Why do people play ETS 2 instead of Need for Speed?

[GER]Bloodyryss

Hey guys,

the question in the Title is a serious question in my opinion ... I mean I'm Ok with people driving 90 when 80 is allowed and get a ticket for it or that some Trucks without trailers are speeding because they have no freight and so they are more manuverable and faster BUT I don't get it why there are so many people on the SIMULATION Servers that don't give a thing about ANY rule in the game ...

... there are so many people that cant wait 2 minutes in a traffic jam and try EVERYTHING to get out including ramming, driving on the sidewalk or even driving into the opposite lane ... there are so many people that are speeding like 20+ km/h over the speed limit ... nearly no one cares about speed limits under 90 km/h and even take exits with a sharp turn and only 1 lane with a trailer at there back with 70-80 km/h ... Which NO real trucker EVER would do!!! ... there are many people who give a thing about traffic lights either ... and the list goes on and on and on ...

Why do you even bother playing a TRUCKER SIMULATION GAME if you just want to play NEED FOR SPEED in it ... I mean if it would be a Car Simulation with Sport Cars okay ... but with TRUCKS REALLY?! ... I don't get you people ...

What do you people think? And especially the guys that are doing exactly as I wrote here ...

Sincerely Bloody

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, [L-LATAM](23) Mystere said:

I think those people are little boys, who don't know the traffic laws and take the game as a race, instead of a simulator.

However, there are also people who do respect and play correctly.

I thought so too but after seeing more people doing that then playing normal ... I doubt they are just "some little Boys" sadly ...

Also I never said there are no people who drive correctly and I have nothing against people that are driving over the speed limit (I know the business, but not +20 over it) ... I just said that its very sad that there are out of 4.000 players online ca. 500 - 1.000 that dont follow ANY rules ... I dont know if thats a correct number but it feels like that many ...

Not a good idea to use foul language on the forums, found two instances of it in your main post. You may want to correct that before TMP staff see it.

Hello, some people take Euro Truck seriously as they try to drive so that it doesn't get in the way of other players because people of this type should already have some maturity driving both in a game and in real life. Others want to ruin the game, people of this type do not obey the rules of the game and this ends up becoming chaos within the game due to so many people doing trollings with others wanting to take the game seriously.

Most like to respect the rules of the game.

8 hours ago, Bloodyryss said:

Also I never said there are no people who drive correctly and I have nothing against people that are driving over the speed limit (I know the business, but not +20 over it) ... I just said that its very sad that there are out of 4.000 players online ca. 500 - 1.000 dont follow ANY rules ... I dont know if thats a correct number but it feels like that many ...

I'd go that far to say that the players who play with a "realistic"/"simulator"/"roleplay" approach are probably the minority among the playerbase.

Being one of them, I really appreciate the "Road to Simulation" approach which TruckersMP is taking lately. But maybe they even need to be even stricter to bring some change in the mindset of the players... don't know...

As for me, I know where the hotspots are in which the most "NFS"-players drive around, and I just try to avoid them most of the time.

@Bloodyryss , Well actually I think it is because of the Multiplayer. Just imagine being a dude like them, they wouldn't appreciate driving in the SinglePlayer because it would be boring. 
So they head over to the Multiplayer. Sometimes I don't really know either why people like them are playing EuroTruckSIMULATOR. Most of these guys are little kids that have never heard of road rules.

If you see guys driving like that just report them here: https://truckersmp.com/reports

A lot of people keep saying that "Kids destroy the pleasure of driving by their follies or rash decisions/reckless driving". Well, it's true that this type of drivers are really annoying but not always that's kids, sometimes they're adults. Anyways, we need to have in mind that everyone prefer something different. Of course, people should respect rules, other players, (at least) act normal and there's no explanation for "I didn't know the rules" but what we can do? We can try to give them good example, instruct them that they're doing the wrong thing or TruckersMP Team can punish them with kick/ban (maybe it'll make them think :thinking:). Or we can just hope that they'll change their behaviour. :lol:

However, remember that we shouldn't judge or blame, for example, person who's 15 years old because "other people at his age doing this", really. People ale different and not everyone are that same, it's normal. Someone would like to do bad things while driving where somebody else would prefer to drive with rules and have fun (yes, it's possible :P). 

I think that everyone need to chill a bit and when they can see players who act bad or break rules just report them (but don't try to do this same to them because it could be you who will be banned, not this bad person!). It's quite easy. ^^ 

Acrade server is open for people, who love fast driving and flying trucks. :D 

Also I think  around teenage years it is close to the legal driving age so some teens might want to practice driving in a 'simulator' because there is no pc game like ets2 with motorways countries, speed limit, fines  etc  but then they get board or they see someone else doing something and they repeat it. then switch over to racing/troll in ets2 because the map is so big.  Tween & teens if you want to simulate driving in RL download promods or wait until tmp update  which will include promods. I wish there was something like this in my day and age,  I could never find anything.   but please stop trolling it gets tired some and stop painting your car blue pretending to be a police car with a yellow flashing light  most of us can tell by your username or profile pic which is usually a police car  or 'enforcer' or 999 sheriff, patrol as the username and the only reason most of us know is because we did the same thing. I dont know how many kids & teens dremt of becoming an cop when they are older.   I think alot of us forget we were teenagers  also :)   

• Community Manager

Let's not blame all of the trolling on the kids shall we ? Lots of adults do this as well. Just as a lot of adults say "I do not have much time to play this game so I want to drive fast".

I do not get the why people are trolling on this game, if you are not into Truck simulation why buy this game at all ?‍♂️

And for the people who want to drive fast, bend the rules or what not please go to an arcade server

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

Some people take the game more serious then others. i try to not to pay to much attention to it. and also try to aviod the heavy area's during peak time. 

i would say: just avoid the high population area's during peak times. and keep following the rules like you already do. once someone get's to bed, just report them. that's what i tend to do and i'm not having alot of issues anymore.

signature.png

4 hours ago, Fr0zR.- [CHILE] said:

Just some people take this with no the same seriousness that the people who likes simualtors, also is about "SIM" culture. This kind of players just must to be allowed to play in arcade servers...

And thats the answer in my opinion ... people that DON'T want to play SIM or just want to try driving a car under NOT SO REAL circumstances SHOULD play on the arcade server ... I mean where is the problem for people that just wanna speed/ dont wanna care about traffic rules and just wanna have fun or test their skills WITHOUT too much much trouble and obviously dont wanna troll (because trolls dont care about people) ... to JUST play on the ARCADE servers thats what they are there for and thats why they exist? ... In my opinion everyone who does'nt want to follow the rules on a SIM server is rightfully to be punished HARD ... It may sounds hard but like said: "The SIM servers are for people who want to play serious with other people who want to play serious" ... all others even if its just for a day ... can play on the arcade servers and do what ever they like to do!

2 minutes ago, [ST-E] mrhijden said:

Some people take the game more serious then others. i try to not to pay to much attention to it. and also try to aviod the heavy area's during peak time. 

i would say: just avoid the high population area's during peak times. and keep following the rules like you already do. once someone get's to bed, just report them. that's what i tend to do and i'm not having alot of issues anymore.

And thats the WRONG Direction to go ... because multiplayer is obvious for multiple players ... if you dont want to play with other people you can also just play SP without KI's ... the MP Mod IS about having fun together not driving alone trying to avoid people as much as possible ... real Truckers should'nt try to avoid other truckers but "Fun"-Players should dodge to Arcade servers!

Just now, Bloodyryss said:

And thats the answer in my opinion ... people that DON'T want to play SIM or just want to try driving a car under NOT SO REAL circumstances SHOULD play on the arcade server ... I mean where is the problem for people that just wanna speed/ dont wanna care about traffic rules and just wanna have fun or test their skills WITHOUT too much much trouble and obviously dont wanna troll (because trolls dont care about people) ... to JUST play on the ARCADE servers thats what they are there for and thats why they exist? ... In my opinion everyone who does'nt want to follow the rules on a SIM server is rightfully to be punished HARD ... It may sounds hard but like said: "The SIM servers are for people who want to play serious with other people who want to play serious" ... all others even if its just for a day ... can play on the arcade servers and do what ever they like to do!

