Can the time of a bannable offence be seen when you got banned?

Execed

Can you see at what time the user reporting says that the offense occured? I would like to livestream privately on YouTube so if I ever get banned, I have proof of every session. 
For clarification: I don't want to record as that will eat my hard drive space. Also, I can record whatever happened the past 1 min by clicking a shortcut, but if I ram someone without knowing, I won't record it to defend myself. If I run a stream, YouTube saves it all and I can just move to the time on the stream when the report was issued. Reply if you want even more clarification.

15 minutes ago, TeamAudi l Chemistry l M said:

If you saving the situlations, you can use "/time" or "/cest-time" during recording.

That's not what I mean. Basically, I want to know when an incident happened according to the person. When reporting someone, you provide the time it happened. If I have a 5 hour stream playback, I would like to know where to skip to according to the time they provide, which sadly I don't know how to see.

No you can only see at what day you got banned and at what time you got banned. Not when the offence happened. Well we could tell you at what day it happened. But it might not be correct since its the reporters job to put in the day it happened. And if you have 10 reports to make, that happened over multiple days, you dont always remember at what specific day an incident happened so reporters just put something close to it. Now if you where banned with an in game report, the date and time of when it happened will be on screen.

Having never recieved a ban I would not know...   But if what the moderator said above is correct then  the process needs to be better.

Because I would expect any person banned after that flimsy reporting to win any appeal.

How can ban someone if I say they wrecked me on purpose wednesday or thursday? and another was driving in dangerous manner a day before that..  here is the video evidence....  ??

or has that come across wrong above?

12 hours ago, RealD0G said:

Having never recieved a ban I would not know...   But if what the moderator said above is correct then  the process needs to be better.

Because I would expect any person banned after that flimsy reporting to win any appeal.

How can ban someone if I say they wrecked me on purpose wednesday or thursday? and another was driving in dangerous manner a day before that..  here is the video evidence....  ??

or has that come across wrong above?

Well the rules just state that evidence cant be more than a month old. And when an incident happened dosent really matter for the ban. Cause the evidence clearly shows that someone did something bad. And then it dosent matter if that was wedensday or thursday. Since the evidence has to show who did what ever they are reported for. So if someone is ramming in the video i need to be able to see who did it. And why would it matter if it happened on wedensday or thursday? the person reported still did what they did.

@MrSirViking I believe that the issue here is this:

Someone is banned on a thursday. But the date/time of the actual incidence is not shown. That someone only knows that a report was solved on thursday, but the incidence could have happened some days before. If that banned person has lots of hours of daily streaming video, the chance to find that exact moment for reviewing the footage and sending an appeal becomes more and more difficult.

I've only been banned once and it was because of my own video (I reported some player who rammed me, the GM thought that it was my fault and banned me instead, I had to use feedback to get the ban reviewed and removed) so I had no problems to use the video in my appeal and feedback.

The problem arises when a player is banned and doesn't have a way to know when exactly the ban reason happened. I mean: Launch the game, try to join a server, see "You are banned until AA-BB-CC", go to your profile, see that you were banned the day before, there's a video, etc. But that only gives you the day you were banned, not the day you supposedly broke the rules. The video may show you hitting another player (ramming, so ban), you may have footage of that same incident showing that you were rammed yourself and that's what made you lose control and hit the other player, that would be a good reason for an appeal. But finding that piece of footage becomes really hard if you have lots of hours in store.

As a possible solution, I use "Instant replay" to save only the previous 2 minutes when something "weird" happens and I suspect that I could be reported, it's a lot easier to search within some 2 minutes videos than to go through several 5 hours videos, but it would be even easier if you had the exact moment when the incident happened. Truth is, I don't even know if this is possible. The date and time of the incident can only be set by the player filing the report, so they can be accurate... or not. I've sent lots of reports and all of them had the exact moment when the incident had happened, but that's just me. Anyway, maybe that field ("When did the incident happen") could be used to narrow the search? (just an idea).

@FernandoCR [ESP] Back before i was an admin, i made web reports myself. I usually got the date right, but not always the time. And from my experience the people who get banned most likely never records. So they wont have any evidence them self. And the people who do get banned and records at the same time they often know exactly when a situation happened, simply cause they can remember it.  But as i was saying, the field when did the incident happen could be used for this, but we cant promise that it will be correct. Since as i said, even when i made web reports, my timing could be one or two hours off. Since people drive in game for lets say 4 hours, and then after that go make web reports, they cant always remember if this was at 2pm or if it was 3pm. So the person banned would still have to search through their video evidence. 

My point is that if a person is to appeal it would be good to know when the alleged rule breach was supposed to happen in order to set out the appeal.      One can easily take a small part of a video to make another player look to be in the wrong..   the rest of the video could give context to be important to prove otherwise sometimes.  

I agree though a time stamp in top right or someplace would be great and it could be toggled.

Archived