How bout an ETS2 US (North American) Server?

Rhayzor

Hey there Truckers MP Developers (you know who you are ?)

What would it take to get a North American ETS2 Server going?
Many of us in North America have trouble staying connected to the EU Servers due to high Pings
It would be REALLY GREAT to have an ETS2 Server we could stay connected to
What do ya think, Great Idea Huh?

I hope you guys will consider adding a US Server - I'm SURE there are a lot of people that would really appreciate it!!

Thanks for Listening

Wouldn't be popular enough since most people in ETS2 are european. That server only had 100 players peak iirc. You just have to get used to the high ping. I'm on the east coast of the US and I get about 140-150 ping and in a game like ets2 it's not so bad to have higher ping but fps games for example it's different.

@dragonslayingmaster1000

we should get used to a high ping?  do you really mean we should get used to being kicked for having a high ping? there are a fair amount of people such as myself, who have no other option then the slow high speed internet provider we have in out town. yes the former US ETS server had a low population, but it allowed people who share a similar situation as I have to play ETS with other people. this may not matter to an some people but to people who get kicked all the time due to a high ping, there would be no point in playing MP since all we are doing after the kick is playing SP with no traffic.

I have seen people say get better internet, how ever for some people that isn't an option unless if they spend money to move, which is at most times not economical for people just so they can play ETS.

4 hours ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

@dragonslayingmaster1000

we should get used to a high ping?  do you really mean we should get used to being kicked for having a high ping? there are a fair amount of people such as myself, who have no other option then the slow high speed internet provider we have in out town. yes the former US ETS server had a low population, but it allowed people who share a similar situation as I have to play ETS with other people. this may not matter to an some people but to people who get kicked all the time due to a high ping, there would be no point in playing MP since all we are doing after the kick is playing SP with no traffic.

I have seen people say get better internet, how ever for some people that isn't an option unless if they spend money to move, which is at most times not economical for people just so they can play ETS.

Exactly!!

I live out in the boonies, so my ping on the EU Servers sits at about 150 ms, but I get lag spikes that get me kicked from the EU servers every so often
Having a North American Server would at least keep me connected
...and ETS2 has gained popularity in the US so there would probably be more people playing on it than there were in the past

Can we please try a North American ETS2 server again

On 10/1/2019 at 6:49 PM, Krashnz said:

We are currently trialling a ETS2 US server with 1,500 slots to see how popular it is. From there we’ll see if we continue to keep it online.

I'd think once the word get out that the Server is there, it will gain popularity
Thanks for listening and giving it a chance

• 2 weeks later...

Archived