Did you see the trucking in real life ♥ with the Scania ♥

Ertuğrul IYI

1 hour ago, Myau91 said:

In real life, you don't see it with the fish-eye effect. Until ETS2 creators added the option to decrease FOV, i had to decrease it myself with mods.

But i noticed, mostly, players prefer playing with high FOV value. And i feel sorry for them.

Yeah, true, in real life you don't see the things like a camera with a wide angle lens, you can actually see way more. A normal wide angle lens is about 110-120°, and the human peripheral vision is about 200°or more. And then consider that the near peripheral angle is 30° in both directions, so that 60° already, and the mid peripheral angle is from the previous 30° up to 60° (again, in both directions). So when you take the average of the numbers 30 and 60, you have the magical 45. 45° in both directions is 90°, and this is why most of the first person games have 90° FOV as default. I use 90° in ETS as well, and still don't know why it is 70 or 75 in the game as default. 

2 hours ago, Myau91 said:

In real life, you don't see it with the fish-eye effect. Until ETS2 creators added the option to decrease FOV, i had to decrease it myself with mods.

But i noticed, mostly, players prefer playing with high FOV value. And i feel sorry for them.

I usually adjust the FOV just to see the left mirror and use the "virtual mirror"(F2) for the right one and,at the same time,be close enough to read all the instruments on the dash with no problems

3 hours ago, antrax737 said:

@Myau91 what do you mean? 

Look at the shapes of objects. They are wrong because of the fisheye effect.

3 hours ago, [ST-E] mrhijden said:

he means that ingame you can have a broader view than you would have IRL. some people have it set so you can see both mirrors without having to move your camera position or having the F2 camera's going.

Yes, and they pay for it with wrong shapes of objects. I'll explain below.

2 hours ago, buksee said:

Yeah, true, in real life you don't see the things like a camera with a wide angle lens, you can actually see way more. A normal wide angle lens is about 110-120°, and the human peripheral vision is about 200°or more. And then consider that the near peripheral angle is 30° in both directions, so that 60° already, and the mid peripheral angle is from the previous 30° up to 60° (again, in both directions). So when you take the average of the numbers 30 and 60, you have the magical 45. 45° in both directions is 90°, and this is why most of the first person games have 90° FOV as default. I use 90° in ETS as well, and still don't know why it is 70 or 75 in the game as default. 

In real life, objects don't change their shapes when you turn your head. Try to move your head in game with FOV more than 60 (or better with your 90) and objects will look further and closer cuz of  that. Also, the lane you're going on will become wide and narrow, depending on direction of your sight.

Should i explain that it does not happen IRL. I don't think so.

If you want to see and feel like you do in real life, try to set FOV 60. Yes you will have to turn your head to watch mirrors, but you will see it like real drivers (except for angle of view because an usual "square" screen doesn't allow you to have it), not aliens.

I drove real trucks so i can compare.

2 hours ago, BrunoPelogia said:

I usually adjust the FOV just to see the left mirror and use the "virtual mirror"(F2) for the right one and,at the same time,be close enough to read all the instruments on the dash with no problems

You leave yourself without experience that you would have in real life. What's the point to play simulator then?

I have a friend.He is a Scania employee in reality. I saw him driving a variety of cars. It is great. Maybe I have the opportunity to share photos and videos with you.

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

2 hours ago, F0rmula1 said:

To be honest, I've never seen a Scania truck in my life, and the most I've ever seen are MAN and Volvo.

well i hope u be able to see one ♥

On 10/9/2019 at 4:52 AM, [Chenxi/COO]*Sange said:

I have a friend.He is a Scania employee in reality. I saw him driving a variety of cars. It is great. Maybe I have the opportunity to share photos and videos with you.

well that's will be great thanks

VOLVO 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived