Do you report unintentional ramming?

Talwinter

It does depend on the situation, its very hard to see whether it was intentional or not, I always record my game, so if I do get rammed (or any other situation such as blocked, trolled, etc), I clip it then once I exit the game, I review my footage from each situation and decide whether it was intentional or not. 

Watching it happen a few times often help with deciding. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of those threads that pops up every few months or so.

My response would be,

a) if its been intentional ramming/blocking etc, then 100% every time.

b) If its accidental but due to someone being a total dick and treating the game like need for speed, then yes, I will report.

c) If its accidental but caused by just misreading the road or traffic or lag, then no I don’t report.

You can usually tell which it is as you see them approach. Yesterday in Iceland it was nearly all ‘B’s. People overtaking where they shouldn’t and couldn’t, people getting impatient with blockages caused by other type B drivers or people just approaching you at max speed on the narrow roads, or cutting corners out of junctions instead of swinging round to keep the trailer on there side of the road. In short I noticed the drivers who drove with courtesy and just wished we could have a server filled with these type of drivers

6 hours ago, andy Suter said:

In short I noticed the drivers who drove with courtesy and just wished we could have a server filled with these type of drivers

To me, the majority of drivers on Promods server drive very well.

For 3 days of playing there (mostly on Iceland), i had no accidents at all, while on SIM1 server, every day ends up with many reports.

It depends on the outcome after the accident and it may vary, it depends on the person and behavior before and after what happened. There are factors to consider and I don't have a specific rule of behavior and action to take. I will take it according to each situation. Regardless of whether or not they apologize, but apologizing can ease the tension of the moment for sure.

Used to have this happen quite often in the UK where players would often forget they are to drive on the left side of the road rather than the right and would ram right into me. I personally would never make anything of it, just a simple mistake! Can usually tell when someone is acting maliciously or not. 

banner.png

• Community Manager

I don't report when I feel it was not reckless behavior but a mistake. So that really depends on the situation. I am not free of making mistakes either so I hope when I make a mistake nobody reports me ?

Also if they apologize when obviously it was intentional I report them either way.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

Sometimes I find it very difficult to decide if an incident was caused  by lack of situational awareness or intentionally. 

This is why I record my multiplayer sessions and examine every incident very carefully. 

Eventually, I will report all incidents that I regard as intentionally caused. 

In a second step, it is then up to a moderator to agree or disagree with my decision.

I I only report the player if I am affected by his driving behavior or if I feel annoyed because of that. Because honestly, I don't have time to always create a video clip, upload it and submit a report. Also it is not my job to play "sheriff's assistant". Game Moderators are doing a great job, therefore I only use the report function when the player collided with me.

As I am always recording (for self defending reasons) it may happen, that when I need to report someone and I see that I've recorded another offence in my video, I will report it too, as it doesn't need more effort.

To be honest, I don’t really report an the reason for this is because 1, 9 times out of 10, it’ll be someone of a young age just trying to Have some fun however I would inform a game moderator to check it out.,and secondly, if it didn’t cause harm then I don’t see a reason to, also because recording takes up a lot of time, computer GPU and CPU. As well as lagging you ruining your experience just because you need to catch people hitting you, intentionally or unintentionally.

I can only consider "unintentional" ramming when the player's control breaks for whatever reason. Imagine you are driving your vehicle, your wheel/joystick/keyboard/mouse disconnects for a power loss and ram someone. That's unintentional. But all others... "It was an accident, I didn't mean to hit that other truck", but they were going full speed on a tight turn... To me, that's intentional. Nobody forces players to go fast, to run red lights, to switch lanes without looking, etc. It's their choice. Truth is, I'm reporting a lot less players than I used to, but only because with the reduced speed limits in the simulation servers, it's easier for them to keep control and easier for me to avoid most crashes. But if someone damages my cargo... You can bet that they will be reported. And seeing my "log", most likely banned. If the incident was caused by a HW glitch, they can always appeal and try to get the ban removed. Even if they don't succeed, it would be just that ban, they will make sure that their HW is fixed before going back and since they never had the intention, it would most likely not happen again, so no big deal IMO.

Archived