Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Crash to desktop (logs included)

Quirius

Question

Okay, I have almost given up.

So I start up the game and in seconds it crashes without a word. Some other times it doesn't crash. If I click my profile it loads then crashes, it is basically like a 10 second timer. It also always happens when there is a TruckersMP update.

Thing to note is that I am a member of a VTC, and am using their event profile, which has every garage and truck, even the ones from DLC's I don't own. Still it usually worked. And the game crashes even before I would choose a profile. 

Other thing to mention is that I am using their tracker and telemetry plugin. Which even if I uninstall the crash stays.

Any help or idea woudl be appreciated.

Thanks,

Quirius

game.log-loading profile.txt game.log-main menu.txt game.log-telemetry installed.txt

game.log.txt

spacer.png

15 answers to this question

Quirius is your game crashing to the desktop with no errors given? Just a thought but have you got one config file configured to directX 9 and another config file configured with directX 11?

also have you done a new install of ETS2 and does that still have crashes happen?

The Englisman the game always crashes to desktop without any errors. I don't know why it's using a different DirectX version, might have something to do with big picture mode (I need it for steam controller), or TMP, because I tried launching it from BP mode and normally, with and without TMP, and also tried reinstalling the game 2 times. Nothing changed. Thanks for the reply!

spacer.png

Quirius Is this happening on just this game or every one you play?

Also this may sound like an odd question but what bios version are you currently on?

It strictly happens with this game only. I am running F4 version of gigabyte aorus b450 elite's BIOS, but have had no problem with it since january.

I am not at home until tomorrow, but tried launching with openGL from my phone via teamviewer and while i couldn't see the game only the desktop, it got to the main menu and did not crash so far. Tomorrow I will test it to see if this worked. Thanks!

spacer.png

Hi there,

Try these:

Solution 1:

1. Right click ETS2 in steam

2. Select 'Launch with OpenGL'

3. Let the game run and try going into game.

4. Exit the game and go back to steam, right click ETS2 again but this time select 'Launch with DirectX (64-Bit)

5. Again go into game and then exit.

6. Start TruckersMP up and see if the game stops crashing

Solution 2:

Have you tried to verify your game?
> Go to Steam Library
> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2
> Properties
> Local Files
> Verify Integrity of Game Files
Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

Solution 3:

You should start TruckersMP as admin. This is really important.
Also, try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)

> Go to your steam App
> Go to the library
> Go to ETS 2 / ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS 2
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS 2
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Solution 4:

Step 1. 
Right click your 'Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer' / 'American Truck Simulators Multiplayer' .exe file, whether it be the shortcut on the desktop or actual file and then click properties.

Step 2.
If you right clicked it's shortcut, make sure you clicked the shortcut tab.
If you clicked the .exe file, make sure you are on the general tab.
You should see a section say: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe"   ) OR it's custom install path. (Minus the brackets)
What you need to do is on the end of it, add: (   -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP   ) 
It should look something like: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe" -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP )

Ah ok in that case then I'd advise you to try a new profile entirely (with no settings copied over from anywhere) so you'll start from scratch.  Test that and then see if it crashes to the desktop still.

This is what I did:

I opoened the game with OpenGL.

Deleted all profiles.

Then opened the game again with DirectX9 (idk if 11 works or not).

Made a new profile and i have been playing since online.

Thanks guys! It seems to work well now. I guess for now the question is solved, I don't know how to make it as such, or only admins can do it.

spacer.png

Hello There!

We are glad to hear that the problem has been solved!
Thanks for all participation!
Don't hesitate to contact us again if you need any help in the future.

Sincerely,
SkortiL [TR]
TruckersMP Support

//locked and moved to Solved Topics 

Sincerely,

SkortiL [TR] 

Create a Support Ticket / TruckersMP Rules / Feedback / Guides / Meet the Team