And thats the WRONG Direction to go ... because multiplayer is obvious for multiple players ... if you dont want to play with other people you can also just play SP without KI's ... the MP Mod IS about having fun together not driving alone trying to avoid people as much as possible ... real Truckers should'nt try to avoid other truckers but "Fun"-Players should dodge to Arcade servers!

right. i think you misunderstood me. most of the people i see and drive with are normal and take the game a bit more serious. don't get me wrong. i LOVE driving with other people. doesn't matter if it's randoms or people i already know ( IE friends or people from my VTC) what i don't like is people who drive like a mad man and think they are in single player. whenever it's peak time. i just try to avoid the places that are known the cause trouble. more for my own sake than the sake of others to be honest.

signature.png

I am one of those rare drivers that never speeds, if a speed limit is 60kph outside a city I will be going that speed regardless, trailer or no.

I have kinda gotten used to being overtaken by everyone since I see more people speeding and jumping red lights than joining me in a safe leisurely realistic drive keeping in with the spirit of simulation.

But as all online games go there will always be those that set on about ruining fun and just being a pain in the backside for everyone trying to drive realistically. I have been rammed by such people on many occasions but they always end up banned eventually. But the issue will never end, for every one troll banned another will sign up and the vicious cycle continues. You just need to grit your teeth, make sure you record gameplay and file reports to help the game moderation team keep their numbers down.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:38 PM, Bloodyryss said:

Ei pessoal,

uma pergunta no título é uma pergunta na minha opinião ... quero dizer, eu estou bem com pessoas que dirigem 90 quando 80 é permitido e ganham uma multa ou alguns caminhões sem reinicializações estão acelerando porque não têm frete e, portanto, eles são mais fáceis de manobrar e mais rápidas, mas não entram por tantas pessoas nos servidores SIMULATION que não oferecem nada a respeito da regra QUALQUER no jogo ...

... há tantas pessoas que não podem esperar 2 minutos em um engarrafamento e tentar TUDO para sair, incluindo bater, dirigir na calçada ou até mesmo entrar na pista oposta ... há tantas pessoas que estão acelerando como 20 + km / h acima do limite de velocidade ... quase ninguém pode importar com limites de velocidade abaixo de 90 km / ele até sair com uma curva acentuada e apenas 1 pista com um trailer lá atrás com 70-80 km / h. O que NENHUM caminhoneiro de verdade jamais faria !!! ... há muitas pessoas que oferecem alguma coisa sobre também ... e a lista continua indefinidamente ...

Por que você entra em jogo um JOGO DE SIMULAÇÃO DE CAMINHÃO se você quer apenas jogar NECESSIDADE DE VELOCIDADE nele ... quero dizer, se seria uma simulação de carro com carros esportivos ok ... mas com CAMINHÕES REALMENTE?! ... eu não entendo vocês ...

O que vocês acham? E especialmente os caras que estão fazendo exatamente como eu escrevi aqui ...

Atenciosamente Sangrento

In fact there are many impatient players who play not seeing as a simulator but as any game. Not that I'm against anyone who plays like this, but it is a fact that if the server name is SIMULATOR, the people there should really simulate, those who like to run a lot or even disregard the basic traffic rules should go for it. ARCADE since most current TruckersMP rules are not valid for this mode.

9165.jpg?_1617464260

On 06/10/2019 at 10:27, [RLC] LetiFreshi said:

@ Bloodyryss  , Bem, na verdade eu acho que é por causa do Multiplayer. Imagine ser um cara como eles, eles não gostariam de dirigir no SinglePlayer porque seria chato. 
Então eles vão para o Multiplayer. Às vezes, também não sei por que pessoas como eles estão jogando no EuroTruckSIMULATOR. A maioria desses caras são crianças que nunca ouviram falar de regras de trânsito.

Se você vir caras dirigindo assim, basta denunciá-los aqui:  https://truckersmp.com/reports

I do not know the rule that requires a player to always be following the limit of the road, so reporting may have no effect because if there is no rule for it, there is no way to break the rule. Unless walking like this ends up causing accidents, then you can report not for exceeding the speed limit but for causing an accident, even knowing that the reason for the accident may actually have been speeding.

9165.jpg?_1617464260

On 10/9/2019 at 7:14 PM, BunniGal said:

I am one of those rare drivers that never speeds, if a speed limit is 60kph outside a city I will be going that speed regardless, trailer or no.

I have kinda gotten used to being overtaken by everyone since I see more people speeding and jumping red lights than joining me in a safe leisurely realistic drive keeping in with the spirit of simulation.

But as all online games go there will always be those that set on about ruining fun and just being a pain in the backside for everyone trying to drive realistically. I have been rammed by such people on many occasions but they always end up banned eventually. But the issue will never end, for every one troll banned another will sign up and the vicious cycle continues. You just need to grit your teeth, make sure you record gameplay and file reports to help the game moderation team keep their numbers down.

Thats exactly my spirit and I will roll with it!

On 10/9/2019 at 10:56 PM, [GA] Mago Luther said:

In fact there are many impatient players who play not seeing as a simulator but as any game. Not that I'm against anyone who plays like this, but it is a fact that if the server name is SIMULATOR, the people there should really simulate, those who like to run a lot or even disregard the basic traffic rules should go for it. ARCADE since most current TruckersMP rules are not valid for this mode.

And thats what Im trying to say ... guys who want to play SIM should play on SIMULATOR servers ... guys that DONT want to follow rules and just want to race should play on ARCADE servers!

On 10/9/2019 at 11:10 PM, [GA] Mago Luther said:

I do not know the rule that requires a player to always be following the limit of the road, so reporting may have no effect because if there is no rule for it, there is no way to break the rule. Unless walking like this ends up causing accidents, then you can report not for exceeding the speed limit but for causing an accident, even knowing that the reason for the accident may actually have been speeding.

I think you should report everything thats destroying YOUR or the game experience of OTHER players on PURPOSE because of DANGEROUS driving or TROLLING (also Mic trolling) and especially if the person doesnt even say sorry afterwards ... I dont report somebody who takes an illegal shortcut because I believe this guy just passed his turn and has to drive 20 Minutes longer to get back on track IF he DOESNT endanger or block ANYBODY ... thats my opinion on reporting people.

As Explanation to dangerous driving ... I dont mean someone who drives 80 instead of 70 and takes a turn to fast and crashes into someone ... thats a "normal" crash in my opinion ... I more likely mean to say "dangerous" driving is driving 30 km/h over the limit and then took a turn to fast and crashes OR a guy who drives a tight turn after a departure with 70 km/h and rams the Truck infront of him while scratching the safety objects all the time ... thats "dangerous" or "reckless" driving in my view!

2 hours ago, Bloodyryss said:

Esse é exatamente o meu espírito e eu vou rolar com ele!

E é isso que estou tentando dizer ... caras que querem jogar SIM devem jogar em servidores SIMULATOR ... caras que NÃO querem seguir regras e só querem correr devem jogar em servidores ARCADE!

Eu acho que você deve denunciar tudo o que está destruindo a SUA ou a experiência de jogo de OUTROS jogadores em FINALIDADE por causa de direção PERIGOSA ou TROLLING (também Mic trolling) e, especialmente, se a pessoa nem se arrepender depois ... Não denuncio alguém que seja ilegal atalho porque acredito que esse cara passou a sua vez e tem que dirigir 20 minutos a mais para voltar aos trilhos, se ele não põe em perigo ou bloqueia NINGUÉM ... essa é minha opinião sobre denunciar pessoas.

Como explicação para uma direção perigosa ... não me refiro a alguém que dirige 80 em vez de 70 e dá uma volta rápida e colide com alguém ... isso é um acidente "normal" na minha opinião ... provavelmente quero dizer " condução perigosa está dirigindo 30 km / h acima do limite e, em seguida, deu uma volta rápida e trava OU um cara que faz uma curva fechada após uma partida com 70 km / h e golpeia o caminhão na frente dele, enquanto arranha todos os objetos de segurança o tempo ... isso é "perigoso" ou "imprudente" dirigindo na minha opinião!

EDIT: O que mais me incomoda mais recentemente são as pessoas que simplesmente pulam os pontos de verificação sem parar com ca. 70-80 km / h ... isso é legal? Vejo muitas pessoas fazendo isso enquanto paro e pago minha taxa!

I understand your point, but what I meant is that a complaint by someone who is above speed (regardless of how high it is) can be refused if the reckless player does not cause any kind of accident, yet is above of speed makes a little sense of the simulation itself.

But I agree with your train of thought!

The ideal is to have respect for traffic signs and respect the rules of TruckersMP, following both of the accidents are avoided and so more people can enjoy a beautiful trip without problems.

Prudent driving within the game takes effect outside of it too, I speak from experience. hahaha

9165.jpg?_1617464260

Archived