Why do people play ETS 2 instead of Need for Speed?

[GER]Bloodyryss

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/12/2019 at 7:21 PM, SilentSquads said:

It’s a game at the end of the day, you need to understand that. It’s not reality and moderators will take action if they need to.

This isnt the point ... we all know that this is a game ... but games also have rules like everything else ... some more some less ... this game NEEDS strict rules because its a SIMULATION that wants to be REALISTIC ... thats the nature of this game ... the reason why there is a split in Simulation and Arcade!

If so many people (like some people here say) dont want rules ... why are the arcade servers (without these rules) empty ... while the Simulation servers (with the rules) are full? 

Because the majority wants the rules ... the majority dont want people driving with 150 km/h through the streets and propably just crash and block a road ... because they dont want to honk again because some "mean guy" just ignores a red light and rams into you because of it ... because people dont want ghost drivers and people that drive at night without lights on just to make people crash into them!

The game NEEDS rules ... MANY rules ... because in other games trolling isnt so easy and banning these trolls is way easier then here! 

Without these rules we end up in anarchy and chaos really quick ...

I would like to have the Developers of truckersmp do a sort of Experiment for a week or so ... where every rule vanished 2 servers ... 1 european 1 US server without any rules without any restriction without any Penality ... Just to see how fast everything wents bad!

11 hours ago, [GER]Bloodyryss said:

This isnt the point ... we all know that this is a game ... but games also have rules like everything else ... some more some less ... this game NEEDS strict rules because its a SIMULATION that wants to be REALISTIC ... thats the nature of this game ... the reason why there is a split in Simulation and Arcade!

If so many people (like some people here say) dont want rules ... why are the arcade servers (without these rules) empty ... while the Simulation servers (with the rules) are full? 

Because the majority wants the rules ... the majority dont want people driving with 150 km/h through the streets and propably just crash and block a road ... because they dont want to honk again because some "mean guy" just ignores a red light and rams into you because of it ... because people dont want ghost drivers and people that drive at night without lights on just to make people crash into them!

The game NEEDS rules ... MANY rules ... because in other games trolling isnt so easy and banning these trolls is way easier then here! 

Without these rules we end up in anarchy and chaos really quick ...

I would like to have the Developers of truckersmp do a sort of Experiment for a week or so ... where every rule vanished 2 servers ... 1 european 1 US server without any rules without any restriction without any Penality ... Just to see how fast everything wents bad!

Yeah I fully understand where you are coming from  they are trying to make this ad realistic as possible but with kids as young as 13 on this game and simulation platform you need to understand not all of them will follow the rules which is why we have Game Moderators and administrators to prevent this from constantly going on however they can’t stop everyone and even when they do people have other means to troll on alternative accounts with VPN’s etc. I can completely see where you are comming from in regards to this and have addressed it. The reason people go into the simulation servers rather than arcade is probably because of the player count. I garuntee you if truckersmp staff closed all servers apart from arcade for a week and claimed “maintenance” they would have arcade be much more popular. This would then allow other players to roleplay realistically in the simulation servers. 

In relation to your claim of rules the game has rules, very strict ones but if truckers don’t record and report the game moderation team can’t take action on these people unless they personally see them, and I highly doubt they’ll do that type of experiment but good getting them to do that. I just feel a lot of adults may not see the reason behind them removing rules and assume they are actually lifting them for good. As much as it would be an ideal prank for April fools day it would only backfire on the teams in TMP if they did it for a week causing significant loss of players due to having, ghosting, crashing smashing, trailer copping with cars, trash talking and much much more. 

1. Maybe kids dont ever follow rules but still these rules exist to prefent these following them from doing harm

2. I bet there is a too low number of gamemods to really secure the whole server from all the trolls ... I know how hard it is too keep these numbers at bay + finding decent staff but its a thing that more staff means more security ...

3. You let it look like everyone who gets banned is a geek that can easily get a new account via illegal methods but my guess is that only 1/4 of these really know anything about these messures ...

4. Maybe the arcade servers would be more popular but I doubt it very hard ... because most people only want to speed and to give up all rules just for speeding ... I guess even them wont do it ... and the otherside the trolls ... why should they leave there home they are used to troll? 

My bet is that maximum of 500 players would play on the arcade server and thats already a very big number ...

5. I doubt that this test would get people and fans to leave the game or hate the TMP team ... if its communicated openly with a reason and a strict date and directly After it everything is back to normal ... I guess many people would be as interested in seeing what happens as me.

2 hours ago, MadCowTransport said:

Well for one thing..... this game has a much more realistic driving model than any NFS game lmao 

Your very much right indeed, however I believe it’s the factor of being able to use the wheel and people wanting to do fast hauls to their destinations as part of competitive aspects in their trucking VTC. This will then probably be the reason most of us see some of the stupid driving acts but also I believe as mentioned previously it’ll be because they feel arcade servers aren’t popular enough however TMP do have a good reason to keep the other servers limited.

According to the discussion that followed the introduction of the "road to simulation" changes, quite a few players specifically demanded collisions to be enabled on the arcade servers.
Their idea of "having fun" exposed their true reckless intention: to cause mayhem.

I can only guess why they play TruckersMP - likely because it thrills them to break the rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool topic, kids and adults playing crazy is extremely tiring. The fact of being a truck simulator is that many do not know how a truck should behave and how to drive, some feel that a truck is the same as driving a passenger car and end up harming anyone who has a clue how to drive. Drive a truck. For many of them, it is normal for a 25 tonne or more trailer to spin more than 100 km / h or down a mountain without worrying about anything, in a trucker's real life there is no stability and brake regulator, but responsibility. ! And unfortunately, we will have to live with these race drivers who have never become drivers.  Else, the truckermp should do something about speeding, something like notifying you to go out of headlights at night, that system would end up with trolling messes. would be possible something like

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived