why is iceland so popular in promods TMP?

RecBanMaster

I think it’s a few things.

Its snowy and people like snow. Its different from what weve been doing so far

The scenery is quite nice

The most influential reason. – Because everyone else is going there…… It could be the dullest place in the map  but if that’s where others head, you can guarantee the lemmings will follow

in short it is STUNNING!  I regularly take single player jobs there.  (in fact I have just done TelAviv (middle east add on) to Blondus (or however you spell it) in Iceland - 4400km)

The bad areas are the central roads which go up the rift valley of Iceland to Arkeuri, this road requires EXTREME caution, I do not recommend that you take a double or heavy load there as its steep, slippery and low ground clearance of some trailers will cause issues.  Stick to the A1 ring road around the island, you will have a good drive however people seem to think its a race track like the CD road, (until they find the white stuff has slippy physics and so end up facing their own trailer)

A few tips.
1/ do not try to pass on bends, single file only, take turns to round the bends as your trailers cut in.

2/ if you are in a line of traffic, leave 2 truck lengths to the guy in front,

3/ at the water crossings in Iceland, let the player in front clear before making your crossing.

4/ when at the top of a hill, if there are a lot of players coming up, wait at a safe place for them to pass before coming down.

If you are at the bottom and there is a line coming down, wait at a safe place before starting your climb. If behind heavy load, wait for it to clear the hill first, if the player spins out or stalls, they may need to roll back down the hill to take a second attempt.

5/ uphill has RIGHT OF WAY

10 hours ago, Explore Transport said:

in short it is STUNNING!  I regularly take single player jobs there.  (in fact I have just done TelAviv (middle east add on) to Blondus (or however you spell it) in Iceland - 4400km)

The bad areas are the central roads which go up the rift valley of Iceland to Arkeuri, this road requires EXTREME caution, I do not recommend that you take a double or heavy load there as its steep, slippery and low ground clearance of some trailers will cause issues.  Stick to the A1 ring road around the island, you will have a good drive however people seem to think its a race track like the CD road, (until they find the white stuff has slippy physics and so end up facing their own trailer)

A few tips.
1/ do not try to pass on bends, single file only, take turns to round the bends as your trailers cut in.

2/ if you are in a line of traffic, leave 2 truck lengths to the guy in front,

3/ at the water crossings in Iceland, let the player in front clear before making your crossing.

4/ when at the top of a hill, if there are a lot of players coming up, wait at a safe place for them to pass before coming down.

If you are at the bottom and there is a line coming down, wait at a safe place before starting your climb. If behind heavy load, wait for it to clear the hill first, if the player spins out or stalls, they may need to roll back down the hill to take a second attempt.

5/ uphill has RIGHT OF WAY

In a non stalker way, can I play with you guys sometime? You sound and look like mature / sensible gamers and the sort id love to run along with. Solo can get so boring.

Im a 47yr old English guy myself so I can promise maturity!

People like complexity and Iceland is a very good example of it due to its roads, as it has many potential challenges going up and down those roads. There are many roads which are tight and for one lane, hence they get very popular as people have to give priority and such, so traffic jams form so people are attracted to this, at the end of the day it can be a bit of fun aswell. But people like to set themselves challenges:) 

Iceland is visually stunning and can deliver a very euphoric feeling when taking in it's scenery. From the tight uphill curves, the coastal roads, the long stretch of snowy land, to the downhill decline as you take on the icy conditions... simply gorgeous. Just one of the many treasures that can be found on this wonderful mod.

banner.png

Probably someone just found it on ProMods while playing on singleplayer, then just show it somewhere, more people saw that and when ProMods was released on MP, people just wanted to drive at this place with other people. And like Pillow said, people love wintermod with noncollision, there they have it all the time and don't need to wait for original wintermod or can drive there and wait for true wintermod for TMP. 

On 10/21/2019 at 2:20 PM, RecBanMaster said:

I don't understand how theres so much players there than the other countries like the UK or france or finland 

I like UK roads too much. Roads are really realistic and atmosphere of island is awesome but people do like Iceland bcz roads are more interesting that we see in base map or dlc's

Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus

Kuzey Kıbrıs Türk Cumhuriyeti

Archived