Do you report unintentional ramming?

Talwinter

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on the situation and on the person's behavior.

For example: When I'm driving on the highway with 90 km/h CC (External Contract), many times players enter the fast lane beside me to overtake, then they enter the slow lane while the trailer is still besides me, so they cut me off. Got rammed like this soooo many times, that I'm  watching the mirror as close as possible, ans as soon as I see them getting close to the white line I steer to the right and hit the brakes hard for a split second. Nowadays I don't report this, since the ramming didn't happen.

But I will send a report if I'm stopped at a red light and get rammed in the back and the person starts blasting their horn... 

And the questions is.. how do i know if it was unintentional or not?

So, I highly recommend the ingame recording for everyone, in that case people involve in these kind of situation have a valid proof, if it was unintentional or not.

Have a nice ride. 

"Life is a party, and I'm the piñata"

Any ramming (or anything else for that matter) is recorded and reviewed later so I can see exactly what happened (in some rare cases is do use the in-game report system) it's then do I decide if with worth tracking down the player responsible and acquire the necessary information and do what is needed to make a web report.

It honestly depends on the situation at the time, if someone wrecks in front of me and I stop but the person behind me doesn't, I wont report them because what's the point? if it was necessary to report this type of incident, then every person who misjudges their braking or hits someone who lags out in front of them would end up being reported and banned, lets face it, that's a lot of work load for admins to have to deal with and a lot of wasted time that could be put to use actually controlling and stemming the flow of trolling and general rule breaking that we see daily. 

But if someone is overtaking and makes no effort to avoid oncoming traffic, then ill report them because accidents do indeed happen and misjudging your timing shouldn't be severely punished, but making no conscious effort to avoid causing an accident when you do have time to make said decision should be punished. 

The annoying thing, and the reason I no longer play on Sim 1, is that you get people who, no matter whether its accidental or not, whether is a full on ram or a light love tap, will scream report in chat and try and get the person banned for something that is, depending on the situation, unavoidable, this is the kind of behaviour that needs taming along with the intentional ramming and general trolling that happens day to day. 

It depends. If they rammed me so bad I go flying, or just gives a lot of damage, I'll report them. If I get minor damage and I understand why they done it, I'll just leave it. 

Like if I had to hard break to avoid hitting another player, then someone went into the back off me I won't report them.

Same situation^ but the player overtook me and tried ramming in in front of me. Ramming me off road I'd then report them as it's reckless and ramming. <-- I'd most of the time allow the player in front of me, if they just couldn't break in time and I know they did it accidentally.

Like in real life if it's a crash it's always going to be accidental, but one or both of the drivers has to take the blame.

Dylan

Steam | TruckersMPTwitter |

Discord: .Dylan#0001

If somebody will hit me lightly or at the overtaking will push my truck I won't report something like that, no matter if that was by mistake or intentionally. However, if I lose control of the steering, will land on the roadside or when I roll over after accident so that I can't continue to drive then, well, I'll report this behaviour in-game or on page. Anyways, usually I'm reporting everyone who doing bad stuff or trying to make my driving unpleasant but only when I have good reason which is in accordance with the rules. Reporting literally everything is bad and boring because I'd spend 90% of my game time on reporting if I would like to report all things which annoy me. That's not the purpose of existence MP. :LUL:

So there are so many troll players at roads and they are so annoying... I would report only players who driving like such trolls, intentionally rammers, the players who has the purpose of ram or driving reckless and players going at grass to overtake others in inappropriate way, and of course I would report those players accordance with the rules, and would report them that reports I think are correct. 

🇺🇸 Kind regards / 🇹🇷 Saygılar,

DarkScream

TruckersMP | Game Moderator

I'm usually not bothered to take a hit. I'm most of the times empty so i really dont care if people arent able to stop in time, or try to avoid an accident but hit me right after.

really depends on the situation, for instance, when i'm going 50 mph on the highway, they overtake and tap me slightly when they (un)intentionaly leave their lane. i'll let it slide. 

is it in a diffrent way. like they are way overspeed, and all over the place. they gone.  reporting wise. i can be a snub sometimes. but we all human, we all make mistakes. and sometimes it also happends to me.

signature.png

I dont report if it is unintentional ramming. There are also situations people ram you Intentionally and say sorry for not reporting. After all you have to figure out the situation whether it is intentional or unintentional. If someone don't say sorry or atleast don't stop his truck after ramming that is purely intentional and i will report those guys. you can ignore if you get hit near heavy turns, inside city or near signals. 

It is very context sensitive. Like I make mistake at times and if I do manage to scratch someone I stop, pull over and jump immediately on keyboard and ask him if he is okay, and

how's the damage on trailer or whatever. Also stating that I'm sorry and if he does report I definitely deserve it. Now comparing my behavior with other people

who ram me, and you get better picture. Just saying sorry and driving off obviously don't cut because it that is low effort getting away free card.

Archived