Why do people play ETS 2 instead of Need for Speed?

[GER]Bloodyryss

1 hour ago, [GA] Mago Luther said:

I understand your point, but what I meant is that a complaint by someone who is above speed (regardless of how high it is) can be refused if the reckless player does not cause any kind of accident, yet is above of speed makes a little sense of the simulation itself.

But I agree with your train of thought!

The ideal is to have respect for traffic signs and respect the rules of TruckersMP, following both of the accidents are avoided and so more people can enjoy a beautiful trip without problems.

Prudent driving within the game takes effect outside of it too, I speak from experience. hahaha

Not to forget, that if you get crashed by one of these "reckless" drivers ... you lose lots of money (25% dmg costs me ca. 40.000 $) and even that "little" bit of money means im going bankrupt!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bloodyryss said:

Não se esqueça, que se você for atropelado por um desses motoristas "imprudentes" ... você perde muito dinheiro (25% dmg me custa cerca de 40.000 $) e até esse "pouco" dinheiro significa que estou indo à falência!

It's really bad hahaha

Sometimes it may even make you want to retaliate, but the most correct is to report

9165.jpg?_1617464260

On 10/11/2019 at 9:10 PM, Bloodyryss said:

Not to forget, that if you get crashed by one of these "reckless" drivers ... you lose lots of money (25% dmg costs me ca. 40.000 $) and even that "little" bit of money means im going bankrupt!

I believe you can do /fix if you have a trailer to fix your truck free of charge, however, I only usually do this if one of those drivers crash into me. I don't understand the enjoyment of driving around in the best Scania truck at 300 MPH on a simulator game, however, this game will always have people like that and there really isn't much that can be done about it unless the server caps truck speeds.

On 10/13/2019 at 1:38 PM, Conwell_ said:

I believe you can do /fix if you have a trailer to fix your truck free of charge, however, I only usually do this if one of those drivers crash into me. I don't understand the enjoyment of driving around in the best Scania truck at 300 MPH on a simulator game, however, this game will always have people like that and there really isn't much that can be done about it unless the server caps truck speeds.

Worked. :)

Thank you Mate.

11 minutes ago, realasmo said:

I have perfect solution to your crying, wait for it.....

====================> request from devs to introduce new speed limit: 60KM/H ???

Not a bad idea. Thank you, i will take that on further. 

But OT: i think one of the reasons is that people just arent that much into simulation. Now we have arcade for that but people just dont really care. They wanna drive where all the people are no matter if some people dont like it. And people just wanna drive fast. I dont know why tho. If you sit down playing trucking for lets say 3 hours. Why does it matter if you end up doing 5 jobs instead of 6 or 7 jobs, because you drive 90 instead of 110? People say it gets boring driving 90. But is 20km/h really that big a difference? Im am not sure i get it. Either way i mostly drive 90km/h because i usually do WoT jobs . 

2 minutes ago, MrSirViking said:

Not a bad idea. Thank you, i will take that on further. 

But OT: i think one of the reasons is that people just arent that much into simulation. Now we have arcade for that but people just dont really care. They wanna drive where all the people are no matter if some people dont like it. And people just wanna drive fast. I dont know why tho. If you sit down playing trucking for lets say 3 hours. Why does it matter if you end up doing 5 jobs instead of 6 or 7 jobs, because you drive 90 instead of 110? People say it gets boring driving 90. But is 20km/h really that big a difference? Im am not sure i get it. Either way i mostly drive 90km/h because i usually do WoT jobs . 

First you enforce 110KM/H limit server instead of leaving 150KM/H limit server and creating second one for players 100% dedicated to simulation, then you are wondering WHY the hell some players are speeding?

Oh, wow, hold my beer, ROFL.

2 hours ago, realasmo said:

First you enforce 110KM/H limit server instead of leaving 150KM/H limit server and creating second one for players 100% dedicated to simulation, then you are wondering WHY the hell some players are speeding?

Oh, wow, hold my beer, ROFL.

Well the speedlimit is a nice little thing to bring trolls like someone in this Thread to think about going onto Arcade Servers, leave the game or FORCE them to atleast not troll as hard as they do normally. :)

BECAUSE in a Simulation NO truck would EVER even drive 110 km/h its unrealistic and stupid!
The speed Cap for ALL Trucks should be at Maximum 100 km/h!

THAT would stop trolling AND bring the Simulation Server to a SIMULATION level!

17 minutes ago, Bloodyryss said:

Well the speedlimit is a nice little thing to bring trolls like someone in this Thread to think about going onto Arcade Servers, leave the game or FORCE them to atleast not troll as hard as they do normally. :)

BECAUSE in a Simulation NO truck would EVER even drive 110 km/h its unrealistic and stupid!

You're missing the point, realism lovers and speed lovers were on same server, then instead of creating new server with 110KM/H limit for realism lovers you forced the speed lovers to play with realism lovers.

And this is because folks like you (realism lovers), including the staff - realize that creating separate server with 110KM/H limit would not be populated enough and feel empty (guess why? because most of the players doesn't agree with that limit, right!) so instead you forced players who doesn't like the speed limit to play on  110KM/H and then you made "arcade" server which you knew wont be popular because of no collisions.

It really takes a lot of effort from you guys to pretend not to see this, and seeing this thread with "oh my!!! why the hell a LOT of players drive with MAX speed?!?!?!?! whyyyyyyy!!!!, doesn't make sense!!!" - I'm sorry but this is plain stupid :D and you indirectly named me troll, well, I'm not, I play single player while waiting for normal community which is Infinite Truckers which will be launched in December, till then, i prefer to play singleplayer than on TMP ;) no need to troll for me, rofl. Ok can I have my beer back?

13 minutes ago, realasmo said:

You're missing the point, realism lovers and speed lovers were on same server, then instead of creating new server with 110KM/H limit for realism lovers you forced the speed lovers to play with realism lovers.

And this is because folks like you (realism lovers), including the staff - realize that creating separate server with 110KM/H limit would not be populated enough and feel empty (guess why? because most of the players doesn't agree with that limit, right!) so instead you forced players who doesn't like the speed limit to play on  110KM/H and then you made "arcade" server which you knew wont be popular because of no collisions.

It really takes a lot of effort from you guys to pretend not to see this, and seeing this thread with "oh my!!! why the hell a LOT of players drive with MAX speed?!?!?!?! whyyyyyyy!!!!, doesn't make sense!!!" - I'm sorry but this is plain stupid :D and you indirectly named me troll, well, I'm not, I play single player while waiting for normal community which is Infinite Truckers which will be launched in December, till then, i prefer to play singleplayer than on TMP ;) no need to troll for me, rofl. Ok can I have my beer back?

Ok I guess you dont really know what you are sayin ...

1. The Speedlimit was enforced on the SIMULATION Servers because it should be REALISTIC and like said before 110 km/h is even for a SPEED Lover TRUCK DRIVER too much! No Real Truck driver would EVER go above 100 km/h with cargo because its just too dangerous and the 10 km/h doesnt change much! So these "Speedlovers" like you call them are just "trolls" that don't care about anything in this game ... because a actual SPEED LOVER would be gladly fine with 100 km/h or 110 km/h because that is already 20-30 km/h over the actual legal limit of a Truck with cargo!

2. Ohhh sorry ... maybe I AM stupid ... I thought they changed the Speed limits to MAKE servers for realism lovers and in the same step they MADE ARCADE SERVERS for those "Speedlovers" and Realism Lovers that actually LIKE trol ... ah sry I mean "Speedlovers" to drive together ... ah sorry I guess im stupid ?‍♂️

Just see the truth everything above 110 km/h has nothing to do with actual Truck driving! ?‍♂️

Fairly simple: you can't run NFS with a 2008 Acer/Toshiba when you're able to only run ETS2 with 40 FPS on the lowest settings. But seriously now, jokes aside, the reason we have so many reckless drivers and children is due to the popularity of ETS2. One kid watches a "funny awesome" video, talks to a buddy of his at school, they get more friends in on it, they play together and don't acknowledge the existence of the rules. 

It's not a problem of TMP, it's a problem of ETS2's growing popularity, and the popular "idiot drivers" videos, which entertain kids and bring more of them here. It's simply a matter of PR. 

44 minutes ago, Bloodyryss said:

As far as the speed limit, I used to praise TMP for its implementation due to the ridiculous amount of reckless drivers, but now we know that it doesn't stop them from ramming anyone on sight, at low speed or high speed, they'll still manage to cause some damage. The speed limit does not work. Always remember that the bad guys break the rules, the rules do not affect them, the rules only affect the good guys. I agree with the "simulation" part, but the speed limit is pure bullcrap, even though I personally abide by traffic rules both in game and in real life. Point is: the speed limit does not stop the trolling, the ugly ramming and stupid kids from repeating their offenses. 

Want a better solution? Have the reckless drivers banned from all servers but one, which is Arcade, a server-wide ban feature is needed here, otherwise nothing will change. Can't be a reckless driver in Arcade, because the traffic rules are non-existent.

1 minute ago, xenophobia said:

Fairly simple: you can't run NFS with a 2008 Acer/Toshiba when you're able to only run ETS2 with 40 FPS on the lowest settings. But seriously now, jokes aside, the reason we have so many reckless drivers and children is due to the popularity of ETS2. One kid watches a "funny awesome" video, talks to a buddy of his at school, they get more friends in on it, they play together and don't acknowledge the existence of the rules. 

It's not a problem of TMP, it's a problem of ETS2's growing popularity, and the popular "idiot drivers" videos, which entertain kids and bring more of them here. It's simply a matter of PR. 

As far as the speed limit, I used to praise TMP for its implementation due to the ridiculous amount of reckless drivers, but now we know that it doesn't stop them from ramming anyone on sight, at low speed or high speed, they'll still manage to cause some damage. The speed limit does not work. Always remember that the bad guys break the rules, the rules do not affect them, the rules only affect the good guys. I agree with the "simulation" part, but the speed limit is pure bullcrap, even though I personally abide by traffic rules both in game and in real life. Point is: the speed limit does not stop the trolling, the ugly ramming and stupid kids from repeating their offenses. 

Want a better solution? Have the reckless drivers banned from all servers but one, which is Arcade, a server-wide ban feature is needed here, otherwise nothing will change. Can't be a reckless driver in Arcade, because the traffic rules are non-existent.

The Speedlimit isnt "Bullcrap" because there arent only "Rammers" or "Blockers" or "Screamers" ... sure there are trolls that do everything to kill the joy in the game but these people get banned pretty fast ... the one thing this "Speedlover" above said right is ... that there are people who arent trying to destroy the experience for others but only wanna Speed without thinking about others ... either because they just want to finish contracts as fast as possible or they just like Speeding BUT the speedlimit indeed stopped those people and I bet it also drove some of the trolls away ... even if its only a low number of trolls ...

For the banning ... yea I think the Ban system needs an overhaul ... the main problem is the "Timeout" in the In-Game report system ... what the mods and devs dont understand is, that not everybody has an computer to record stuff or want to waste their time with all the setup and the management to get recording ready ... sure video evidence is crucial BUT you forget that you are also punish the "good" people that try to get a troll banned ...

The thing I would change is ... that I would not let those in-game reports time out and that I would also accept reports without video evidence ... Why? You ask? ... Because I would make a database which gathers ALL reports ... it could sort out multiple reports by one person on one person in with a timestamp of 1 hour or so ... then the mods can see who was reported the most and can get on the case ...

Yeah I know ... I dont know how "hard" the task is to build such a database/system BUT I think its much more helpfull and easier for everybody (because Mods can get to the most trollers first and ban them faster then waiting for a video evidence or 3) and for the player so not everybody has to record the case ... the video evidence can still be a thing but it isnt a must have!

Thats my idea about all that.

Best wishes Bloody

1 hour ago, Chris [PL] said:

@ [GA] Mago Luther

Lembre-se de quando você citar algo, cite-o no idioma em que foi escrito (inglês). 

Caso contrário, da próxima vez, seus comentários serão ocultados. 

Obrigado,

Chris [PL] TruckersMP Moderador da comunidade

Sorry, this failure will not be repeated. Thanks for the correction!

9165.jpg?_1617464260

Seem like the most obvious is answer is I wanna do my task as fast as possible. Mix in human competition and when person doesn't have restraints or is

arrogant gamer person (with arrogance I mean it as driving past everyone  on opposite shoulder lane else in traffic jam for example) where he puts his own well being before all others we get those types.

Also probably definition of fun. For some people pedal to the metal and pushing the limits is really fun. That is probably just part of the picture, I would love to hear more from someone who likes to speed/

overtake everywhere, race off ramps and so on.

Also not to forget one thing you are not only stricted by the traffic signs! If the traffic rules say you can drive 97 km/h (the max I think) ... your trailer is still only allowed for 80 km/h ... so if the police gets reactivated (which I really hope) ... they maybe cant get you for the 3 km/h you are driving to fast within the sign law but for the 20 km/h you are driving to fast within your Trailer allowance!

19 hours ago, Bloodyryss said:

Also not to forget one thing you are not only stricted by the traffic signs! If the traffic rules say you can drive 97 km/h (the max I think) ... your trailer is still only allowed for 80 km/h ... so if the police gets reactivated (which I really hope) ... they maybe cant get you for the 3 km/h you are driving to fast within the sign law but for the 20 km/h you are driving to fast within your Trailer allowance!

It doesn't matter if your trailer has 70/kmh or 80km/h sticker in the back, trailer speed limitations are not implemented in the game, it's up to you to follow them, you can't get ticket.

And you can still get tickets for speeding from speed cameras, and if you run some red lights (in ATS there are some invisible stationary cop cars), unless you turn off  traffic offences.

47 minutes ago, Granite said:

It doesn't matter if your trailer has 70/kmh or 80km/h sticker in the back, trailer speed limitations are not implemented in the game, it's up to you to follow them, you can't get ticket.

And you can still get tickets for speeding from speed cameras, and if you run some red lights (in ATS there are some invisible stationary cop cars), unless you turn off  traffic offences.

I know that ... thats why I said police implemented and like the traffic that isnt there ... if you like Simulation you should still follow these rules.

Archived