Will the orginal map be dead after promods

pixel_swe

Surely many people will switch to the promods server, but like you say, many others don't have all map DLCs, which is a must to play ProMods. Those who want and can will probably buy those DLCs they are missing, others simply won't. And there will be others, like myself, that will keep playing in the regular server because of World of Trucks jobs, that won't be supported in ProMods server. So what I believe is that there will be less people, but the server won't be dead, if only because it will keep being the biggest one. Biggest server (4200 player slots) means more players can join and in the end, that's what most people look for when playing MP... Being with lots of other players, ProMods or not, speed limits or not, etc.

39 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Surely many people will switch to the promods server, but like you say, many others don't have all map DLCs, which is a must to play ProMods. Those who want and can will probably buy those DLCs they are missing, others simply won't. And there will be others, like myself, that will keep playing in the regular server because of World of Trucks jobs, that won't be supported in ProMods server. So what I believe is that there will be less people, but the server won't be dead, if only because it will keep being the biggest one. Biggest server (4200 player slots) means more players can join and in the end, that's what most people look for when playing MP... Being with lots of other players, ProMods or not, speed limits or not, etc.

Plus theres the fact nothing will replace the C-D road being its base with no dlc required ( Promods requires all map dlc ). Promods is gonna be like Sim 1 but with 2500 slots & they said the Promods trailers wont be supported ( kinda sucks tbh ) but hey the Cartwright trailer dlc should include double deck trailers so its not all bad. My theory behind why the trailers arent coming with it is because it includes real companies & tmp dont want to get sued over real brands, think they said why in the stream but i didnt catch it clearly

Personally, I do see a surge of Promods players, but long term playerbase could be an issue since it relies on having all the DLC content and a large download to play it which may be impractical for say 90% of the current playerbase.

Just now, tattytate said:

Fernando 

i have the greatest respect for your opinion on most things in this forum . You post wisdom when others rant and argue. But it is my opinion that in this case the new promod server will be full purely on the fact that the maps offer so much more than the vanilla maps  . Given the size and road mileage and new tows  that  promods offer you could have 5000 slots and still see no one else for hours on end . 

I'd say some areas of going east can be quite bare at times, but the prospect of tricky roads could make the northern reaches an attraction even with less people around.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

Fernando 

i have the greatest respect for your opinion on most things in this forum . You post wisdom when others rant and argue. But it is my opinion that in this case the new promod server will be full purely on the fact that the maps offer so much more than the vanilla maps  . Given the size and road mileage and new tows  that  promods offer you could have 5000 slots and still see no one else for hours on end . 

I don't think so. The promods Is a third-party map mod that cannot have the gaming smoothness that SCS does, although it's pretty good for years. For some Place the promods would be more laggy due to the lack of perfection. Thus for players whose pc setup Is low would prefer basic ets2. And there will still be many people who don't have all map dlcs to gain access to promods. Indeed a great amount of players will free from sim1 to promods due to the upcoming update, but ETS2 servers will still be populated.

p.s. this change will definitely be a good way to get more relax for c-d road because many people will disappear and show up in promods server.

TR TEAM | DRIVER

76561198419392120.png

8 hours ago, tattytate said:

Fernando 

You are giving the main reason for the server to be full. And also the main reason for it to NOT be full. Lots of new roads, towns, scenery, will make many players want to use that server. But the need to own all SCS map expansions and the 2500 players limit in such a huge mileage will make many others to not even think about it. There would be a big chance, like you say, to drive for hours and not see anyone else.

I believe that this is not what most MP players look for when they join. What most players want is to drive around many others, and this is always easier in the base map, that everyone has to own, and in the server with most slots, that will still be, from what I understand, Simulation 1.

I heard ProMods from others but I never played ProMods before. What I heard is you must own ALL map expansions to run ProMods. So I don't think the server will be full because not many of us own ALL of them. But the good news is probably there will be no trolls on that server because, well, you need to pay for all map expansions to play TMP (ProMods server) now so you will take extra care with your fragile TMP account.

• Community Manager

I reckon it will be two simulation servers with perhaps almost equal amounts of players on them. You will always have those people who cannot run ProMods (due to not owning the DLC's or not having a PC that allows to run) or people who like the C-D road who will remain on the old server. And the people who really love promods and the simulation side who will go to the promods server. I do hope that the trend of people that keep on spreading on the map more and more will continue so that you at least when driving come across other traffic.

I believe you can also play WOT contracts as long as there is no ferry involved.

Groet / Sincerly,

Pascal (Purrie)

The way i see the whole thing; what promods adds to the map is northern parts of the map and south eastern parts of the map, so people interested in those places will play on promods server, for the rest it doesnt make sense to play on promods because vanilla map is going to be most likely very empty. I will play on promods server in Iceland and the far north Norway and Russia, probably Finland too, not sure about the south. 

The way I see it going is that the promods server will likely hit 1500 players for the first month or two, but after a while it’ll dwindle down to around 500-1000 average.

Quite a fair amount of the community owns the required DLCs either through sales or just buying it, I’m not saying EVERYONE does, but I would say at least 1000 do.

I mean, essentially all Promods does is add new towns and cities into the original parts of the map and changes a few roads/adds new roads there as well, along with adding new towns into the DLC areas and it also adds countries that are yet to be in ETS2, such as Spain. 

So honestly, sim 1 will still see 3000+ players average, whereas sim2 will likely drop even further with a lot driving on the promods server. Not to mention, people will always make C-D a mess until SCS finally rebuilds the rest of the stock map, (here’s to hoping they make changes to C-D to make it more realistic and less of a traffic bottleneck, both in MP and SP).

I need to take back what i wrote yesterday, after speding around 8 hours driving on promods map today and yesterday, the SCS map is basic, promods map is well i'll say just way more realistic and offers more, so i think all the veterans not too attached to wotr will probably choose promods over SCS. However 2500 slot server could end everything before it would even get a proper chance, i'd say 5000-7000 slot server and you wont even feel like the server has that many slots because the map is so much bigger. Not enough slots will end the whole thing once people get bored of driving and not meeting a truck for hours. 

I'm afraid the new ProMods server will kill the whole experience of playing on TruckersMP. Everyone who plays on TruckersMP wants to see other people and drive with them. After the ProMods server goes online some people will move from Simulation I to the Promods server. I think it will make "Simulation I" feel pretty empty and because ProMods is a huge map, it will be even worse with its low number of players there. Not everyone has all DLCs and not everyone is going to buy them just because of 500-800 players on the ProMods server. But I can imagine driving on the ProMods server will be much better, because there will be no trolls ;) But still - although I love Promods, I'm not gonna play there if there are gonna be less daily players than 1800. I don't think adding ProMods to TruckersMP will bring significatly more new players. 

The another possibility is that ProMods server will just die out, because there will be only like 100-200 players. 

I love ProMods - It is so much better than the vanilla, but I don't want it to kill TruckersMP. 

But yeah, all I just said is only my opinion and there is nothing left than just to wait and see. 

Archived