Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

ETS2 TMP fatal error crash

f1xzor

Question

8 answers to this question

Good evening,

it would be helpful to provide some more information about your current setup (hardware and software), such as, if you are using any mods or not and on how frequently your game crashes (is it the first time?).

In general, the C0000005 error code is an access violation. It means, that ETS2 wanted to access something, but it had no rights to access it. 

Now, there can be multiple reasons for it. Generally, the most helpful thing to do first, is to ensure that your game files are all correct. Try to validate them via Steam.

Another good thing, is to update your graphic card driver. I am not too sure though, if this is actually related to your problem, but it's definitely always a good thing to keep things up to date!
If these things brought no success, try using a profile without mods (if you have any installed). Also try to run ETS2 as administrator and see if it has a positive effect.

I hope, this approach helps in solving your problem.

Greetings from Luxembourg,

sideways.

Hello @f1xzor,

I know what causes this error. If you take a look at the crash log file, you will see that your GPU is not recognised.

If you have NVIDIA GPU, please download the driver from here: https://us.download.nvidia.com/GFE/GFEClient/3.20.0.118/GeForce_Experience_v3.20.0.118.exe

If you have AMD GPU, please follow these steps:

1st: Select you exact type of your video card from the offical site of AMD here: https://www.amd.com/en/support

2nd: Install it, but DON'T FINISH THE FULL INSTALLION! After the Windows installion finished and the AMD installer appears, don't click on install, close the window instead.

3rd: Go to Device Manager in you Control Panel.

4th: Select your display device (perhaps it named as Microsoft Basic Render Driver) and: Right click -> Update driver -> Browsee my computer for driver software -> select C:\AMD\"the downloaded driver" -> Install.

EVERY TWO CASES YOU MUST RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AFTER THE INSTALLION!

And there you go, your problem should fixed.

Let me know if you need more help!

Best Regards,

Patrik

15 hours ago, Patriktanki [DTQ] said:

Hello @f1xzor,

I know what causes this error. If you take a look at the crash log file, you will see that your GPU is not recognised.

If you have NVIDIA GPU, please download the driver from here: https://us.download.nvidia.com/GFE/GFEClient/3.20.0.118/GeForce_Experience_v3.20.0.118.exe

I have an Nvidia gpu, and already have the drivers installed since I got my PC haha, so there shouldn't be a problem with the GPU drivers... In addition, I update the drivers in high frequently so I don't know...

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate that!

I have a advice for you. Maybe the latest NVIDIA driver version can crash your game. You can make NVIDIA driver Roll back.

• Open Device manager.
  • In Device Manager, locate the display adapters. 
  • Tap-and-hold or right-click on the device's name or icon and choose Properties. The device's Properties window will open.
  • Select the Driver tab.
  • Select the Roll Back Driver button.
  • Select the Yes button to the "Are you sure you would like to roll back to the previously installed driver software?" question. 
  • Restart your PC. And log in your game.

Best Regards, 

#Creathy

#Creathy

Currently Rank:
284174119_role_VeteranI.png.f09bfbb8fe2a

Hello there,

Due to this topic being inactive for further 7 days, I will have to move it to "Unsolved" Topics. 

If you need any further help,create a new topic or contact us directly by submitting a support ticket here:https://truckersmp.com/support/ticket/create

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

Sabbi [GER]

TruckersMP Support 

//moved to Unsolved.