How do you guys play ETS2?

Denos

Just curious on your habits of how you play. I'll show you what I mean.

-I play on a laptop, Toshiba Satellite. I use mouse and keyboard to drive, I wish I could afford a G27, but then again not sure where I would put it.

-I play with Mods (Real Companies and ProMods,) With ProMods I have Iceland, Denmark, Scandinavia and maybe more countries plus added cities in Europe and UK. 

-I drive a Volvo FH Globetrotter XL in game as my primary vehicle. I also use a Scania, but am switching between the two. 

-I play listening to Teamspeak, if no one is on, I listen to an online stream 181.FM 90's Country. Very relaxing :D

Share how you play!

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

Play on my sig rig. Switch between a Volvo & Scania neither of which are 700+ HP (both ~ 400-550 HP) because I prefer to keep everything more realistic since lower HP trucks aren't exactly realistic. I haven't played with any single player mods besides trying out a Scania mod last week. I strictly follow ALL speed limits unless I can get away with 5 over on B roads.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

Gaming PC with DFGT, I dont use mods SP.

What my main target is:

Park at europort->Keep server clean-> If its calm just a little drive while keeping an eye on people who are reported very many times in 1 minute/speedhack reports.

I wonder if you look both ways when you cross my mind..

Be slow to critize, be fast to appreciate.

This is what I'm playing ETS2 on;

2gxqiki.jpg

It may not be the perfect steering wheel for driving a truck but it has enough buttons to cover the essentials, I was considering purchasing a G27 but I decided to buy an amp for one of my guitars over it as it made more sense at the time. I might buy one in future, but we'll see.

Too many mods for SP to list, but off the top of my head: TSM, brown leather interior for Volvo FH12 or is it the FH16 that's in ETS2? Not sure, but it is one of them. Rusmap, EAA, reworked traffic and such.

I don't really use TS at all, there was a few weeks back where I did use it but that's literally the first time I've properly used it. Too much background noise from my end, so I don't use it for the sanity of others - if it needs to be used, I'll use it but I almost never use it.

I have about 700+ albums worth of music sitting on itunes, so with online radio streams I do listen to them here and there; the EKR radio stream that's in ETS2 is actually pretty good. They play some good songs and they aren't the typical songs you'd here on a radio station, or at least where I live. But yeah, it's mostly my own music I'm listening to - I just put it on shuffle, fire up MP and I'm good to go. 

nz3d07.jpg

I play on my Gaming PC along with my G27 to drive when playing ETS2 and other driving games. I'm terms of mods there's far too many too list but some of the popular ones include:
*I may take a picture of what I'm playing ETS2 on*

ETS2SP Popular Mods:
1: Mostly all Jazzy Cat Mods

2: Promods and UK improvements Maps

3: Realistic Lighting Mods

4: Eddie Stobart Truck and Trailer Mods

5: Multi/Accessory Mods for Scania,DAF,Mercedes,Volvo 

Some Pictures of the mods in action:

ets2_00120_zps89a5f682.png

Source: ClickForLife

ets2_00122_zpse08ac79a.png

ets2_00124_zps83a80840.png

ets2_00127_zpsfe929a2e.png

ets2_00125_zpsd17c4767.png

In terms of what truck I drive mostly, I like to change it up to experience alot of trucks and what they can offer to a driving experience. Out of the bunch I mostly drive either a Volvo or a Scania. I don't use Teamspeak that much unless I'm taking part in a Teamspeak convoy or speaking in the ETRadio channel or the Stobart VTC Channel. Finally in terms of music I mostly use YouTube music playlists that I've created or I listen to the community created radio station ETRadio.

Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to see how other people play ETS2!

Cheers

Click

Cz6DhhJ.png

----

Proud ST Trucking Member!

If I've helped you, Click the "↑ Icon " to show your feedback!

PC with Logitech F310 GamePad as for Mods in SP... Promods, most of Jazzy Cat's mods  as for Trucks,  Kenworth Long, Peterbilt 379, Volvo VNL 780, Scania T and Ural 43202 Black but mainly switch from Sania streamline 6/8 and Volvo VNL. Mega Store and Scania Addon store.

CEO - The Lazy Truckers

VTL

Click here to join The Lazy Truckers

It's amazing how the the brain ignores the "the" before the second "the"
Read that again....

- I Play on laptop Lenovo Y400 and using mouse and keyboard control, i can't buy any steering wheel since i traveling a lot

- Before starting ETS2 i'm usualy looking for a convoy at ets2c.com

- I don't have any mods in game yet (I'm always play in Multiplayer)

- I drive a company truck (Volvo FH16 Globetrotter XL Bosny Transport), convoy truck, and my own truck (Volvo FH16 Globetrotter XL)

- I'm always on teamspeak every time my PC on, listening to Radio Tunes, sometimes Euro Truck Radio.

TERjqBU.png

Awesome cool to see that, I was looking for a mod that had trailers with American Companies (from there so duh :P) but hadn't really found any, I considered getting a wheel that wasn't a G27, but honestly I have no room for it. I tried the Xbox Controller, but I wasn't liking the controls so I stick to keyboard. Usually I go for long trips as listening to music and trucking is relaxing, especially after a busy day at work and such

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

I was looking for a mod that had trailers with American Companies (from there so duh :P) but hadn't really found any.

These aren't exactly changing the company names of the companies in game but these might interest you;

http://ets2.lt/en/american-fast-food-trailers-skins/

http://ets2.lt/en/trailers-pack-mod-american-shop/

http://ets2.lt/en/american-tipper-trailer-standalone/

http://ets2.lt/en/american-trailer-standalone/

http://ets2.lt/en/kenworth-t800-american-trailer-ups/

http://ets2.lt/en/kenworth-w900arc-american-trailer-pack/

http://ets2.lt/en/us-trailer-pack-v-1-0/

American trucks are alien and outdated to me, but I'm from the UK. I don't personally use any of these mods so I've no idea what they're like, but I read your comment and thought I'd take a look for you.

nz3d07.jpg

I only play MP when there is a huge convoy with an xbox 360 controller in 3rd person view and full automatic trannies, I mostly play in SP now with just the following mods

additional traffic

tsm map

realistic physics

and RO map when it is compatible with current TSM map

using a g27, facetrack noir (track ir using webcam lol) and comfy sofa chair with my sisters teddybear as armrest(cant afford a racing seat)

and rakista.com on background, life as a virtual trucker is just perfect

• 1 month later...

Archived