Easier ways to see a players ping and also an easier way to report someone In-game

Dan_TFM

Suggestion Name:

An Easier Way To See a Players Current Ping or to access the Tab -

Hello All,

Suggestion Description:

Over the past couple of days I have been coming up with new suggestions that could be rather handy for players in-game (American Truck Simulator & Eurotruck Simulator 2) on the TMP Servers.

At times I believe that it can be hard to open up the Tab whilst you're driving if you need it. For example, you may need to open up the side panel to report someone but its not safe to pull over, or you need to check a players ID but they went past you too quickly, or even if you need to check a players ping to see if its safe to stay behind them as they could be lagging which may cause serious accidents and damage. However, it then suddenly blocks part of your screen, and you will need to use your mouse and bring up the cursor to click on the buttons, then if messes up your steering - Its just not practical.

An Example:

My main  suggestion is to see various icons where the players name/tag is. Obviously there should be an option if this goes ahead to add or to not have set 'icons' to the name. My main suggestion is to add the players ping next to their ID, so the other players when they're driving behind or even to the side of them can be aware if some expected lag might happen. This will lower accidents and damage on trucks too as it will be much easier for the players to understand if the person they're following is safe or not. Furthermore, it would also be good if the Name/Tag could be clickable, so if a player would like to report someone then they would just have to click the players name instead of clicking onto tab then finding the person, I think Game Moderators have something like this where they can click the player to highlight them if they need banning or kicking. 

Example Photo:

image.png.065461d168155cc8d700a7139d1cab9a.png

(Here is a rough example of what I mean - I would like to suggest an optional feature to players which would state a players ping and also have a clickable button on their name if someone would like to report them - It makes it so much easier and also not as time consuming).

Within my example photo it includes a number '42' - This shows the players ping. In addition to that, it also has an icon which is an exclamation mark, this would be clickable. These are just optional features which the players could turn on if they wanted within the tab.

Why It Should Be Added:

Everyone has been behind someone who is lagging but you're not sure if its them or yourself, but then its in a busy place and you haven't got enough time or it isn't safe to concentrate by looking at the Tab - This makes it easier by always being there above the name. Also, everyone has been in the situation when someone quickly crashes into you then drives away or f7s quickly, but you don't catch their ID or name so you can't send off a report. However, this suggestion will make it so much quicker by the click of one button!

This method of looking at the players ping or being able to do various things via clicking icons on the players name will reduce the quantity of accidents on the roads. Also, it will let people be able to report a certain person get reported quickly.

Please feel free to post your opinions about this - I personally think it would make a great impact to the servers. It would be great to have Game Moderators opinions on this as well.

Many Thanks,

Dan

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...