What's in a Name?

something i am always curious about, players name tags. ever wonder just what exactly a players name is about? is it as simple as it seems to be or is there more behind it? 

8up = this is my local BMX trails i started as a young one (8-10yo, i am 47 now). the first set i made was an 8-pack of dirt jumps that lead around in almost a circle that goes uphill (hence 8 up) and you end up back at the beginning of the trail. i have since had to stop riding due to injuries years ago, but trails survive and are in good hands now. it has grown over the years to be a pretty nice place to ride.

Local = well it is my local trails, so kinda explains itself. 

What's in your name? 

MrSirViking? Hmm well.. Actually i used to have Lost-Viking long before i got MrSirViking. I got that name Because i liked vikings and i used to play a game called The Lost Vikings on Amiga 500, so i sort of became lost-viking. Then i once had to make a username somewhere and i wasent allowed to use _ or - and i felt LostViking wasent as good. So i had a friend called SirCrumbles and i sort of liked the Sir part. And i still wanted my Viking part. So i added a Mr to the Sir part to make it more special and to make sure less people had it so it would be easier to use on more sites and so i became MrSirViking. The Viking part is because i am Danish and we have a huge part of our history revolve around Vikings.

I have used this Shadow Wolf since 2003 when I started playing a game called Star Trek Bridge Commander. I played mostly ships that had a cloaking device, being the Klingons mostly. joined a gaming group/clan with the name. the reason I have the 2k7 at the end is because in 2007 I found that someone else had used the same name so I had to add 2k7 to the end. and since then when ever I play a game it is either using my old gaming communites tag  or 2k7, so here on the forums I am listed as ShadowWolf2k7 and in game it is BEW Shadow Wolf.

On 9/24/2019 at 6:19 PM, TwitchExtionix said:

Twitch= I stream on twitch

Extionix= i just created it idk where it came from ?

well it is an explanation. lol all good. 

Rene Sneipa...

Rene is my first name and Sneipa comes from...

Homo Sapiens written backwards: Sneipas Omoh, but SneipaSomoh sounds better.

SnEiPaSoMoH was a long time my nick in shooter games. For two years now i only use „Sneipa“ because i like it.

Online is Rene my first name and Sneipa my virtual surname... 

„Rene Sneipa“

So en_field comes from Enfield, which I know it can be related to many things: it is a riffle, a bike brand, Harry Enfield's surname, a London borough... However I think the very first time I heard about it was while playing Medal Of Honor in my old PSP, there was a riffle called like that, and I pretty much loved how it sounded. This may come all the way back from 2011, I was not even into gaming like I am nowadays by that time. It was not until around 2015 that I decided to use that nick for every online platform I'd get myself into. "Enfield" has suffered many changes over the time... I've been 'Enfield', 'Enfield [ESP]', 'enf', 'enfielde', 'enfie', and 'en_field' like I am nowadays. I like playing around with it, and something tells me this is not its final form yet haha ?

//Moved to Off-Topic Discussions by the way.

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

Archived