Krone trailers appear grey; side question about Discord

denisbloodnok

Question

Recently in game I've been noticing undetailed plain grey trailers with "Buy Krone DLC" (or another short expression to that effect; I regret now I'm asking, I can't find one in-game) written on them. I don't own the Krone trailers DLC and obviously I don't expect to see the trailers in-game.

However, I don't have any cosmetic DLC at all, and I've never knowingly seen anything like this before. Until recently, I would have guessed the server does something clever where if, for example, someone has a Mighty Griffin paintjob, it tells nearby clients who don't have the DLC to display another non-DLC paintjob.

I could be a bit oblivious, but I haven't even seen a similar-looking "Buy Schwarzmüller DLC" placeholder, although those would be just as noticeable.

So I'm wondering if:

1. The server does do something clever of this kind, but it's not yet set up for Krone DLC.
  2. I am in fact oblivious and this has been going on with cosmetic DLC forever.
  3. Something else entirely?

As a side question, I asked about this on Discord and got no useful answer, perhaps because the truckersmp "general" channel was full of an interminable discussion about two teenagers' love lives. I'd be interested to know if anyone knows if the Discord's normally full of off-topic stuff or if this was just bad luck.

8 answers to this question

Hello there,

For you side question, #general channel on TruckersMP's official Discord server is usually indeed full of off-topic discussions. For questions about TruckersMP itself, you can ask them on #support channel or alternatively, you can send a private message to "TruckersMP ModMail#8846" on Discord and a member of staff will give an answer to you. So #general is for all kind of discussions while the #support channel is only for questions about TruckersMP (and in your case, you would have probably gotten an answer to your question there pretty quickly).

But should you also note that TruckersMP has got its own support system for all kind of questions about TruckersMP, and for example, questions related to email, password and two-factor authentication can be only dealt there (if you want a detailed answer from a support team member, I highly recommend sending a support ticket).

Well for your questions, i can say that if you dont own the dlc  "krone trailers" you will see them grey with the message "Buy Krone DLC"
for the Schawarzmuller dlc you will see them with the message "No texture"  or  they will be just with  "Red textures" 
if you dont own the dlc's you can't see them in your game  but for safe reasons  TMP mayde it showing like that so you will not crash in to an invisible wall 

Hello @denisbloodnok ,

You see this kind of message because it doesn't have DLC's

So you can see these accessories and custom items you need to get the DLC, from the made that you buy these textures of "Buy DLC" will disappear

Languages:  English  2000px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png  | Portuguese  2000px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png  | Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg

Rules  ||  Report a Player  ||  Appeal your Ban  ||  Create a Support Ticket  ||  Let us know your Feedback

Member since 02th June 2016

Hello there, some good answers were given above, has your problem been solved?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized. ^_^

I await your return!

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

16 minutes ago, DJFrontier said:

Hello there, some good answers were given above, has your problem been solved?

No. Assuming they're not pure guesswork or just answering a question that wasn't asked (eg one of them answers "how do I buy DLC?"), none of them address the peculiarity that although I don't have any cosmetic DLC I have never seen this sort of effect before.

I mean, it's fine if the answer is "denisbloodnok, you're just not very observant, it's always done this for missing cosmetic DLC" - but I'd like some assurance the person replying isn't just knee-jerking with what they think is most likely, that they have seen a missing DLC effect of this kind before these trailers were introduced. I think of the replies the only remotely useful one is Doxxyz's, who says there's a similar placeholder for Schwarzmüller trailers.

It might be easier to go in-game and find someone with some of the other cosmetic DLC and arrange to look them over.

Hello There!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our support team members, we will open this again.

Thanks to all for participation!

Kind Regrads 
Sabbi [GER]
TruckersMP Support

//Locked and Moved to Inactive