At promods, you think, where is similar with C-D road?

Chemistry_TMP

A few days ago, promods became compatible with TruckersMP. I suddenly got this idea while playing with promods. 

In promods, is there a similar way to "C-D road"? Which region do you think resembles a C-D road? Please let me know what you think.

Chemistry_TMP

TeamAudi Project Manager

What exactly do you mean similar to the C-D-road? 
If you wanna know which road is crowded, I can recommend the snowy roads in Iceland as can you easily slide or where it takes a little longer to accelerate due to the snow which causes a lot of traffic. 

However, if you wanna know which road has a similar shape, then I don’t know. 

image.png.d89587f1d5db45c35842d6470a3597cb.png - image.png.8a33dca516f517c97d889b2663475830.pngimage.png.303fcd79c42df80b154f88224b55ad02.png - image.png.d5613947ba2cde10b014d07d663bef3c.png

discord: apoo#2436 image.png.9bca92bc6bd687ccdd95d71eba4bab9d.pngimage.png.03b5da7810f2c8171120de08d46ce134.pngimage.png.34cd02e37c0e61a26ec144a312c6dc83.png

13 minutes ago, TeamAudi l Chemistry l M said:

A few days ago, promods became compatible with TruckersMP. I suddenly got this idea while playing with promods. 

In promods, is there a similar way to "C-D road"? Which region do you think resembles a C-D road? Please let me know what you think.

Iceland is the C-D, but its especially

Akureyri and Seyðisfjörður
road, where people tend to drive.
I thought with ProMods being released, competent players would play it but I was wrong and they're doing the same crap as with Calais-Duisburg. Just spread around everywhere and you will still meet players every minute!

6 minutes ago, poland.ball said:

I thought with ProMods being released, competent players would play it but I was wrong and they're doing the same crap as with Calais-Duisburg. Just spread around everywhere and you will still meet players every minute!

I'm not asking in that sense, but I'm curious about areas where people will be crowded.

Chemistry_TMP

TeamAudi Project Manager

14 minutes ago, poland.ball said:

I 100% agree with this. OP = The question s answered..... go to Iceland if you want busy and chaotic.

But like Poland says above, the problem we have with promods is a double edged sword. On one hand the new roads across the map can be really challenging, either tight bends, narrow, slippy, high up etc which I absolutely love but the flipside is some people are driving like they are on a motorway. These roads demand care and attention and you get people trying to overtake around blind corners, on narrow roads etc. The only problems i faced were due to these idiots. 

I had switched off my recording software as things had settled down but now its back on again, and i'll be avoiding iceland unless i drop onto PM2. I have to say though, its not just iceland. Theres a few tricky ports in finland and north norway that have single track roads in and out and i had to F7 out of it yesterday due to people getting stuck and blocking. Also note that some of the non collision areas in some ports are literally on the ship. You have to queue to get on and off.

Promods has been the best thing to happen to TMP so far and i love it. I just wish others would treat it with the respect the new roads deserve

2 minutes ago, TeamAudi l Chemistry l M said:

I'm not asking in that sense, but I'm curious about areas where people will be crowded.

I mean, the comment you quoted states where are the busiest places can be found. Iceland in general has the highest population/available road rate in the whole map, especially the north/north-east part of Iceland

4 minutes ago, buksee said:

I mean, the comment you quoted states where are the busiest places can be found. Iceland in general has the highest population/available road rate in the whole map, especially the north/north-east part of Iceland

thank you for commenting kind words and explanations ;)

Chemistry_TMP

TeamAudi Project Manager

Why would you already be looking for The CD road of promods? Promods is huge! There are so many cool things to see on that map. You cant possibly have seen all those already, why would you go looking for a CD road? Go see all the cool places of Promods! Do some trucking!  Isent that what we are here for? :)

100% agree with @MrSirViking. I find it stupid that lots of people wanted ProMods so badly and now they are just looking for the same chaos they already had on the C-D road? I can't get it, honestly. It's like buying all map expansions and then driving always on the same area of the vanilla map, it doesn't make any sense to me.

