Will the orginal map be dead after promods

pixel_swe

Theres a few different points regarding the ProMods support. 

As said above, not everyone owns all map DLCs, so that will keep quite a large amount of players on the current server list. 

However think about it in a different way, ProMods is absolutely huge, even if the server is full (2500), it wont be anything like Sim 1 or Sim 2 where you see maybe 3-4 players on your tab menu wherever you are in the map. Maybe Iceland will see a fair few players at any one time simply due to the road conditions and scenery, but the whole promods map in general is huge so it will be busy but not busy at the same time if you know what I mean. 

I can say with high certainty that the Base SCS map will not be abandoned after ProMods gets introduced, seeing as ALL DLCS are required to even use ProMods in the first place. There still will be people playing on the base map, and some who will return for the Calais - Duisburg nostalgia, seeing as the C-D road doesn't exist in ProMods ?

I don't think normal servers will die, actually I think it will be the other way. After the innitial hype , promods server will decline in player base over time, but it will maintain some numbers, but I don't want to speculate about that.

Don't get me wrong, Promods has a lot more to offer than vanilla map, despite SCS releasing better and better quality content every year, and starting to rebuild the old map. It's just the immense vastness of the promods map and the road network, that is more suitable for small groups of players to explore together. Solitary players, I think, will feel even lonelier, when they will go all over the map and barely run into other players, they will get bored. Exploring it alone is just better in singleplayer, you can even combine it with other map mods to make the map even larger, and despite problematic AI, it still adds life on the roads.

Other reasons, like it was already mentioned, is the requirement of all map expansions.

Also don't forget, with the Road to the Black Sea just around the corner, SCS will release an update for this which will likely make promods incompatible for much longer time, than what we are used to here on TMP (any future update can do that). Incorporation of this expansion can also take even longer, because promods already partially covers the area - what they will do is not clear, but in the past they would release new version of promods with stock new dlc with connected to their map, before adding their own edits in later updates. 

I am afraid, that promods server may simply not be available for various periods of time after every game update, because TMP must update their client for the latest game version.

I would imagine the main servers would stay around the same levels of popularity, even if the ProMods server has 2,500 slots, should everyone of them be taken, I think you’d still struggle to see many other people, given the vastness of the map!!

On another note, someone up above mentioned Cartwright Trailer DLC? First I’ve heard of this, I done a quick search and can’t find any news of this beyond October 2018. Anyone happen to know any more about this? Very interested! :D

All the best;

RB?

This answer is negative. Not everyone has all the maps. DLC, Promods does not support external tasks. Most of the players who like external tasks will still be on the original map, and some of them may go to the Promods map! I won't see them on Promods servers, at least when Worldoft rucks is active!?

On 10/4/2019 at 7:52 PM, RB1988 said:

On another note, someone up above mentioned Cartwright Trailer DLC? First I’ve heard of this, I done a quick search and can’t find any news of this beyond October 2018. Anyone happen to know any more about this? Very interested! :D

Never noticed anything like that, but you are right, I googled twitter post about the visit and it's that old. It's just how SCS works on some stuff, they need to keep something under the hood and surprise us when it's almost ready for release. I think they also mentioned visit at Broshuis on their blog, sometime early this year, january or february . I would be more interested in that one.

We don't have to worry about this at all. In fact, many players don't have all the map DLC, and they don't have a plan to buy

so the Promods server is more about game diversification and load balancing.

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

Surely number of players in normal map would reduce. There are many resons to that. People who have all map DLCs tend to be much more respectful to other players. These people, including me, are sick of the trolls in multiplayer. Now, we have a chance to switch to promods server and eliminate those trolls who only have the basic game map and buy new one with every ban they get. Moreover, I know a lot of people who only plays in single player because of that. I think they would like to play in promods server too.

What i think is Promods maybe availble in One TMP server and others are like normal. Promods also require some good pc requirements and even with multiplayer now....so you need little beast to play smoothly. ProMods also Require all the Map DLCs to play. Initially everyone will be excited and imagine your game crashes when you go to busy areas?. As this is the first time promods supports MP, so we need to see pros and cons on the go. Over all, this is a very big move from TMP and ProMods. This much awaited and much requested feature. TMP tried to get it in the past but didn't workout.  Finally, We got the announcement and excited to play in multiplayer version of Pormods.

I think the original map will never be fully dead as a lot of people playing Truckersmp actually live there and like to recognize the countries they actually live in

I also think (and hope) that Calais Duisburg will never be even close to dead as I know a lot of people that really enjoy the chaotic traffic jams 

Lets hope AI traffic doesn't ruin Calais Duisburg if it gets released

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @pixel_swe

Because this topic has been inactive for over 14 days, it will now be locked and archived to keep our forum organized. 

If you'll have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to send me a private message!

Thanks, 

Chris [PL] TruckersMP Community Moderator 

//Locked & Moved to archives

banner

Archived