Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Mod: Engine conversion Poll

Hook'IT

Engine Conversions  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which truck engine & transmission would you like for all trucks?

• Volvo 2012 750HP engine & transmission
    • Volvo classic 750HP engine & transmission
    • Scania R730 engine & transmission
    • New DAF engine & transmission

How hard would it be to allow us to mix and match any engine with any transmission in any truck?

I am not a modder so I dont no how hard that would be but think it would be the best solution 

Would have to be implemented in the default structure since the game engine gives restrictions if the mod not enabled (aka engine overwrites the save file to default structure)

Will see later, have not looked at ets2 since 1.16 was released

I'd say the DAF engine and transmission. We don't want to be giving the majestic drivers an advantage now, do we eh? Plus if you think about it, it would bring most of the weaker trucks at least up to a reasonable speed which wouldn't be going OTT.

nz3d07.jpg

Would have to be implemented in the default structure since the game engine gives restrictions if the mod not enabled (aka engine overwrites the save file to default structure)

Will see later, have not looked at ets2 since 1.16 was released

Um I drive a majestic with a Renault engine and a daf transmission...

You just need to put every engine in one mod and transmissions in another...

Edit: if you do this I won't need too :P

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/8819-could-someone-define-allowed-mods-a-little-better/

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Um I drive a majestic with a Renault engine and a daf transmission...

You just need to put every engine in one mod and transmissions in another...

Edit: if you do this I won't need too :P

http://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/8819-could-someone-define-allowed-mods-a-little-better/

Save file changes is the easiest but also could make it a corrupt save file... :wacko:

Want to keep it as simple as possible for all and keeping in mind to keep it as real world as possible.

Save file changes is the easiest but also could make it a corrupt save file... :wacko:

Want to keep it as simple as possible for all and keeping in mind to keep it as real world as possible.

Putting a Volvo engine in a majestic is "real world"? :P unless you're taking about engine/transmission combo than yea ok.

And that's why I created a new profile for my truck, just in case. When it came to adding something extra all I did was exchange it for a front or side mirror that could be removed lol

SUS0M9O.gif

Putting a Volvo engine in a majestic is "real world"? :P unless you're taking about engine/transmission combo than yea ok.

And that's why I created a new profile for my truck, just in case. When it came to adding something extra all I did was exchange it for a front or side mirror that could be removed lol

lol yeah it "real world" where I am from, not unusual for small private companies to do conversions (especially for older model trucks)

Yeah engine and transmission combo is the idea, otherwise it gets to much (to much to choose from)  :P

in real world its also very rare too see a V8 on the road.usualy scanias are 400-500 hp while ingame theyre ALL V8s.

anyway i think its obviouse that the scanias sound is superior :P

you can also just change the sound of the engine trough save file editing.soo you can have a volvo engine with scania sound in a renault with a iveco transmision or something crazy like that :P

Actually, I started to use less powerful engine to gain more fun out of driving the trucks. My current DAF euro 6 truck only has a 410HP engine.

Especially in the mountains of central Europe it's more challenging. Everybody can drive fast with a 750HP engine, but can you still delivery your load when you're truck barely makes it to the top?

Now, I really need all 12 gears..  I also have a 4x2 chassis, so I can carry more fuel and it's more stable at higher speed in sharp corners.

Normally using an second powered axle would cause for extra fuel consumption and tire wear in favor of more traction and a lower axle/weight distribution.. 

I can't wait for the Scandinavian DLC where we can drive double trailers and really need those extra horse powers those 750HP engine give, provided that the maximum cargo weight goes up from 25K to 50K. 

510 Horses and one lucky bird at work

Simulators: Prepar3d V4, X-Plane 11, DCS 1.5 + 2.x, ETS2, ATS, Farming Simulator 17, Omsi 1 + 2

System: Intel i7-6700K @ 4700Mhz, 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX, GTX970,  HP LP2475w monitor (1920x1200)
Devices: Logitech G27, SKRS Shifter, CH Products Throttle Quadrant, Trustmaster Hotas Joystick, TrackIR
Storage: 2 x SM961 - 250GB (raid 0), Samsung 850 pro 1TB disk, Samsung 850 EVO 2TB disk.

Most likely.

I have all video for my tutorial but I just don't have the time to assemble it right now lol

Having some video editing software issues... <_< (appcrash...blah blah Win7 :huh:)

I have video driver issues <_<

Tried the free trial of Adobe?

SUS0M9O.gif

How's this going?

I have a colleague that claims that he already has the mod.

depends how he went about it, can't add files to the DEF list and if you change the dealer details, game crashes when you try to add accessories (or it just my Win7 acting up again).

Only way I can see is save file editing BUT this those raise a big concern with abuse modding with the beacons.

I am still a bit two minded on a save file tutorial.

Most likely.

I have all video for my tutorial but I just don't have the time to assemble it right now lol

I have video driver issues <_<

Tried the free trial of Adobe?

Nope have not tried, I use to use Nero 7 Ultimate (yes it old) with great results but for some reason it crashes the whole time (process stop working).

Seems to be my newly installed Win7, getting .DLL (FSX:SE) crashes the whole weekend.

New Nero is terrible lol

Maybe Windows is acting up... because engine mods for hp are in shops. But I've only modified and never created.

For save file editing I won't be showing how to "add" items. Just replacing. If they don't know how to then little or no harm can be done, for those who don't wish to learn themselves beyond what's shown that is

SUS0M9O.gif

i found out how to do it myself.all you do is copy the DEF files to a new folder,you then go to what ever truck you want to modify,so example def/vehicle/truck_dealer/volvo/volvo_0,then you just edit the SII file and then when your done,click save and make a new file def/vehicle/truck_dealer/volvo/volvo_0 ,then you right click the def folder,click add to archeive change it to ZIP and store compression method,name it what ever you want example volvo_750.scs and click ok,add to mods folder and BOOM its done

SFH DRIVER

Archived