Simulation 1 has more players than Promods.

Wibbly Wobbly

As ProMods is a massive map modification, some of the roads are understandable quite empty. However, there are some quite busy places on ProMods servers as well (e.g. Kirkenes quarry which is heavily crowded at times). I'd guess that the main reason why Simulation 1 is still the most popular server is the fact that a lot of players still haven't gotten all the map DLC's which is a requirement for ProMods. According to the statics, it seems like that ProMods 1 used to be a little bit busier than Simulation 1 for the last week, but Simulation 1 will probably be the most popular server again as most players are still unable to get ProMods for not owning all the map DLC's.

there are differents points to get the actual result:

1- In promods server all the people is concentrated in the most "interesting" places to visit like , Iceland and north scandinavia that's just for now because all is new.

2- Is required all map DLC to run this mod, so at the moment I think that the people on sim1 have not all the DLCS. But now is coming hallowen sales on Steam and there is when we will have another massive days at promods.

3- Extra difficulties to install or download Promods; for some people is not easy to install or download mods. Besides we have a lot of people with low-end PCs, and it is a big problems when we get +50 people in same place.

There are to many reason at my point of view, but it's just time to get more people at new servers :D

I think that ProMods is suffering from the same "cooldown" effect as all SCS map expansions. When it was released, everyone wanted to go in ProMods. Same as it happened with Scandinavia, Italy or the Beyond the Baltics. After some time, players get tired of driving always on the same roads and start going away. And ProMods map has a secondary flaw: Lots of people, yes, but they usually are always concentrated in only some small areas of the huge map. So everywhere else feels even emptyer than Simulation 1. Maybe when Steam sales launch there will be a raise in the numbers, as many players will be able to get the missing DLCs and play ProMods, but once again, I think that it will be temporary. I do have all map DLCs and don't use ProMods server, because most World of Trucks jobs won't work there and those who do work will limit my routes to the vanilla map, so... Why bother? And I guess that there will be many others like myself, staying in Simulation 1 because of WoT jobs.

Both servers, Simulation 1 and ProMods 1 are popular anyway, so it's small fight between them but still, like people know that if you don't have all map dlc you can't play on ProMods. For first few days ProMods was besieged, more than Sim1 but I think it's slowly getting back to normal. We will see.

I support the opinion of the person above about WoTr, I play on the sim1 server only because on pm1 I can't drive with WoTr and map is a bit too big, it's really rare to meet people on the routes I drive. Maybe I should change my routes but that don't have any sense if I need to drive there where I don't want to. Well, I'm going on ProMods only to take nice pictures and show it somewhere.

The only places that aren't empty are the kirkenes quarry and iceland. You can see on here (https://traffic.krashnz.com/) that there's 300 players in that one area. Iceland is still significantly populated though. The only way people will ever spread out over the whole map is if they added ai traffic, but even then the quarry will still be congested.

On 10/26/2019 at 6:39 PM, Tianming-Club-CanDGY said:

...except for the distinctive roads.:D

and when they fall off them again and again and again, they'll give up and try the tunnels in Longyearbyen.  Then get onto serious trucking.  (which I will be doing on Saturday). 
I would love to do a really long job from Longyearbyen all the way down to Tel Aviv or Beirut with a Daf XF.

• 2 weeks later...

It's gotten worse now. As of right now the sim 1 player count is 3700 and promods only 2150. A small thing they could do to increase player count is to remove promods 2 server because there's no point in having 2 servers in the same region if the server doesn't get anywhere near the 6000 player limit. It will only increase player count by 100-200 but at least it will help a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

In fact, with the example that you have made, the difference is minimal and makes it clear how many were looking forward to leave simulation 1.
For two simple reasons: the promods is just a mod and not everyone is familiar with downloading and installing it, and to play with the promods, remember that you have to have all the DLC map, which is a cost that not everyone loves to do because they are satisfied with the base map and the Calais-Duisburg to have a good laugh!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived