Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

The worst way to ram.

BunniGal

@Loll3r That's trolling, pure and simple, but not worse than the OP's example. In fact, those 2 idiots gave you lots of chances to get evidence video and their IDs, reporting them should be easy. The topic is about those people who ram from behind and immediately disappear, making it difficult to get them identified and reported.

4 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I have not seen such reckless behavior for quite some time. Hopefully you reported both of them via the website report system for reckless driving.

And it's not the only time that happened

4 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I have not seen such reckless behavior for quite some time. Hopefully you reported both of them via the website report system for reckless driving.

I thought he'd just been ramming.
My bad, I judged too quickly

@MadCowTransport I've been rammed with this lowered limit. Because I don't do 110 Km/h, usually I don't go faster than 80 Km/h, so I'm an easy target for the speeders. Having a server 110 Km/h speed limit doesn't mean that everyone will go at 110 Km/h. It only means that those who do, are not so likely be rammed. But still, they can... Imagine someone doing 110 Km/h, start overtaking another truck that is doing 90 Km/h and when it's by its side, the slower truck driver decides to swerve into the faster one. Rammed. And from an angle where the overtaking player can't see anymore the rammer's name in his screen. No one is safe from idiots or trolls, not even with lowered speed limits.

But I can agree that there's a lot less ramming now than there was before with the 93 mph (150 Km/h) speed limit. So it was indeed an effective solution. To a very much related problem.

On 12/6/2019 at 2:08 AM, Blueyy said:

Hey! Unfortunately there are some people that dedicate their time to ruin our experiences. I don't get why they do it but it frustrates me every time. I just hope people didn't do that! ?

As Blueyy said, It's extremely stressful to be rammed intentionally. I wonder what makes them do it.

Subiiii
Former TruckersMP
199483566_role_GameModerationTrainee.png339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
TruckersMP Support System | TruckersMP Rules | Knowledge Base | Feedback | Reports | Appeals

57 minutes ago, Azule! said:

As Blueyy said, It's extremely stressful to be rammed intentionally. I wonder what makes them do it.

Ever since I switched so save/load technique all stress went away. Strategically plan route where you stop and save along the way, and if someone do ram you you do your best to avoid but if he

damages you, you can report them, load your previous save (or auto saves!) and have 0 damage and perpetrator is dealt with (report system)

@enex SLOVENIA If only that save/load method worked with WoT external contracts... Recently, a job starting in Finland, destination the UK, more than 2500 Km. Already in the UK, 200 Km to destination, not one single incident so far, 0% damage to trailer and cargo and... One truck in the middle of a turn, driving on wrong the side, crash heads-on, 26% damage to my truck, +10% damage to the trailer, +8% damage to the cargo and to make things worse, it made my truck to tip over. F7 and the job is automatically cancelled. Even if I hadn't needed to use F7, any attempt to load previous saves while doing WoT jobs will always put the truck at the exact point where it was crashed and with the exact same damages. So sure, I could get video, send report, get that player banned, but in the end, it was more than 2000 Km of safe driving lost because of a reckless player. Only thing positive about it... It has happened so many times that I don't get so stressed anymore.

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@enex SLOVENIA If only that save/load method worked with WoT external contracts... Recently, a job starting in Finland, destination the UK, more than 2500 Km. Already in the UK, 200 Km to destination, not one single incident so far, 0% damage to trailer and cargo and... One truck in the middle of a turn, driving on wrong the side, crash heads-on, 26% damage to my truck, +10% damage to the trailer, +8% damage to the cargo and to make things worse, it made my truck to tip over. F7 and the job is automatically cancelled. Even if I hadn't needed to use F7, any attempt to load previous saves while doing WoT jobs will always put the truck at the exact point where it was crashed and with the exact same damages. So sure, I could get video, send report, get that player banned, but in the end, it was more than 2000 Km of safe driving lost because of a reckless player. Only thing positive about it... It has happened so many times that I don't get so stressed anymore.

Damn yeah WOT situation is not ideal for sure.

On 12/6/2019 at 9:48 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@MadCowTransport I've been rammed with this lowered limit. Because I don't do 110 Km/h, usually I don't go faster than 80 Km/h, so I'm an easy target for the speeders. Having a server 110 Km/h speed limit doesn't mean that everyone will go at 110 Km/h. It only means that those who do, are not so likely be rammed. But still, they can... Imagine someone doing 110 Km/h, start overtaking another truck that is doing 90 Km/h and when it's by its side, the slower truck driver decides to swerve into the faster one. Rammed. And from an angle where the overtaking player can't see anymore the rammer's name in his screen. No one is safe from idiots or trolls, not even with lowered speed limits.

But I can agree that there's a lot less ramming now than there was before with the 93 mph (150 Km/h) speed limit. So it was indeed an effective solution. To a very much related problem.

I always drive with the tab-window opened. This let's me become aware of when there is drivers in my vicinity (thus I need to drive a bit more carefully), and also allows me to always know who is responsible for what. A good spot to keep the window IMO is in the upper right hand corner, with opacity lowered to about 50% or a tad lower so it's not too distracting. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

@MadCowTransport  I do the same thing, it's what I pointed out in my first reply to this topic. But if you really meant this:

On 12/7/2019 at 1:40 AM, MadCowTransport said:

Ever since the speed limit got lowered to 68MPH I automatically refuse to believe that anyone wrecks or rams anyone.

Then the TAB window would be unnecessary... That's the message I was replying to, trying to show that no matter what the limit is, every precautions that players can take are always a good thing. Because I can't "refuse to believe that anyone wrecks or rams anyone".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived