ProMods support reveal

Prime

Will I need all map DLCs to play on TruckersMP in the future?

No, we would never force you to buy DLCs. However, owning all map DLCs is a requirement in order to play ProMods and as such this will also be the case on the ProMods server.

i like how they worded this, in other words YES you are forced to buy all map DLC if you want to play ProMods. guess there will be quite of a few people left out on this one. 

8 minutes ago, 8up Local said:

i like how they worded this, in other words YES you are forced to buy all map DLC if you want to play ProMods. guess there will be quite of a few people left out on this one. 

One thing that I really like about this; players who are idiots on the roads and got banned, and is now playing on a second account will have to buy the DLC's again. The players driving with ProMods will be nicer. :) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

SHeDTix.png

2 hours ago, 8up Local said:

To play ProMods even in single player, you need all available map DLC. And the only reason for this: SCS changed their policy on mods. Which means, if a mod "unlocks" certain things that could only be done with DLC's, the mod will be removed and the creators will be held accountable. 

On the second hand, you can buy map DLC's pretty cheap if you are looking for them long enough ;) 

7 minutes ago, Glada_Laxen said:

Seeing how ProMods is downloaded right now... Do we have any information on their part if it will change? Or will we have to spend several hours for this mod? Or are we forced to pay them money? 

not sure wat you ask but promods have a free way to download the mod but that takes time or a 1 dolar option to download the mod in a few min.

you are not forced to use the payed download its your own chouce. but they need to pay for there servers as well so i dopnt blame them for asking money for a faster download they already spend lots of free time at there project to make it like this.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Glada_Laxen said:

Seeing how ProMods is downloaded right now... Do we have any information on their part if it will change? Or will we have to spend several hours for this mod? Or are we forced to pay them money? 

You have to download the mod from the official ProMods website, but the TMP launcher will download the DEF file, so you don't have to download that. And to be honest, that €1 fee is not the end of the world, but it is way more convenient than the seperate downloading method.

Just now, buksee said:

You have to download the mod from the official ProMods website, but the TMP launcher will download the DEF file, so you don't have to download that. And to be honest, that €1 fee is not the end of the world, but it is way more convenient than the seperate downloading method.

Seeing how terrible their free service is, I wouldn't want to give them any money at all. 

I just finished downloading the .001 file and it has completed. Then I get this message

image.thumb.png.947e35b391d85ee822fef73f44fbcfc8.png

I understand limiting one download per user, but I'm not downloading anything from them at the moment, so the warning is false. If the warning is false, then it feels like they're trying to force you into paying €1. 

The files are also just 250MB and it takes their servers 15-20 minutes to send. That's really bad. 

SHeDTix.png

@Glada_Laxen did you read the message if you get that message it can take up to 5 min bevore you allowd to download a other 1. 

also closing the browser and reopen it can help. and else ask help on there forum. but yea it takes some time to download it for free but they make the mod for free as well so why complaining?

if they would offer fast download for free they they needs lots of money to make that possible and they are not making money so the dev`s will need to pay that from there own pockets.

thats why there asking 1 dollar for fast download.

• HaulieLove 1

1 hour ago, MAXI PL-ENG said:

I always download promods in one file for a dollar, they are not so much money and you can easily download everything quickly, this one dollar is not much for the good work they do they just deserve it ?

Not really. They've made their free download INSANELY tideous and faulty. I wonder if this is on purpose to trick people into buying their paid fast download. 

SHeDTix.png

I downloaded the free option and it took 45 mins in total. Just wait a couple of mins after starting file 1 then start 2. You can always have 2 downloads going just make sure you wait a couple of mins after one finishes and make sure you don't have multiple download windows open.

If you cant do it the price is very fair for the fast download considering the amount of content it adds to the game. 

Taking in to account that for this mod to work you need all the dlc's and if you got the money to have all dlc's you can afford 86p for a dlc that will add 1000x the content.

• Like 1