic control team isn't needed but this is my honest opinion 

Hello @User_299765

Although the above responses are great, I feel I'll weigh in on traffic regulation.

You could try and regulate the traffic without physically interracting with others, by means of text and directing players (by their ID) to their next move.

I know you'll feel hopeless at times as you're not in power to interract by other means of text, but usually you will get your message across. I do this a lot whenever I find myself stuck in a queue. I find the noclip mode to be an essential when doing so.

We can all thank people of your kind for volunteering to keep the traffic flowing! I hope this post was to any help.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived