Why do people play ETS 2 instead of Need for Speed?

[GER]Bloodyryss

I do admit on highways/motorways, I do go up to the 110kmh limit, and on some country roads I maybe go over the limit a little bit, but only ever if it is safe to do so with absolutely no one around me. 

I hate it when people are doing 110kmh on busy roads, for example CD road, you always see people overtaking you at high speeds, even when there is trucks coming towards them! 

Its just ridiculous, if I ever see it happening, I always clip a video of it if there is a crash. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always speed but I do stop at traffic lights if people are there and I don't drive like a butt hole. And I'll wait the 2 or even 10 minutes in a traffic jam and not pass on the C-D road when there are 20 + players or when I know I won't have enough time to speed up and get over. I hate people on the C-D that pass then notice they don't have enough time, so then they have to cut you off in the right side of the road. I had a gaming pc ever since June so I would more than happily record someone and make a report. On my laptop that didn't even have a GPU it will lag like crazy. On my gaming pc doesn't lag that much.

ets2 is more of a sim game and need for speed is a racing game. We don't treat ets2 as a racing game. Keep in mind others may do. But, it's all about simulation and the game play where as, you're not really doing much on needs for speed because I used to play that game. Their is not many options you can do other than ramming into people and just racing. 

Stay happy and safe

• 2 weeks later...

Many people are ignorant and have no respect for other drivers, just stop and watch in high traffic locations, if in a SIMULATION game and so, imagine these same driver in real life driving.

76561197973552124_v1.png.870d5d35795c06de06303b32524bd445.png

Language - Portuguese ??   |  English ??   

- - - Gamer Since 2005 - - - Cσρуяιgнт © 2021™ - All Rights Reserved

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Øяіgіиαℓ ® -Fallcon ; Øfdream ; Plaxxy™
█║▌│║▌║▌│█│▌║│█║█║│▌║│█║▌
 ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

On 10/29/2019 at 6:28 PM, -Fallcon said:

Many people are ignorant and have no respect for other drivers, just stop and watch in high traffic locations, if in a SIMULATION game and so, imagine these same driver in real life driving.

Caught in IRL would go to prison. Would be funny to see crashes from speeding resulting in being banned from game.

On 10/6/2019 at 12:38 AM, Bloodyryss said:

.. there are so many people that cant wait 2 minutes in a traffic jam and try EVERYTHING to get out including ramming, driving on the sidewalk or even driving into the opposite lane ...

I think that helps only consistent reporting.

What i dont get is that virtually everyone on the forum says 'i dont speed, i respect the rules, i drive like a sim ' etc etc. This is all great and how it should be but out on the road its clear that forum users are the minority out there. 3000 people online and maybe 100 forum users. 

Shame forum users cant get a server of our own where to play you need so many forum posts or rep or something. Saying that  it would be very quiet server :(

2 hours ago, andy Suter said:

What i dont get is that virtually everyone on the forum says 'i dont speed, i respect the rules, i drive like a sim ' etc etc. This is all great and how it should be but out on the road its clear that forum users are the minority out there. 3000 people online and maybe 100 forum users. 

Shame forum users cant get a server of our own where to play you need so many forum posts or rep or something. Saying that  it would be very quiet server :(

Maybe we community will find other ways to improve experience for everyone. After all if there would be no speed limits and Game moderators,  server would be free for all. Saying that

I think community as a whole will find further improvements to direct rule breakers away from trucker MP community.

Ok, I have some objections on this topic....

1. Would it not be better to educate rather than victimize people?

2. Wouldn't it be more sensible to explain to them why their actions are an issue and how it affects people rather than victimize them.

3. Would it not be more beneficial and more use of a topic to explain the consequences of their actions.

These are my points I would like to make because I do not like to see topics victimizing anyone when educating them seems the more logical option :)

11 hours ago, Midnight Trucker said:

2. Wouldn't it be more sensible to explain to them why their actions are an issue and how it affects people rather than victimize them.

3. Would it not be more beneficial and more use of a topic to explain the consequences of their actions.

These are my points I would like to make because I do not like to see topics victimizing anyone when educating them seems the more logical option :)

Can yiu clarify who you think are being victimised?

of course...

Those people you say are using the simulator as need for speed, would it not be better to explain to them what they are doing isn't good and how it affects other players.You made a topic which is going to get people talking about bad drivers and in my opinion, going to cause this topic to be a negative one which attacks drivers. In addition, it also leave the topic open for post farming.

This is just my opinion. :)

6 hours ago, Midnight Trucker said:

of course...

Those people you say are using the simulator as need for speed, would it not be better to explain to them what they are doing isn't good and how it affects other players.You made a topic which is going to get people talking about bad drivers and in my opinion, going to cause this topic to be a negative one which attacks drivers. In addition, it also leave the topic open for post farming.

This is just my opinion. :)

Frustrating, and yes in an ideal world this is how I would want to do it. However these forums are a bit of an echo chamber, the people who do go full need for speed probably aren't engaged in these forums. It takes a lot of energy to educate en mass and this is the internet, anyone other than ourselves is wrong and we don't listen! I do wish there was a stricter implementation of the rules though, nip it all in the bud and stop repeat offenders. How many actually report when this happens?

^^ And it doesn't work. Period. So many times, when the 150 Km/h speed limit was set, later when the 110 Km/h limit was set, some of us got tired trying to explain that the game is a simulator, that 110 Km/h is still fast according to EU traffic regulations, that there are other players in the servers that deserve to be respected, that there are arcade servers where anyone can go as fast as they want, etc. The answers: It's boring. It's slow. It's just a game. I will leave. And my favorite: "The community wants to drive fast". When there's so many people who don't give a **** about simulation, trying to "educate" them is pointless, they'll keep doing their thing. It's easy to see it right now. I'd say that over 95% of the players in the Simulation 1 server only go "pedal to the metal". And it's even better than before, because "pedal to the metal" when the limit was 150 Km/h meant that many of them will end up crashing lots of times, now they can just go 110 Km/h everywhere and have no problems when turning. But it's got nothing to do with "simulation". A truck driving at 110 Km/h on a single lane per way road with a nominal speed limit of 60 Km/h? That's a loss of the driving license IRL and possibly even jail.

If it were up to me, I'd force the stability settings in Simulation 1 to be 20% of the maximum (default) values. Those who are now going pedal to the metal would have to learn to slow down on most non-highway roads, to slow down on most turns, etc. After more than 5 years using TMP, I've come to the conclusion that most people only learn by force. They learnt to go slower with speed limits, they'd learn to slow down with lowered stability settings, they learn to respect others by bans (and this is only "hopefully"), and so on.

27 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^ And it doesn't work. Period. So many times, when the 150 Km/h speed limit was set, later when the 110 Km/h limit was set, some of us got tired trying to explain that the game is a simulator, that 110 Km/h is still fast according to EU traffic regulations, that there are other players in the servers that deserve to be respected, that there are arcade servers where anyone can go as fast as they want, etc. The answers: It's boring. It's slow. It's just a game. I will leave. And my favorite: "The community wants to drive fast". When there's so many people who don't give a **** about simulation, trying to "educate" them is pointless, they'll keep doing their thing. It's easy to see it right now. I'd say that over 95% of the players in the Simulation 1 server only go "pedal to the metal". And it's even better than before, because "pedal to the metal" when the limit was 150 Km/h meant that many of them will end up crashing lots of times, now they can just go 110 Km/h everywhere and have no problems when turning. But it's got nothing to do with "simulation". A truck driving at 110 Km/h on a single lane per way road with a nominal speed limit of 60 Km/h? That's a loss of the driving license IRL and possibly even jail.

If it were up to me, I'd force the stability settings in Simulation 1 to be 20% of the maximum (default) values. Those who are now going pedal to the metal would have to learn to slow down on most non-highway roads, to slow down on most turns, etc. After more than 5 years using TMP, I've come to the conclusion that most people only learn by force. They learnt to go slower with speed limits, they'd learn to slow down with lowered stability settings, they learn to respect others by bans (and this is only "hopefully"), and so on.

This to me sounds like a viable solution, but something so simple must have been thought of before and there must be a reason why it's not implemented. I believe it's less about it being a truck game, but a large open world multiplayer driving game. Set stability to maximum and boom, it's basically like a car.

I don't think there's a way to shape, mould or convince the people who don't want drive properly to suddenly "fall in line", they are in it for different reasons. It's a popular genre for the same reason farming simulator exists, it's relaxing, there's no win/lose, nobody is shooting at you, there's no time pressure. It allows you to unwind. Unfortunately I think a lot of people have been driven away from the MP servers over the years because of these people, what the two different groups want is fundamentally incompatible. Nothing like driving along at 80km/h on a single lane road, then have someone race up behind you at 110km/h to put your blood pressure up. Force the trailers to be unstable and increase the strictness of the rules, it becomes less like the game they want to play and they will go elsewhere, or perhaps realise that "going slow" has it's merits.