i drove past a deer yesterday in FInland, just stood there at the side of the road. I wanted to stop and take a pic but i had 3 lorries tailgating me so i couldnt.  Ive also seen a sea plane taking off in Iceland and a low flying jet flying down a lake. Ive only been to 3 countries so far and im blown away. I just want to drive at 10mph and look at everything

The road in the middle of iceland seems to be most popular although there are a good amount of people spread over all of iceland. I would really like to drive somewhere else because the whole map is great but without ai traffic it's boring to drive in some places. For example, when I drove in greece there was almost no traffic. 5 people in cities max and on the road I'm only finding people every 2-3 mins. The only exception is northern norway around kirkenes and the dirt road there's a good amount of players there.

1 hour ago, MrSirViking said:

Why would you already be looking for The CD road of promods? Promods is huge! There are so many cool things to see on that map. You cant possibly have seen all those already, why would you go looking for a CD road? Go see all the cool places of Promods! Do some trucking!  Isent that what we are here for? :)

There's no traffic in most parts of the map and isn't that what we're playing multiplayer for? If truckersmp released ai traffic I think players would definitely spread out more.

I will be doing very long hauls later whenever possible, for now I aim to make money, so looking for best payout. No reason for me to look for "C-D road".

My first session went like this, starting from my base garage: Bratislava - Barcelona - Stockholm - Bălți - Sanok (warnig - rough roads in Moldova), and I've  met plenty of people along the way. 

I will be respecting all the traffic rules, including traffic lights and speed limits, because most roads are unknown to me, and I want to be safe rather than sorry, also gives me upper hand, should I need to report someone.

It amazes me, how some of the people I've come acrosss were driving really fast nad recklessly, where they have possibly never been before.

30 minutes ago, andy Suter said:

I just want to drive at 10mph and look at everything

Aboslutely, but it's better to find a safe place to stop,  and use free flying camera if you spot something interesting. This way, I have discovered some hidden unmarked roads and city streets around Wien.

Iceland I would say. A lot more fun to drive and also some difficult roads. I also found it has a lot less trolls than the CD road. I would rarely visit the CD road, as it's just a simple, straight forward road to drive on but people can't seem to drive on it.

I prefer to drive in more populated area's, when people can actually drive... Like the CD road could be fun, but not the fun I'd really enjoy.

I've been seeing a lot more people from the community in Iceland. I would suggest visiting there. 

There's many nice place's to visit in ProMods making it more enjoyable to drive even though there might be less players.

Dylan

Steam | TruckersMPTwitter |

Discord: .Dylan#0001

1 hour ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

The road in the middle of iceland seems to be most popular although there are a good amount of people spread over all of iceland. I would really like to drive somewhere else because the whole map is great but without ai traffic it's boring to drive in some places. For example, when I drove in greece there was almost no traffic. 5 people in cities max and on the road I'm only finding people every 2-3 mins. The only exception is northern norway around kirkenes and the dirt road there's a good amount of players there.

There's no traffic in most parts of the map and isn't that what we're playing multiplayer for? If truckersmp released ai traffic I think players would definitely spread out more.

But isent that just like real life? If you drive in any major city like Copenhagen or New York or Paris you are bound to run in to traffic constantly but if you then move out of the city on to smaller roads there will be times where you dont see any traffic for minutes at a time. We drive MP for the possibility of meeting other people on the road. In some areas we will meet lots of MP people and in some areas we wont. As i said just like real life. 

@andy Suter Pressing the "0" key (main keyboard, not numerical) will "spawn" you in kind of a ghost mode bellow your truck, you can move the camera around freely with numerical keyboard, mouse wheel can adjust flying speed.

Pressing "1" key will return you back to cabin view. This can be used for other purposes, but in multiplayer, it is limited to only flying and looking around. You need to enable console and developer mode in the config file.

• 2 weeks later...

Some Iceland bridge only allow a single truck across and the road are slipper. Ironically, there are few players love overriding without get be overrode player notice.

However, if include deadend road, a quarry between Norway and Russia is notoriously that worst than CD road. You will face blocked road by player, collided and fall down that is a hundred time chao than CD road.

Archived