What do you think about the Ets2 community, specifically in trolls?

juanes2223

21 hours ago, pashtet_blr said:

They just grew up XD

IMHO, since the speed limit to 110 kmh, the general behaviour became better. I abandoned MP, because it wasn't funny after a long distance transport, to be smashed into pieces by a spoilt kid, running into other with 150 kmh, loosing time, money, xp.

Nice surprise when I realised the implementation of the speed limit.

I would say because of that the numbers if trolls has went down (also thx to a great admin work). Bad driving always happens, is it because of iag of talent or equipment, or simply some kind of selfishness in some cases, I get around it driving later at night

The community seems more united when it comes to languages. The French, the German etc... I feel like those small communities could be more united within themselves. Discord is a good place to make friends and participate in the community btw. There are some trolls, yes, but the GMs and CMTs are here to deal with those. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly trolls are everywhere which is a shame to this really nice community, there's always going to be those who ruin others happiness and fun, it's childish behaviour really. Since the simulation/arcade servers I have seen a decrease in trolls which is good but still alot more to fight off!

• 2 weeks later...

You know what is the most amazing? The same guys who are trolling on the road, are moving freely in this forum (from topic to topic), expressing their opinions, trying to appear serious in front of all and even they dare to propose solutions for the common problems we all have in-game, while they are part of that cause (to be clear, doesnt mean that i blame everyone inside here, there's a small specific number of those miracles. They know as well who they are). 

To those guys who are trying to outsmart at least me: ...be aware ☠️. Im pissed as bloody hell and yet i didnt forget it. 

One time happened that and you escaped it mate with the well edited video you sent when you reported me for something that actually WASNT my fault at all. The next turn is mine and i have a lot for you and for many other players with many evidences (photos, videos and posts). 

Kind greetings

ReierV8

Troms Cargo AS

6 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I have the impression that the number of incidents caused by trolls/ reckless behavior has decreased since the introduction of a lower speed limit and "Road to Simulation".

Mate if you drive away of calais, duisburg, kirkenes...then yes it seems to be reduced. But if you dare to go there between the freaks, then I'm really sorry but i have to disappoint you deeply here as the accidents in those areas staying as they were. Actually it happened to talk to some guys who got banned (i sae their bs live), well even at that time they were complaining that it wasnt fair bcs its a game and bcs its a game the players have the right to ramme each other for fun. 

Well, i guess their parents never taught them good behavior or to explain them that if you are a d*ck on the road, you should expect a b*tch slap from nowhere. 

"What else should I be, 
All apologies, 
What else could I say, 
Everyone is gay, 
What else could I write, 
I don't have the right, 
What else should I be, 
All apologies". 

-Kurt Cobain. 

Kind greetings 

ReierV8

Troms Cargo AS

As other players have said, trolls exist in every community and therefore, not much can be done to prevent trolling from our roads.

I think that everyone should obey some "behavioural" rules (what to do and what not to do to other players while on the road) and if they cannot follow some basic rules, in order to make everyone's game better, they should be sanctioned by TMP Staff.  

It is extremely unpleasant as you drive and try to make your delivery unhindered, bend over the truck's mirrors. I had many events, many people did not report, I made mistakes. True, mistakes are made, and I made mistakes .. but some make systematic nonsense! Trolling players are on every server, even some are so-called cheeky and not perceived by threats or similarities. The Administrators (responsible for the reports) in the forum do their jobs strictly, for which I can congratulate them! I think a bit more server activity is needed, not just to have a greater administration presence during an organized large convoy. With good feelings for each of the Administrators, this is just my opinion.

Greetings!

@juanes2223 A few already mentioned this but; In any game, any community there will always be other users to ruin your experience. But the key is not to let them annoy you. If for an unknown reason this were to happen, you can simply report them in-game and allow a Game Moderator review the incident and decide if further action is needed. But if, the report gets timed out in-game the next best thing would to have been recording the incident and then submit it via here. In an ideal world we would or could have multiple Game Moderators online at any given time. But we are all volunteers, even with Staff around the world we still work full-time jobs, or full-time students and or even have a family of our own. Also another suggestion I can give you, is to drive to a new location - somewhere you haven't been before. I don't know if you own any DLC or not, but base game alone you can still explore the map and have a peaceful and enjoyable journey. I'll end by saying, if a user joins ATS/ETS2 (TruckersMP) for the sole purpose to cause mayhem they will be punished accordingly. You can find more information about The Road to Simulation here ----> https://truckersmp.com/blog/171

As in every game, trolls try to destroy and spoil your game and more they achieve this. But the trolls have no escape from the ban. A person is in the video and is banned. And that's why I'm happy when trolls are banned. Trolls are very annoying and frustrating. :tmp:

On 1/30/2020 at 8:11 AM, K0rnholio said:

@juanes2223 A few already mentioned this but; In any game, any community there will always be other users to ruin your experience. But the key is not to let them annoy you. If for an unknown reason this were to happen, you can simply report them in-game and allow a Game Moderator review the incident and decide if further action is needed. But if, the report gets timed out in-game the next best thing would to have been recording the incident and then submit it via here. In an ideal world we would or could have multiple Game Moderators online at any given time. But we are all volunteers, even with Staff around the world we still work full-time jobs, or full-time students and or even have a family of our own. Also another suggestion I can give you, is to drive to a new location - somewhere you haven't been before. I don't know if you own any DLC or not, but base game alone you can still explore the map and have a peaceful and enjoyable journey. I'll end by saying, if a user joins ATS/ETS2 (TruckersMP) for the sole purpose to cause mayhem they will be punished accordingly. You can find more information about The Road to Simulation here ----> https://truckersmp.com/blog/171

This. 

I am a troller. I grief in this game, I block the most trafficked road to ruin your fun. I feel happy when I make a huge mess and everyone else is super angry because of me. Today is a good day.

But if everyone stops driving here -- I have no mess to make and I feel boring just parked on the road by myself.

And if someone reports me -- I get unfairly banned for chilling on the road, I did nothing wrong, time to harass the admin, spam on the forums and support tickets, because I cannot play the game but I have to make a mess none the less.

Boom. Problem solved for you as a player in this game, the staff deals with the rest.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

On 1/30/2020 at 1:11 AM, K0rnholio said:

The game management group is trollibg also somehow. 

Lastly, we have made some small changes to the speed limiter. Staff members that have Game Moderation permissions have had their speed limiter raised to 160 km/h (100 mph) in order to let them fulfill their duties in the best way possible.

That's a super trolling mode "level 160" with supposed reason and for sure presented as something normal bcs it comes for the game moderators. Pfff.....

@ReierV8 I can tell you from my experience as a GM > GML, I only speed up to the equivalent as a player in convoys if there are gaps. I personally never found a reason to speed at 160km/h or 100 mph. This is a Trucking Simulator and meant to be played as one. As you may know, GM's and higher have a unlimited range with free camera. This for me was more than enough for me to do my daily duties day in/day out.

If you disagree with Game Management or found a GM (or higher) abusing their speed limiter then you are welcome to submit a feedback at https://truckersmp.com/feedback 

23 minutes ago, K0rnholio said:

@ReierV8 I can tell you from my experience as a GM > GML, I only speed up to the equivalent as a player in convoys if there are gaps. I personally never found a reason to speed at 160km/h or 100 mph. This is a Trucking Simulator and meant to be played as one. As you may know, GM's and higher have a unlimited range with free camera. This for me was more than enough for me to do my daily duties day in/day out.

If you disagree with Game Management or found a GM (or higher) abusing their speed limiter then you are welcome to submit a feedback at https://truckersmp.com/feedback 

So you agree that the 160km limit is a joke. Right? How can you prove that (maybe not you) but other gms dont misuse that speed limit for their advance? We don't know, we cant control that. Let's be realists.

Btw, your servers, your rules, but still for me is a joke that part i mentioned earlier. About my disagreements i dont think that anyone here from the stuff would take me in a serious way (but well, you all rule a game (by cutting and sewing in your measuring and according to your beliefs), i rule a reality), so, that would be just wasted energy for nothing. 

Btw2, that should not offend you or whatever else as i talk generally and not pointing to a specific person. Within few words, i see exceptions that really shouldn't exist as that gives the right to the braindead players (the fasters) to cause a mess WITH a reason and always according to what the..."rules" saying. 

Thanks and have a nice game. 

@ReierV8 

I believe your misinformed on the main point of this topic. We weren't discussing about GM's special permissions or going over a certain speed limit. We were talking about "trolls" and how they effected other players. If you have a serious inquiry I urge you to make a feedback with the link I shared above with the respective Manager(s) 

Regards,
K0rnholio
Community Manager  

1 minute ago, K0rnholio said:

@ReierV8 

I believe your misinformed on the main point of this topic. We weren't discussing about GM's special permissions or going over a certain speed limit. We were talking about "trolls" and how they effected other players. If you have a serious inquiry I urge you to make a feedback with the link I shared above with the respective Manager(s) 

Regards,
K0rnholio
Community Manager  

Yeap, you are right, but i just like to include every single detail when it comes to a specific point (including players, gms or anyone and anything else). Thanks. 

I'll risk chiming in here as newbie-noobie-noob on TruckersMP.

I am perfectly fine with the "Road to Simulation"-approach.

I'm perfectly fine with the speed limits, giving a little bit of leeway is just perfect, then You have to make some choices and at the same time neutering the Kamikaze-crowd.

The GM's may have a speed limit of hyper-speed, god-mode powers and the abilities of turning into bats and wolves for all I care, of course the Provost Marshals should have extremely extended rights and powers.

It goes with the territory!

They are fekking Yoda here, keeping the dark side of the force at bay.

I am a very happy (and new) camper here....

My 0.02$

Peace and love....

OaS

• 2 weeks later...

Archived