Question about Doubles and HTC

Bas950

Question

10 answers to this question

I’m pretty sure no amount of save editing will force the game to allow HTC’s into the Netherlands.  When in the Netherlands and you have a HCT if you use the F7 option it’ll teleport you to Finland because of the way the game was coded, because of this it’s impossible to override it. Also HTC’s aren’t able to be stored in any other country bar Finland. 

Regarding doubles as I use a refrigerated B double trailer I can confirm that it can be used in the Netherlands and Germany.

I hope this information is helpful and beneficial during your time on TruckersMP. 

Regards

25 minutes ago, [ST-LH] The Englishman said:

I’m pretty sure no amount of save editing will force the game to allow HTC’s into the Netherlands.  When in the Netherlands and you have a HCT if you use the F7 option it’ll teleport you to Finland because of the way the game was coded, because of this it’s impossible to override it. Also HTC’s aren’t able to be stored in any other country bar Finland. 

Regarding doubles as I use a refrigerated B double trailer I can confirm that it can be used in the Netherlands and Germany.

I hope this information is helpful and beneficial during your time on TruckersMP. 

Regards

@[ST-LH] The Englishman Only way around that is with mods that change the game code, using such mods will fail because the tmp client will simply revert to default & likely crash in the process. Or it will simply play the " Game Change Detected " card & override the changes ( spawning you at your hq ) standard response from the game when it can't find the files needed to prevent itself locking up

It's possible through save editing. I'll assume you already know how to save edit. Find the trailer definition section for the trailer combination. Change country_validity: X to country_validity: 0 and remove the countries that are list below that line.

Save and then load the save ingame. You should be able to move the trailers to any garage and jobs will also work with them, even WoT jobs. However, be careful with HTC's. Not every company yard or service station can fit them and you might get damaged and/or launched into the air when spawning in areas that are not prepared for HCT trailers. To a lesser extend, the same might apply to doubles in countries that don't allow them officially. Personally, I only experienced problems with HCT's and triples (when triples were still allowed). Use this information at your own risk.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

@[ST-LH] The Englishman Only way around that is with mods that change the game code, using such mods will fail because the tmp client will simply revert to default & likely crash in the process. Or it will simply play the " Game Change Detected " card & override the changes ( spawning you at your hq ) standard response from the game when it can't find the files needed to prevent itself locking up

My reply was specifically regarding TruckersMP since it was posted on a multiplayer forum (I'm assuming people who want support regarding single player would normally go Here unless they want to use something on SP & MP) I'm not surprised at all that there's a mod that can do what the OP wanted.

2 hours ago, Haulvoc said:

It's possible through save editing. I'll assume you already know how to save edit. Find the trailer definition section for the trailer combination. Change country_validity: X to country_validity: 0 and remove the countries that are list below that line.

Save and then load the save ingame. You should be able to move the trailers to any garage and jobs will also work with them, even WoT jobs. However, be careful with HTC's. Not every company yard or service station can fit them and you might get damaged and/or launched into the air when spawning in areas that are not prepared for HCT trailers. To a lesser extend, the same might apply to doubles in countries that don't allow them officially. Personally, I only experienced problems with HCT's and triples (when triples were still allowed). Use this information at your own risk.

Thank you very much for this reply! I will see if I can get it to work :) and yes I know a bit of save editting.

3 hours ago, [ST-LH] The Englishman said:

My reply was specifically regarding TruckersMP since it was posted on a multiplayer forum (I'm assuming people who want support regarding single player would normally go Here unless they want to use something on SP & MP) I'm not surprised at all that there's a mod that can do what the OP wanted.

Oh no i meant MP, i know you can get mods that allow you to place trailers in SP but i meant if you did it would probably break the game if you then went to MP....I mean you could save edit the whole trailer over but it would probs simply crash or load a white curtainsider ( fall back model ). I think people did it in the past & it caused problems