TMP can't find ProMods files

schneper

Question

I tried everything, and i still get the error that the required files for Promods could not be find (when trying to join the Server).

I'm using ProMods 2.41 for Singleplayer and have other addons (such as Rusmap or Southern Region) and my game crashed trying to replace 2.41 with 2.42. I have the 2.42 files in my mod folder but still it doesn't work. Also tried deleting all 2.41 files and only keeping the 2.42 files. I should say that my mod folder redirects to my other 

3.JPG

7 answers to this question

If by linked you mean a symbolic link (mklink /J) then that shouldn't be a problem, I have it setup that way too and it works fine.

But you should probably try to removing the link and then actually putting the files in the mod folder back on your ssd to make sure there isn't anything wrong with the link, so we can make sure that isn't the problem.

Hey,

You'd most likely need to remove all the v241 for a start.
But make sure its in the path "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod" and that you have the correct 2.42 files (directly from ProMods).

If you need help installing ProMods for TMP, this guide can be of use https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/614

Even after following the guide and still having issues, then try and create a support ticket at https://truckersmp.com/support/ticket/create

Hope that helps.

cmgeow.pngbanner

Your folder should look something like this- 

2OeT9JB.png

All the other mods shouldn't effect it, as TMP isn't looking for them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit-

All your files seems to be named correctly.

I'd suggest to, create a backup Mod folder, to save all of your mods so you can easily get them back. Delete all of your mods and re-extract your ProMods zip and def file into your Mod folder. See if you have any luck.

Edited by DylanRees
Edit- Bottom lines
  • Like 1

Dylan

Steam | TruckersMPTwitter |

Discord: .Dylan#0001

Alright, problem solved!

If anybody else has the problem too:

1. I uninstalled all my other mods (made a backup)

2. Deleted my symbolic link

3. Made a new symbolic link

4. Reinstalled TruckersMP (after this it worked)

Don't know which one fixed it, but it worked after reinstalling TruckersMp and now it works as intended with my Singplayer mods :)

• Like 1

Hello there, I see that you confirmed above that your problem has been resolved, I will be moving this topic to the solved topics section.

Thanks to everyone! ^_^

// Closed and moved to solved.

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021