Which Truck would you use if you had to pick only one?

Dan_TFM

I personally wil never stray from the older gen scanias. ETS2 wise, I always use the Scania R 2009 in the R580 variant, the most common variant here in Ireland. I love how J-spec they look from stock, and it's something that I will continue to use for the majority of my ETS2 career. Just recently, my own TMP Scania just surpassed 60,000km on the Odomoeter! :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without a doubt, a Volvo FH16 750 6x4.

Why? You have the grunt of the 750 engine to pull pretty much anything, the traction of a 6x4 so you can haul heavy cargo one job, and then a curtainsider (or any other form of general haulage) the next, without looking silly. I really do believe, that this combination is the true Jack of all trades! :D

I also love the practicality of the dashboard. All the key information you need about the truck is displayed right in front of you, with no need to toggle through any other trip computers :D

*Plus they look so god damn AWESOME!!* ❤️

Best Wishes;
RB :)

ets2_20190428_230731_00 (600 x 337).jpg

Scania 

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader                                                                                                                                  

Scania S730 4x2. Why?

- The roar of the V8.

- The enormous amount of fuel you have in the 4x2, which lets you drive insane distances.

- The 12+2 Gearbox. Really useful to climb Scandinavian hills with heavy trailers. Just set it to manual, enable warnings lights, and climb.

- Driving it is so smooth, which makes it really comfortable to drive. Also, it's very stable.

And that's all. :)

If I had to pick one truck and one truck only that wasn’t my normal go to truck, the new Gen Scania S, (because it’s super common and although I use it a lot, it’s not my all time personal favourite scania) it would have to be a 625hp, 6x4 taglift 2014 Mercedes actors, mostly because, although I’m not a huge fan of the dash layout for right hand drive, it has plenty of pulling power for any type of load, is quite stable at speed and with the taglift up, can perform dirt doughnuts without much hassle.

Archived