The worst way to ram.

BunniGal

Recently on more than one occasion I have been victim to rammers that ram and immediately log off making it impossible for me to file a report as it's impossible to see usernames and player ID in the wing mirrors. This is the worst tactic being used by trolls and I have noticed it being used more frequently on myself and others and I really hope something can be done that enables username and ID to be visible in wing mirrors. I have put forward a suggestion in that forum section but I am curious to know if anyone else has experienced this despicable behaviour. I have a video showcasing it and just how frustrating it is since you don't expect to be randomly rammed by the time you react the rammer has already left without a trace. ?

Has anyone else found themselves victim to this scummy behaviour?

Honestly, this kind of behaviour has been around in TMP for years, they come flying at you at full speed, ram you, then before you have chance to even catch their name tag they disappear, either alt F4 or just reloading a save so that they can continue trolling.

Sadly, short of having name tags appear in the mirrors or the game automatically logging the players pinfo when they make contact with you, there’s not much that can be done to counteract this.

What I  would suggest is that if you get rammed by someone who instantly disappears, just pull off to the side and dev cam around the area, sometimes people like this will load a save from a certain distance away and then troll an area around the save point, so chances are if you hang around and de cam and record, you’ll spot them trolling other people which then adds to your evidence to get the Perma banned.

The Problem with driving with Tab open method for recording information, is that it works fine if you’re in a quiet area with only a couple of people around, but you get more than two or three people around it gets exponentially more difficult to know who is the troll and who is just another trucker going about their day.

The thing you always have to remember is that no matter how fast a troll may be in getting away with ramming, karma will always catch up to the eventually.

I think I am going to have to start playing with ETS2map.com open on my second monitor with it set to follow my truck until another way is hopefully added to counteract this issue. But even then I must be quick to get the name as their ID will be useless if they do indeed leave the game instead of loading a save.

1 hour ago, [RLC] MegadethSteve666 said:

The Problem with driving with Tab open method for recording information, is that it works fine if you’re in a quiet area with only a couple of people around, but you get more than two or three people around it gets exponentially more difficult to know who is the troll and who is just another trucker going about their day.

It's easy enough... Just by looking at the distances. The guy who hit your truck will almost always be the one closer to it. It's just watching the video, frame by frame, if needed. I can tell, I've reported people in the past whose names couldn't be seen other than in the TAB list and by explaining why "ABCD" had to be the ramming one, the report was accepted and the troll/rammer was banned. Even once, there was a truck by my side, another guy in a car rear-ended my truck and I managed to get the right player banned. The truck was closer, but in the video, it could be seen that it was the car approaching fast, hitting and disappearing afterwards. By checking the TAB in the video, it was easy to get the player's name.

And the TAB list can be made almost transparent, so it doesn't "interfere" too much.

44 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It's easy enough... Just by looking at the distances. The guy who hit your truck will almost always be the one closer to it. It's just watching the video, frame by frame, if needed. I can tell, I've reported people in the past whose names couldn't be seen other than in the TAB list and by explaining why "ABCD" had to be the ramming one, the report was accepted and the troll/rammer was banned. Even once, there was a truck by my side, another guy in a car rear-ended my truck and I managed to get the right player banned. The truck was closer, but in the video, it could be seen that it was the car approaching fast, hitting and disappearing afterwards. By checking the TAB in the video, it was easy to get the player's name.

And the TAB list can be made almost transparent, so it doesn't "interfere" too much.

I wholeheartedly agree. The size and location of the window can also be manipulated to your liking, I don't see why wouldn't anyone have it open nowadays.

When this happens to me. Which is dosent do very often. But if it does i just make a report in game of myself And then i can watch that report of my self and catch the rammer that way (since i am a moderator). In your case you of cause cant watch the report yourself but you can still report yourself in a case like that. And a moderator might be around to watch it. This of cause wont help with a web report but it at least helps a little.

