Do you report unintentional ramming?

Talwinter

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

16 minutes ago, Loulie said:

Depends on the situation, I record my game and at the end I watch my video.

If he said "sorry" , I forgive

I agree with you, I always record my game and mark the places where something disturbed me while playing.

Then I look at these places again and see if it was intentionally, careless or unintentionally.

If it was unintentionally, I do not report it.

6 hours ago, BANG_ItZ_DaViD said:

if it wasn't an intention, there should be no sanction or report as it was a mistake. overall, you learn from your mistakes

I think that's where a lot of us differ on opinions.  Even if it was a mistake, you still screwed up and caused an accident (or broke the rules) and deserve your punishment.  If someone misjudges their speed for a turn and crashes into someone in the oncomming lane, while it was an accident, it was still preventable.

23 minutes ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

I think that's where a lot of us differ on opinions.  Even if it was a mistake, you still screwed up and caused an accident (or broke the rules) and deserve your punishment.  If someone misjudges their speed for a turn and crashes into someone in the oncomming lane, while it was an accident, it was still preventable.

It is, and i completely understand what your saying but if it is done with no intention, there should be no ban. Maybe they just arent good at driving, and they will learn eventually. they arent gonna learn if they are banned. And even if it was still preventable, it is easy to panic and make bad decisions especially in over 25+ player areas.

On 12/5/2019 at 8:59 PM, ROSZCO said:

Absolutely not,     its only a game and if accidents happen you get to chat to someone an have a laugh about it and move on,  it costs nothing to say crap sorry m8 lol,  unless they are stuck up and think its real life and they report you even if you sneeze in the direction they me be coming from.

When Breedeaa tapped my Daf, he said sorry "sorry, slippy" I think 

There was no damage, we were both upright, I was crawling anyway so no harm done, we exchanged details and on we went, my Daf with a few scratches, his truck minus the drivers mirror  

Meh. It's just a game and accidents happen all the time. Like others have said, some of us have been in the shoes of an accidental ram and can understand the situation. While I usually don't report those who ram lightly and such, I do take note of whether they apologize, and if it was obviously intentional or not. If they apologize, then kudos. I rarely have accidents and when I do, I take it as a learning experience, apologize (or explain if needed), and try to move on. Most people are forgiving and understand, and this creates an environment where I feel like it is safe to continue to actively improve my driving and enjoy the game. I feel like this is very important to take into account when you are in these types of situations. 
It's hard to realize what peoples actual intentions are- but it is super obvious if they're obnoxious trolls, and I think we should take action against those types of players, who actively seek to ruin our experience, rather than getting fussy over a petty accident.
I usually only report people if they're being toxic.

On 11/9/2019 at 6:48 AM, Josh115 said:

It happened On the busy C - D Road and my FPS was low because of the busy traffic.

Unfortunately though low FPS isn't an excuse for avoiding punishments.  If you're PC isn't capable of handling busy areas at a reasonable framerate, you should go elsewhere.

On 12/5/2019 at 1:59 PM, ROSZCO said:

it costs nothing to say crap sorry m8 lol,  unless they are stuck up and think its real life and they report you even if you sneeze in the direction they me be coming from.

It also costs nothing for the other player to drive properly and not mess up deliveries for other players.  You agree to follow the road rules when you play TMP, so you should expect others to report you if you're not.

On 12/6/2019 at 9:31 AM, TurklerRS said:

if you know that something was an accident and you still report it, you seriously shouldn't be given report permissions

If you're incapable of driving your vehicle without causing an accident, you seriously shouldn't be playing TMP.  

To anyone who wishes to drive on TMP, 

Reading the rules is a must, even for seasoned players as they change often.   Don't simply scroll and click.  STOP AND READ THEM

When you go in, find a quiet part of the map and learn to drive, study the road signs, road markings.  Things like overtaking on the grass, or over a solid line are banable 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived