ProMods support reveal

Prime

Hopefully soon we will have some AI traffic in MP which would help to eliminate the feeling there is nobody left but you on the planet. I'm sure this problem was discussed between the TruckersMP/Promods partners. Also, there are many in the ETS2/ATS community that refuse to play MP because of the immature nature of too many of its current players. From my viewpoint the game admins are too tolerant of this behavior and need to start permanently banning or banishing them to arcade server instead of just kicking them. The result of this is the bad players stay and the good players leave.

• Like 1
  • HaulieLove 1

3 hours ago, E.A. Poe The Raven said:

Hopefully soon we will have some AI traffic in MP which would help to eliminate the feeling there is nobody left but you on the planet. I'm sure this problem was discussed between the TruckersMP/Promods partners. Also, there are many in the ETS2/ATS community that refuse to play MP because of the immature nature of too many of its current players. From my viewpoint the game admins are too tolerant of this behavior and need to start permanently banning or banishing them to arcade server instead of just kicking them. The result of this is the bad players stay and the good players leave.

482/5000

I think the moderators do their best very well and intervene very often.

I do agree that there are a lot of non-serious players who mainly race with far too long combis.

From my point of view TMP could stop allowing the double trailers. These are usually the most anti-social and bad drivers.
Hopefully the majority of these "players" will not buy the additional cards, then they will hopefully not be on the Promods Servers.

AI in traffic would be fantastic indeed.
I fear that this will not be successful because TMP has already indicated that SCS changes things too often into AI.
Personally I would like to run on dedicated servers with a few people. The large community is nice but on a small scale it seems even more fantastic to me.

Then you only allow whom you want to drive with.

• Like 1

spacer.png

14 hours ago, BrummiCat said:

First time Promods user. Which "mod" folder do i have to use to put the ProModes files in? ..\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod OR ..\Documents\ETS2MP\mod ?

Go to Promods, read and learn.

Go to Youtube and watch.

It's quite easy to do and it is good to read about others and getting advice.

4 hours ago, Myau91 said:

Promods server needs a big online to not be empty... Even in ETS2 SIM1 there are not many players on DLC maps. But Promods map is bigger, so the chance to meet other players will be less. I have bad expectations from it... I hope i'm wrong...

I hope you are right...

• Like 1

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Myau91 said:

Сервер Promods нуждается в большом онлайн, чтобы не быть пустым... Даже в ETS2 SIM1 есть не так много игроков на картах DLC. Но карта Promods больше, поэтому шансов встретиться с другими игроками будет меньше. У меня есть плохие ожидания от этого... Надеюсь, я ошибаюсь...

In this mode it is better to ride with friends?

If you ride alone on such a map I think you can fall asleep?

jXsthSF.gifybM5BmY.gif

1 hour ago, ClooneyClown-NL said:

482/5000

I think the moderators do their best very well and intervene very often.

I do agree that there are a lot of non-serious players who mainly race with far too long combis.

From my point of view TMP could stop allowing the double trailers. These are usually the most anti-social and bad drivers.
Hopefully the majority of these "players" will not buy the additional cards, then they will hopefully not be on the Promods Servers.

AI in traffic would be fantastic indeed.
I fear that this will not be successful because TMP has already indicated that SCS changes things too often into AI.
Personally I would like to run on dedicated servers with a few people. The large community is nice but on a small scale it seems even more fantastic to me.

Then you only allow whom you want to drive with.

I do not understand why people want AI Traffic in MP. If you want company while driving join a VTC.

If you want AI Traffic then drive in SP or maybe they should have a server just for MP with AI Traffic but do not spoil a great sim by putting AI traffic into it. 

Also why should a small minority of idiots towing multiple trailers spoil it for everyone else. Do not get rid of multiple trailers as this also takes the realism out of the sim.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kiwi1 said:

I do not understand why people want AI Traffic in MP. If you want company while driving join a VTC.

If you want AI Traffic then drive in SP or maybe they should have a server just for MP with AI Traffic but do not spoil a great sim by putting AI traffic into it. 

Also why should a small minority of idiots towing multiple trailers spoil it for everyone else. Do not get rid of multiple trailers as this also takes the realism out of the sim.

People want AI traffic for exactly this reason - realism. Otherwise majority of roads are almost empty and at the same time people like to truck with their friends. AI just adds so much more immersion.

• Like 2
  • HaulieCry 1

Regarding the ai traffic  TMP explained why in the promods support blog

AI traffic support

The project is not scrapped, but because SCS is still constantly making changes to the AI it is very difficult for us to complete it as working with AI is very complex. At the point where we 1st showed you the video of AI traffic in multiplayer we had a working prototype. Unfortunately, SCS then released new game versions through time with a massive change to AI which they have been improving ever since.

source: https://truckersmp.com/blog/178

AI Traffic would be a suicidal move for TMP at this point, AI is too unpredictable and would be a very annoying thing when all of a sudden a AI car cuts you off and a player driving behind you crashes into you and beacause of that you get banned. There is still a lot of work to do by SCS in order to make the AI better, and usable for TMP.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

6 minutes ago, [C-S] Memfisto said:

AI Traffic would be a suicidal move for TMP at this point, AI is too unpredictable and would be a very annoying thing when all of a sudden a AI car cuts you off and a player driving behind you crashes into you and beacause of that you get banned. There is still a lot of work to do by SCS in order to make the AI better, and usable for TMP.

Also it would be more ammo for trolls to use It might work on the promods servers sinces the map is so big.  I wonder if it would be easier to add in random events like RTC and detours since they are static ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyF.S_2790 said:

Also it would be more ammo for trolls to use It might work on the promods servers sinces the map is so big.  I wonder if it would be easier to add in random events like RTC and detours since they are static ? 

Well for now people are just too hyped for a thing that won't be coming out for a long time. They might have released a trailer but if SCS don't start working on their AI this year, I'm pretty sure we won't see AI appear on TMP for a few years, if not never.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, [C-S] Memfisto said:

Well for now people are just too hyped for a thing that won't be coming out for a long time. They might have released a trailer but if SCS don't start working on their AI this year, I'm pretty sure we won't see AI appear on TMP for a few years, if not never.

It's the opposite. When the AI Traffic trailer was released back in the day, TMP Developers had a working beta version really close to be released. And then SCS reworked the AI in the game from top to bottom and they have been modifying it ever since. So the reason why we don't have AI in MP is not because SCS is not working on their AI, rather SCS changing it every update. This means, if SCS brings out an AI that is working so well, that they don't have to "change" it over and over again for a long time, then we will see AI in MP really soon after that.

• HaulieCry 1

5 hours ago, ClooneyClown-NL said:

Go to Promods, read and learn.

Go to Youtube and watch.

It's quite easy to do and it is good to read about others and getting advice.

At least not everybody in this community is a clown like you. But thanks for taking your time to spill your b$ on me - 19 hours later - instead of providing a proper answer like the two others guys did. Keep up the good work buddy.

6 minutes ago, BrummiCat said:

At least not everybody in this community is a clown like you. But thanks for taking your time to spill your b$ on me - 19 hours later - instead of providing a proper answer like the two others guys did. Keep up the good work buddy.

Oh well, where exactly does the frustration come from?
My advice was meant to be friendly, very unfortunate that you react so unnecessarily and insultingly.
I just hope for TMP that this does not reflect your behavior in traffic.

Good luck with yourself,

spacer.png

5 hours ago, lrodrg11 said:

It's unconfirmed when it's coming out. Soon™

Should be sooner or later. Maybe sooner but probably later. But definitely no sooner than later.  When it's good and ready or at least ready. We're waiting on the other guy to finish changing his stuff so we can change our stuff without having to change it again because the other guy changed his mind. Unfortunately even though our stuff is based on his stuff he doesn't tell us anything about it so no one will say he said it will be ready sooner than it is and make everybody look bad and get swamped with responses filled with messages of discontent and ire. I am predicting it will be released on a Monday maybe not this Monday but maybe the Monday after. Certainly not more than " A few months" of Mondays aka Someday soon. At least they're nice enough not to say what they are probably thinking like "When it's #$%^ good and ready you bunch of @#$%^& little *&^E%$ ^ go $(#&$*%*" yourselves."    

Oh what a tangled web we weave.

• True Story 3