What do you think of the people who ram you with their truck on purpose and apologize just so you won't report it?

juanes2223

Hello,

I've noticed that in your topics you often ask for people to follow you. 

Unfortunately I must warn you about our 4.4 forum rule: 

Spoiler

§4.4 - No reputation farming

Do not use other accounts to upvote your own posts, "farming" likes or upvotes. Don't ask your friends to give you reputation whatsoever. If we deem and find out that you're farming reputation, then we reserve the right to reset your reputation to zero without any warning.

Asking for follows is not permitted. 

Also, your posts are often only a topic and image with question mark. 

My suggestion would be to add something more in your discussion rather then just asking a question without any additional content. This would allow you to receive more engagement from the community.

If you'll post more topics like this, sadly these will be automatically considered useless and moved to our archives. 

Kind regards,

Chris [PL] TruckersMP Community Moderator

banner

It depends on the context of the situation. There are people that do it on purpose or simply because they aren't paying attention and those people I record and report them on the website and in game, however, if I'm in a busy area and someone rams me due to someone else being an idiot, I can be forgiving of them. I definitely report a lot of players that ram me as I want to make sure they don't do those things to others and they get punished for ruining the experience for me, however, I am not out there to get everyone as some people can make genuine mistakes.

• Community Manager

I apologize when I did something wrong but it was not on purpose.

Same for reports I enter if I feel it was just an accident I do not report. If it was intentional or really reckless I report. So far I did not have the experience people ramming me and saying sorry just to get out of a report.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

In most cases i just report them anyway.
Based on my experience it's only abput 1/5 that apologize for something they did. Also minor mistakes doesn't bother me.
The rest of the time people just drives off like nothing happened or maybe write "sry" like it didn't matter. Therefore i prefer to report them.

I see this happening a lot more lately. 

Unfortunately for them, it doesn't work like that, if you break the law, you break the law. 

Using a real life example, if you go and murder someone, cops find out and arrest you, you dont expect to just say sorry and be let go.. You get punished, simple as that.

It does show that they maybe didnt mean it to happen, or maybe they just want to be polite, but at the end of the day, if it broke a rule, it broke a rule. 

Agreed with most posters. I made mistake once on turning right thinking other side had red and I caused crash. I apologized saying "My fault" and moved on because I didn't

want to stop on the middle of the road to text. If I would have more time I would add "If you report me I deserve it, I hope your stuff is good). In my head however I realize

that I deserve report and that I made mistake, and I would own up to my mistake and agree with punishment. And this is coming from the player that follows rules.

Depending on the situation, many people have no intention of beating, in many cases the work of recording, editing and reporting on the site is not worth the time spent, if you did something wrong, take your blame, accidents happen.

76561197973552124_v1.png.870d5d35795c06de06303b32524bd445.png

Language - Portuguese ??   |  English ??   

- - - Gamer Since 2005 - - - Cσρуяιgнт © 2021™ - All Rights Reserved

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Øяіgіиαℓ ® -Fallcon ; Øfdream ; Plaxxy™
█║▌│║▌║▌│█│▌║│█║█║│▌║│█║▌
 ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

• 2 weeks later...

Like everyone says; if someone does it on purpose, i always report it.

When it is just a minor mistake, i never report it. Everyone can make mistakes. That's so normal :) 

It's usually fairly obvious if someone does it on purpose or not. My rule of thumb is that if it wasn't obvious, then I'll just assume it was accidental and move on. Whether or not someone apologizes doesn't affect whether or not I report it, unless that person offers some sort of explanation. 

One of the most rampant forms of foul play, I find, is that many players do not wait long enough after an overtake to come back into their original lane. If there is a little bit of lag, this can easily result in a crash. Personally, I either wait for a signal or until I am at least 2 complete truck+trailer lengths before rejoining my lane, after an overtake. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

Archived