TMP Promods

Courtz49

I didn´t play ProMods since game vers. 1.31 I think and I must say, ProMods done amazing job with its map. Honestly, I love Iceland the most, I need to say the others parts don´t look bad either. :) 

8 hours ago, BrunoPelogia said:

The mod will migrate completely to the ProMods map or it is going to be a separete server?

Well, what we know from stream, they said ProMods will have separate server with 2500 slots from the start :) 

8 hours ago, BrunoPelogia said:

And if migrates,do i have to start a profile from scratch or my curret save game can be used?

Honestly, I don´t know. But if you already have TMP profile you´re playing at, I think it won´t be a problem :) 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, [GER] DahakaRising said:

I can't say if I like those promods or not... I never tried that nor do I know what that is about exactly. ?

And on the other hand a part of me is not really interested into knowing what it is ??

ProMods is a complete rework of the entire map with a lot of more cities and new countries. Much more detail and more challenging.

It will less trolls. Who dont have all map DLCs. xD

76561198158535149.png                                                                                                                              ➡  My WoTr.                       

Renault Premium: 500.000km 

Renault Magnum: 257.500km   ▶

9 hours ago, BrunoPelogia said:

Welp i never used ProMods so i have 2 questions:
The mod will migrate completely to the ProMods map or it is going to be a separete server?
And if migrates,do i have to start a profile from scratch or my curret save game can be used?

TMP will remain the way it is, there will be new server with 2500 slots, that will be running the promods map.

I higly recommend to back up the profile folder that you have been using, or make a copy of it, better to use one profile for vanilla map, and other profile for promods, because switching between maps on single profile will have unpleasant side effects.

To everyone having doubts, don't be afraid, although it's been over 2 years since I have used promods, it's fantastic map, I am excited to explore all the difficult winding narrow roads in multiplayer. Just make sure to backup/copy your profile, so you don't risk it wil be destroyed. I'm personally thinkig about starting profile from scratch.

9 hours ago, BrunoPelogia said:

Welp i never used ProMods so i have 2 questions:

It's going to have a dedicated server for it which will hold 2,500 players I'd recommended starting a new profile for it as I believe once the promods profile has been saved it won't work on the normal servers, could be wrong though

2 minutes ago, courtz49 said:

It's going to have a dedicated server for it which will hold 2,500 players I'd recommended starting a new profile for it as I believe once the promods profile has been saved it won't work on the normal servers, could be wrong though

Yes, once you save the game with promods, going back to vanilla can run into serious issues.

It will not be necessary to uninstall promods, if you want to play on normal servers. Promods for TMP will be installed in the same way like the Winter Mod, it will be placed in mod folder where the promods server will check for the files, in-game mod manager is not required. You will just need to register on Promods site and download everything form there (required version of promods has not been released yet), same like you would do for singleplayer.

Realy? SCS actualy will not take any legal action? I know one of the ProMods Ex-Map/Dev is working at SCS, but this would make all future and present SCS official map DLC,s absolute and thats their main source of income.This all topic sounds like one of those "he told me and she told me and nobody actually told anything" situations.Dont get me wrong, it would be cool to drive around in Spain and Greece, but but...............

Woooo I cannot wait for this, my question is

As per main promosds installation you need all the map expansions so I'm gathering this will also require those too due to the assets in promods. 

I didn't watch the stream I was in bed so I missed it

25 minutes ago, kultrex said:

Realy? SCS actualy will not take any legal action? I know one of the ProMods Ex-Map/Dev is working at SCS, but this would make all future and present SCS official map DLC,s absolute and thats their main source of income.This all topic sounds like one of those "he told me and she told me and nobody actually told anything" situations.

What are you on about, promods is dependent on all SCS released map expansions to date, you must own them to use promods map. Upcoming expansion, Road to the Black Sea likely will be no exception, but it will require time for integration, because promods map already modifies that area, there will probably be temporary version that will not require this dlc. Nobody is forcing you to use promods map, nobody said TMP is switching over to promods map, normal servers with remain as they are now.

This topic is not just speculation, the cooperation of TMP with Promods has been confirmed in yesterday's official TMP stream, and they actually mentioned this ex-promods developer you are talking about.

21 minutes ago, dualznz said:

As per main promosds installation you need all the map expansions so I'm gathering this will also require those too due to the assets in promods. 

Yes, all map expansion released to date are required.

15 minutes ago, Granite said:

What are you on about, promods is dependent on all SCS released map expansions to date, you must own them to use promods map. Upcoming expansion, Road to the Black Sea likely will be no exception, but it will require time for integration, because promods map already modifies that area, there will probably be temporary version that will not require this dlc. Nobody is forcing you to use promods map, nobody said TMP is switching over to promods map, normal servers with remain as they are now.

This topic is not just speculation, the cooperation of TMP with Promods has been confirmed in yesterday's official TMP stream, and they actually mentioned this ex-promods developer you are talking about.

Yes, all map expansion released to date are required.

Years and years ago when i still  used to play ProMods and chat with the........You realy did not need any of the original maps made by SCS

Ill be quiet now?

1 hour ago, dualznz said:

yeah you will need all map dlcs in order to play the promods server

4 hours ago, Rene Sneipa said:

ProMods is a complete rework of the entire map with a lot of more cities and new countries. Much more detail and more challenging.

oooh, thanks for the explanation ?

Female | german & english | sarcastic | gaming

76561198013596467.png

Discord: DahakaSkyRising#2850

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/bulletx3/

[That profilepicture is my avatar from Second Life]

Can't wait for this

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