Hey @BunniGal

You've got some good suggestions above, but in addition to what's been said, there's another very good way to catch the user if you're driving in an area with just a few people. Let's say for instance you get rammed and the user in question leaves the game right away without you having the chance to get his name, then you simply open the TAB menu and click on the History button as seen in the picture here (http://i.epvpimg.com/w1COdab.png) once done, you'll see a list of players and the closest one should be the one who just rammed you, depending on how many players drive in your area (http://i.epvpimg.com/qPOJfab.png

I'll speak with the Developers and see if we can get something done to combat this issue.

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

42 minutes ago, weezy said:

I'll speak with the Developers and see if we can get something done to combat this issue.

Look at that suggestion (as a possible solution to this problem):

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/80454-player-version-of-the-report-demo-system/ 

This system would allow the player to get the in-game ID and the name of the perpetrator for later spawn log checking, if the perpetrator happened to be too close for the name to even display due to vehicle height.

11 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I totally agree with you, although for me I cant have tab open for more than a few seconds before I lose almost all my frames for some unknown reason, its just that there are certain circumstances where even having the tab menu open and go by the distance from your current location to determine the troll, doesn't work, its okay on say a motorway or quiet back road with very little traffic, but in busier areas, where most trolling tends to happen nowadays, its much harder because at any one time you can have more than 2 people within a short distance of you. 

This has probably been said already, however I just go to my log_spawning in 'Documents\ETS2MP\logs' and you can see the name of people joining along with their TMP ID. They will show up here whether they stay connected or not.

Make sure you are looking in the log_spawning which generated for the session where you were rammed

This is if you catch their name or session ID that is

I am not relevant

@Callum Johnson Yeah, it does, but this troll was prepared to hit ALT+F4  or cut off his connection any other way right after the impact, his vehicle was still moving when he disappeared.

I've had few incidents where rammer would glitch and fly off far away, into the de-spawn distance.

Sometimes you can get disoriented, when your truck tips over or flips, and your cab may start wobbling violenty, so your view is all over the place and it takes couple of seconds for me to recover and react, giving precious time for prepetrator to get away with it.

• 2 weeks later...

@BunniGalMaybe this could help u (admins told me)
For this, you will need to go into Documents\ETS2MP\logs and then find the log_spawning log for the date of which the ramming happened.

Inside of the .log file (of which you can open with notepad) you will need to search in your case (1371), you can do that by pressing CTRL+F on the file and putting in the number (which the brackets) and then press enter until you find the players correct username, you will see TMPID: with the TMP ID number next to it on the line of the user that you want to report, just copy that number into the report form on the website and you will be able to report the user. 

There is also a video guide for this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmPz0liNFWo

Kind Regards,

Sentinel

TruckersMP Support

https://gyazo.com/04db1b84fb13d57fa2243af103a2d904
just check the time and date and use CTRL+F to search for it
hopefully that i hav solved ur porblem!

• 2 weeks later...

If you have the tab menu open you can click one "history", hopefully that can help in some situations. In highly populated areas it might be hard though, but in your situation you could've done it I think. Hopefully it can help in the future

On 11/9/2019 at 5:19 PM, [HKG]Cccccck said:

@BunniGalMaybe this could help u (admins told me)
For this, you will need to go into Documents\ETS2MP\logs and then find the log_spawning log for the date of which the ramming happened.

Inside of the .log file (of which you can open with notepad) you will need to search in your case (1371), you can do that by pressing CTRL+F on the file and putting in the number (which the brackets) and then press enter until you find the players correct username, you will see TMPID: with the TMP ID number next to it on the line of the user that you want to report, just copy that number into the report form on the website and you will be able to report the user. 

There is also a video guide for this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmPz0liNFWo

Kind Regards,

Sentinel

TruckersMP Support

https://gyazo.com/04db1b84fb13d57fa2243af103a2d904
just check the time and date and use CTRL+F to search for it
hopefully that i hav solved ur porblem!

In his case here, it wont work, by how I understood that comment. In OPs case he cant see the players name or tag, which makes him unable to file a report

• 2 weeks later...

Archived