Why are less players on the ATS servers?

Dittli

I think that if there weren't so many bad/wreckless/"IOTR" drivers, there would be more players on ATS/Truckers MP...

I've seen so many that me and a few of my friends are not even sure we will get back on TMP once(the question is when will it be?) it's updated to 1.36...

@Addict2SimsQc Not sure where you're seeing so many bad/wreckless/"IOTR" drivers on the ATS sever, unless maybe you're playing on the European server?  I have seen very, very few trolls on ATS US server.  A few "bad drivers" in that they turn too short and get hung up on a telephone pole, fence, etc. but true trolls are few and far between.  ETS2 has exponentially more trolls and exponentially more players, so your logic doesn't hold up anyway.

18 hours ago, HAR_Sabre said:

@Addict2SimsQc Not sure where you're seeing so many bad/wreckless/"IOTR" drivers on the ATS sever, unless maybe you're playing on the European server?  I have seen very, very few trolls on ATS US server.  A few "bad drivers" in that they turn too short and get hung up on a telephone pole, fence, etc. but true trolls are few and far between.  ETS2 has exponentially more trolls and exponentially more players, so your logic doesn't hold up anyway.

That's because the players think that no one is watching this small group of people and a bit that is true, people think that in ATS servers they have more "free space" to troll or something but admins are there too so anyway they will be banned/kicked.

However, that looks like players just prefer to drive in ETS2 because probably of bigger groups of players and chance of meeting someone while driving. From the SCS side, it looks as if they like ATS more than ETS2 in terms of producing DLC for these games. It's hard to guess. xD

In addition to the previous answers, I offer another point of view.

Americans are not nearly as obsessed with driving as they used to be. The American market for driving games as a whole has crumbled, just like the quality of American vehicles. American gamers are more interested in playing some rubbish like Call of Duty or Fortnite. Combine this with the fact that the country of America does not seem very appealing to most Europeans and I think you got two more major factors to add to the list. 

Another major factor is they chose some of the most boring parts of America (driving-wise) to begin the game. They would have been much better off starting on the East Coast, particularly the Northeast.... or even Great Lakes region. The west coast is an incredibly boring drive, for the most part, even in real life. 

That being said, I think ATS has started out better than ETS on a technical level. However, I don't see a population boom happening anytime soon with the current map DLC method. The initial map size for ATS is smaller than the initial map size for ETS2, especially after ETS2 upscaled their maps several years ago, so they're going to have to address that to gain much traction at all. Probably going to have to add 1 or 2 more states to the vanilla game package. The lack of trucks is another obvious issue, but I think that is secondary to the poor design choice of starting the game development with a relatively small map in the bland Southwest. 

You have never truly trucked unless you have trucked with a MAD COW!

the reason why is the tmp team are not putting enough effort into updating ats mp there would be more people on the ats servers if they would stop putting all there effort into ets 2 and updated the ats server to the current version of the game alot of people who have the new map dlc do not want to revert there game to the last version just to play online when they should have had there servers sorted long before now then have the nerve to throw up a donations page when they cant even keep there servers updated 

On 10/12/2019 at 10:36 PM, xenophobia said:

Why would you join a server that has 150 players, when there's a server that has 4000+ players? When you have C-D road? When you come across 10 players every other second? When most of your friends play ETS2? There's no reason for people to play ATS, except those who are enthusiastic about American trucks or players who genuinely enjoy the American map because it feels like home to them, which is a small number. Or... homesick players, like me.

No kidding I play ATS just for the trucks but I do love me some European trucks too with all of their lights.... I mean come on who wouldn't love the 30 bright ass lights....oncoming traffic? pfft

Also, since people got Utah, if you use a savegame on it; it will end up becoming incompatible and unusable which im guessing why people are not really getting into it.

8DNR455.png.869e61a16669ab6e07db46102f6c9a56.png

8DNR455cali.png.0211d30eb8126a677c9256a883154e59.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's because Truckers MP neglects ATS MP. They don't hold enough events and they don't support the same or similar mods on ATS MP, such as Winter Mod as a prime example. If Truckers MP showed the same love to ATS MP as they give to ETS2 MP, I bet there'd be an increase in people playing it. Some people don't play ATS MP because there's nothing interesting happening on it (TMP events wise). Others don't play it because Truckers MP doesn't support the same things they do for ETS2 MP. This user in the below image for example, replying to Grimes on why winter mod isn't in ATS MP. The main reason they don't play ATS MP at all is because TMP refuses to support the winter mod for it. And I'm sure there are many more just like them who don't play ATS MP for the same reason.

I'm also sure there are others who don't play ATS MP because there is a lack of events happening on it. Truckers MP tried shrugging off the "responsibility" for creating interest in ATS to SCS. But there is so much that TMP could do to help raise interest in ATS. But they refuse to do it. They refuse to even try. This "Christmas Convoy" they're doing? They could have chose to have done it in ATS, supporting the winter mod in the process, and created interest in ATS MP. But no. They chose to do it in ETS2 MP, where the winter mod is not even updated for 1.36 yet and who knows if the ETS2 Winter Mod will even be updated by then? Grimes has all of his other weather/seasonal mods for ETS2 to update to 1.36. What if he decides to update all of those other ones before finally updating the ETS2 winter mod, and what if that ends up taking longer to the point that the ETS2 Winter Mod won't be updated to 1.36 by the 22nd of December? Won't be much of a "Christmas Convoy" without snow.

There is clearly an interest in ATS MP when Truckers MP decides to do something on it. IIRC, the past couple Real Operations events for ATS MP increased the player count for ATS MP while the event was running. So why not hold more events and more TMP convoys on ATS MP? People are clearly interested in it when there are stuff like events happening or there is new content, whether that content is from SCS or TMP, it doesn't matter. And why not create support for a couple mods too? Start supporting the ATS Winter Mod. I BET people will start playing ATS MP more, simply because of that. If the issue for some players is that there aren't enough trucks for ATS? Why not support the GTM truck mods? The Peterbilt 567, Kenworth W900B, T800, T610? They're all of the same quality of the SCS trucks and they only ever require very small and minor maintenance updates for when major ATS updates break them. And I can tell you right now, the GTM trucks are updated to support the newest game patches long before TMP updates to support them, so there is NEVER a concern there for TMP "needing to wait for them to update". The GTM trucks are also on the Steam Workshop. Easy for TMP to keep track of and check the mod validity (like they did with ETS2 Winter Mod last year) and Steam Workshop will auto-update the mods when there is an update made available, so there's no concern on the user's part to keep them updated. There is no reason to not support them and I bet supporting them would create a little more interest in ATS MP. I'd certainly play ATS MP more if Winter Mod was supported and if I could use something like the GTM Peterbilt 567 in ATS MP.

McnvluC.png

But, at the end of the day, Truckers MP doesn't care about ATS MP. They haven't done anything to prove otherwise. They only care about ETS2 MP and it shows. And this is the main reason I believe, for why ATS MP has less players than ETS2 MP.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer ETS2 as it has a bigger variety of trucks and has a larger map.

I have 767 hours on ETS2

and 23 hours on ATS.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:23 PM, Mother Bear said:

over the past months they have just started to put more into it which is great to see

Yeah, they have started to put some work into ATS which the ATS community seem happy about! 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived