kirkenes quarry

mtimmins92

Good question! I believe people only attend areas like this for the "lols" and the challenge; ETS2 Youtubers are known to push this idea onto their viewers to further congest the area with traffic, creating an even larger chaotic scene. Stay safe if you do look to visit this area, I'd imagine it's very easy to obtain bans from very common and unfortunate mistakes considering how tight the roads are.

banner.png

@Bout ye but I don't see why people try to take a double or a HCT down there knowing that the road is so tight.

Going down there to pick a load is fine

Going from there empty after dropping a load is fine 

Transiting too and from with a load that is destined or originating there is fine,

Taking a trailer there to simply sight seeing is useless traffic and will snarl it up

22 minutes ago, Explore Transport said:

@Bout ye but I don't see why people try to take a double or a HCT down there knowing that the road is so tight.

Going down there to pick a load is fine

Going from there empty after dropping a load is fine 

Transiting too and from with a load that is destined or originating there is fine,

Taking a trailer there to simply sight seeing is useless traffic and will snarl it up

Unfortunately it's another classic case of curiosity leading to trouble with some of these players. I wouldn't put it beyond them if creating more traffic is exactly what they aim for to get a kick out of trying to find funny moments. The main thing is we're smarter than that!

banner.png

It's a fun road to drive on with other players and it's an experience that we don't get in vanilla ETS2. It's the same reason lots of people drive in the middle of iceland with the 1 way snowy roads. Although I went to the quarry when promods was only out for 1-2 days and there wasn't many people even with 2-3k people on but now I can see tons of people are going there just by looking at ets2map and right now there's only 1k players on and there's traffic backed up.

• Community Manager

It's a challenging road that's for sure. I am not sure why one would use a double or HCT to drive that road but everyone their choice.

I drove on the road twice, first time there was a heavy traffic jam and I wouldn't move for a couple of minutes so I just pressed F7. Second time it was early in the morning and there were not that many players on the road and even then I would have to wait a couple of minutes at some points to wait for other trucks to pass or make a turn.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

• Community Manager
4 hours ago, andy Suter said:

Does anyone want to do the road on sunday with me ? on PM2 server as its quiet. (say sunday afternoon uk?)

Thanks, just driven the road on PM2. Other drivers are very well behaved by giving room.

Can't make it at 12PM myself though

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

I believe such roads gets so popular due to content creators promoting them. Like the slim dirt road in the northern part of Finland. Then there is always those people who seek the congested areas and simply makes them more congested, and combining that with disrespectfull drivers is a dangerous cocktail.

Just another guy hauling on the roads of TMP ?

Archived