What is your favorite type of trailer?

Neon Shy

When using owned trailers, I tend to drift between the box / curtain slider and the flatbed, with cargo hooks on it, because I both like the ability to have paint jobs on the side of box trailers, but I also quite often go towards flat beds because I like to see the cargo that I will be hauling, what do you prefer and why?

spacer.png

Refrigerated B Double.  Looks good, gives me the chance to collect and deliver high value cargo and overall (I feel) the trailer has good visibility to others.

I don't have any preferences yet, but will keep using single trailers, because I want to be able to go all over the place without anny hassle.

I switch truck and trailer after 100 000km, I've been using only Schwarzmüller or Krone box trailers yet, currently using Krone Cooliner.

Next it will be Krone BoxLiner (container chassis).

My favorite type of trailer would be the refrigerated with rear door. :)

DJFrontier | TruckersMP  - Retired Team Member ||| Languages:  English 🇺🇸  | Portuguese 🇧🇷

|| Rules || Support System || Appeals || Feedback || Realtime Map || Suggestions || Report System

Staff Member since September 11, 2018 to July 19, 2021

For me it depends, I mostly use refrigerated trailers because of how they can be set up to compliment company paint schemes, but I’m not afraid to grab a standard double or HCT and have fun being a mini snake, but I will use dry freighters and curtainsiders depending on if I want to haul something different.

@ScaniaFan89 that is the first time I see a picture like that, I almost spilled my coffee all over my keyboard. That thing looks so ugly it's not even funny ?  ectually it is. 

BTW, it might sound stupid, but do you happen to know if that is an actual factory thing @ DAF or is it third partie? Can't find it anywhere on the interwebs if they ship configurations like that from the factoryline.

Or is this a joke? I'm so confused ?

Now, trailers.. click on the images for better resolution

As long as it is wider, longer, higher, heavier and unmanageable, I'm in for it!

ETS2:

My choise for sp are open trailers like (extended) flatbeds, (semi-)lowloaders,.. just bc off the cargo visuality, and the challanges longer, bulkier and wider trailers are bringing. The bigger the better! 

most of the trailers I have are mainly mods. My favorite ones are the (semi-)lowloaders (interdolly or jeepdolly configuration)

I dare you to tell me this does not look sexy af!

My favorite, 3x4 axle interdolly lowloader:

ets2-20190806-171503-00.png

5 axle lowloader:

ets2-20190316-212417-00.png

Special extendable trailer:

ets2-20190209-230026-00.png

4x6 axle interdolly lowloader:

Cargo looks very heavy, definitely needs more axles!!

SP10AXLE.png

When I play mp, I mostly freeroam around the map, with custom save edited trailers, preferbly the HCT in a combination like the one below.

Now and then I like using the scs lowloader also.

Pic below is a SCS flatbed with Swarchmuller semi-lowloader.

MPHCT.png

ATS:

I do not spend as much time in ATS in multiplayer and singleplayer then I do in ETS2, but when I do, I always drive the Heavy Haul trailers, or heavy haul trailer mods.

Singleplayer:

ATSSP.png

Multiplayer:

ATSMP.png

1 hour ago, R_D [70-90km/h] said:

that is the first time I see a picture like that, I almost spilled my coffee all over my keyboard. That thing looks so ugly it's not even funny ?  ectually it is. 

BTW, it might sound stupid, but do you happen to know if that is an actual factory thing @ DAF or is it third partie? Can't find it anywhere on the interwebs if they ship configurations like that from the factoryline.

Or is this a joke? I'm so confused ?

No thats legit, i see them on the road often as Aldi, Argos, DHL, UKMail, Home Bargains, Royal Mail etc use the! The Aerodynamic / Teardrop trailers are heavily used here in the UK because they have less wind resistance which means better fuel economy on the trucks oh & less trucks on the road because they can carry twice the load or as good as. It amazes me how the US have such boxy trailers & laugh at ours, just think of the fuel savings the trucks would get if they ran aerodynamic double deckers......even our buses are aerodynamic Scania_AlexanderDennis_Enviro400_MMC_YP6

2 minutes ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

No thats legit, i see them on the road often as Aldi, Argos, DHL, UKMail, Home Bargains, Royal Mail etc use the! The Aerodynamic / Teardrop trailers are heavily used here in the UK

Yah, I know you see them alot in the UK, they are indeed very common over there, and apart from the ugly aero dynamic look they have (IMO) they are indeed good for transporting x amount more, which saves up in fuel, employe costs,... I've seen teardrops before, but that truck is what makes me so confused ?

I've never seen a DAF or any other truck for that mather with a winddeflector double stacked like that. Is that common such deflectors? Is it  something DAF provides from the factory line, or do you have to go to a third party, like DAF does not produce the 8x4 tractorchassis (not the 8x4 tandem chassis), it's been made by an aftermarket company. 

for me, I generally haul either a refrigerated van trailer or a container float.  Usually with a 6x2 tag lift, although I have Krone and Schwarzmuller DLC, its normally a generic SCS trailer (nicer looking - I would use the krone if they had single wheel arches like the Schwarzmuller or the generics, however the Schwarzmuller stay bars off the landing gear gets in the way of the back of the frame on the 6x2 tag axle trucks as ist optimised for 4x2 trucks)

Archived