speed issues when on MP

DwiinDovah38

Question

Hey guys, I have been playing ATS for a little while now, and I have noticed when I first started that my truck is so much slower than my fellow players. with a trailer I top out at 65mph and 81mph without. I know TruckersMP uses the "speed limiter" setting to keep everyone from doing dumb stuff like flying off the road at 120 and slamming into other trucks. as I drive down the road at 65 though, I notice every other trucker out there is flying past me. I feel more like a road hazard out there then one of their fellow truckers. I waited and leveled up to see if time and a better truck will help solve my issue. but here I am in some of the biggest trucks on the road, still looking like a speedbump. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or something else at play here. thanks for y'alls' time.

6 answers to this question

Hi there, @DwiinDovah38

If you are doing a World of Trucks External Contract, you will be limited to 56mph. If you're not, and you're doing a normal freight market contract, you will be limited to 68mph as per the rules within TruckersMP. It also depends on the weight that you are also pulling behind your truck, and the horsepower that your engine has within the truck. Other users on the road should be able to get around you if you're on the highway - if they can't and they ram into you intentionally to try to get you off the road, then you should make a report about it. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, please clarify further on what you wish to understand.

Regards, 

SarahMaddy

TruckersMP Member since 01 December 2018

• Upvote 1

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

Hello DwiinDovah

i also play on ATS and my Kenworth 389 only stops at 60mph as i have a double turnpike trailers therefore, you may of played on the simulation server which only stops at 68, those that are doing more than 68mph are risking themselves as speedhacks, you could be playing on as External Contract like SarahMaddy is saying, i play on ATS for so long and i know what it feels like to drive at 56mph which is dead slow and 60mph is a really good drive and smooth. if you see other people are driving double the speed limit than they will likely to get a ban, the only server they would like to do it as over 80mph is likely to be played in the arcade mode not in the simulation mode.

hope this helps and understand about the speed limits 

|| Website || ETS2 Mods || ATS Mods || RLC ||  SnowBall Media || Knowledge Base || ..:: REPORT ::..

TRUCKING , IT IN OUR DNA

LOVE TRUCKING? KEEP ON TRUCKING

RLC_Discord_Avatar-o9dhjsnf9ecgmf2wkzecuhp8gwdqe6siv46rmtzw6o.png.a1b59544b8fc365f74366d259a2c8d22.png

//\\ ELECTRICRADIO //\\

Actually, those speed limits only apply to ETS2.

ATS simulation servers have speed limits of 80Mph, or 45Mph in city zones. World of Trucks contracts are limited to 65Mph (with or without your own trailer)

Seeing that you can reach 80Mph without trailer, you don't have a speed limiter enabled in the gameplay options, so this is probably causing your problem. 

If you see someone overtaking you very fast  while doing 80Mph, they are likely cheating.

Hello There!

We are glad to hear that your question has been answered!
Don't hesitate to contact us again if you need any help in the future.

Sincerely,
[TR] SkortiL
TruckersMP Support

//locked and moved to Solved Topics 

Sincerely,

SkortiL [TR] 

Create a Support Ticket / TruckersMP Rules / Feedback / Guides / Meet the Team