4 hours ago, Muckduck said:

Frustrating, and yes in an ideal world this is how I would want to do it. However these forums are a bit of an echo chamber, the people who do go full need for speed probably aren't engaged in these forums. It takes a lot of energy to educate en mass and this is the internet, anyone other than ourselves is wrong and we don't listen! I do wish there was a stricter implementation of the rules though, nip it all in the bud and stop repeat offenders. How many actually report when this happens?

You have a valid point there my friend :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just found the perfect sentence to WHY there are enforced RULES on the simulation servers and its pretty simple ...

Why is there an enforced "turn on your light" - kick in the evening times? Because no one but trolls/idiots would drive without light because its just unrealistic and stupid ... so they created the enforce kick to rule it out of the game ...

The same goes for the enforced speedlimits like 60, 90, 110 km/h because its just stupid and a troll thing to drive faster ... its just no simulation suitable speed-limit cause its not realistic ... so they created the enforced speed-limits to rule that also out of the game ...

There you have your reason for why there is an enforced  Speed-Limit ...

If you want to do arcade driving and play need for speed ... noone stops you from playing arcade!

On 11/1/2019 at 2:48 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Honestly I'd love that.  If TMP lowered the physics stability, so many of these speeders that can't drive would end up wrecking and would be banned pretty quickly.,

On 10/31/2019 at 2:46 PM, Midnight Trucker said:

1. All users are required to read the TMP rules before playing the game. If some kid doesn't want to read the rules, what makes you think they'll listen to someone telling them that they're wrong?

2. No one is victimizing these kids by enforcing rules that they have to follow, nor are they being victimized by forum users complaining about their speeding (especially when there's constant posts from speeders trying to play the victim card).

3. I don't need to explain the consequence of their actions to them because they will learn what the consequence is the moment they get banned from my report. 

If they think they're on NFS it's still not too bad, as long as they respect other users who want to play more based on simulation. I believe that many who come from GTA want to play in the same style, and many also forget or do not even read the rules and are surprised with bans. As a matter of curiosity, almost all of my banned, in high percentage, all have a game in common, GTA on steam list, of course there are rare exceptions. :)

19 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

Honestly I'd love that.  If TMP lowered the physics stability, so many of these speeders that can't drive would end up wrecking and would be banned pretty quickly.,

1. All users are required to read the TMP rules before playing the game. If some kid doesn't want to read the rules, what makes you think they'll listen to someone telling them that they're wrong?

2. No one is victimizing these kids by enforcing rules that they have to follow, nor are they being victimized by forum users complaining about their speeding (especially when there's constant posts from speeders trying to play the victim card).

3. I don't need to explain the consequence of their actions to them because they will learn what the consequence is the moment they get banned from my report. 

Totally support your opinion ...

1. it would be great if they would make it more realistic in driving at all ... but I guess they are limited in the tools to do so ...

2. Yeah thats what im trying to tell people in my topic ... im not victimizing anyone ... I even said I want to hear the other side ... the thing is all the arguments from those "speeders" are really bad ... I mean if you say you are getting "bored" by driving 110 km/h with a truck on a simulation server with European laws ... then I have nothing to say ... because thats A: no argument and B: there are arcade servers you can speed as much as you want and noone will be harmed ...

If boredem is your only excuse to speed then Im sorry to break it to you but ... then a TRUCKER SIMULATION game ... is maybe just not your game ...

EDIT: Ok ... the Speed-Limit is for sure NOT 90 km/h BUT 110 km/h ... just tested it on the promod server ... the Server tells 90 but its really 110 ... people only get regulated by World of Trucks deliveries but not by the server! ... Thats rediculous!

@[GA] Mago Luther 1. A little advice: Check your Browser Translation ... you are translating quotes into your language and thats not allowed (an Mod said that earlier ^^).

2. The thing is the thought "(regardless of how high it is) can be refused if the reckless player does not cause any kind of accident" is wrong ... because simulation is about driving as accurate to the Rules (in this term the European law of Traffic / the law of each country) and the realistic aspect of how you would do it in Real-Life and no trucker would drive 100 km/h or higher ^^ ... I have nothing against people driving 90-95 km/h but everything above is just reckless driving either with a accident or not ..

I just had the perfect and slightly satisfying meeting with a speeder ... the limit was at 48 (england) and he drove just the maximum he could (60 km/h) ... well I were on the left side ... he tried to overtake me right and just crashed right inside a "maximum height" sign ... I have to say I had to smile a bit after that. :P

EDIT: Looks like the advice came to late :'D

Archived