Traffic?

Extionix

I remember there was a "teaser" for a server that would have AI in it, but imo, if that would ever come out, it would case a lot of issues. Trolling with AI, would become a next thing for all the griffers to harvest, and to destroy fun for others.

I get the overall idea, cause if you are not driving with friends, join convoys or visit that cough popular areas, TMP may seem empty. AI would add the well, "life" to the roads. But overall, it has more down then upsides.

banner

If the developers are indeed planning to release an update that introduces AI traffic, I'm sure they've already considered the possible issues with it and have solutions for it.

I already commented on this in another thread about this but ill write it here too:

The main reason this is not happening at the moment (i think) is that it would need a super computer server to run it. Cause every single AI car would have to be synchronized so that means if there is 4000 people on and each person has lets say 5 AI cars or trucks around them that would be 20000 AI cars and trucks that the server would have to calculate all the time. In SP, the area you drive in is the only area that is loaded in game. And the x amount of AI traffic around you is only around where you are. So your computer only has to render in the area you are in with AI traffic in the area you are in. I think the MP server loads everything all the time (correct me if i am wrong). And it would have to load and calculate the movement of 20000 AI cars and trucks all the time.  

Not only that but trolls could get a whole lot of fun out of the AI traffic. Cause lets say a troll decides to block the road. Not only do you have normal players that gets blocked but also AI traffic. This could cause HUGE line ups of AI traffic and players and it could be a huge mess. Not only that but if they behave like normal AI traffic does in SP that means every AI truck or car will stop instantly as soon as you are close to them. Like if you swerve close to an AI traffic they just stop. That could also cause major problems for people around you.  Since someone could just swerve close to an AI car and make it stop so someone would ram into that car or truck. AI traffic is just a bad idea in general unless you have small servers with like 10-20 people max that then drive around with AI traffic on private like servers. Other than that its just a huge problem.

AI would be a great addition to the game, however mentioned above, it would bring so many issues to the game with the main one been the trolls.
I use the example of the C-D road, what would happen if you mix the current C-D road with, say, 100-200 AI cars at any one time, it would simply be chaos, and I know many people say to this point that they should just make the C-D road have no AI traffic, and just keep it to the rest of the map, but all that would cause is the C-D road to become just like the Europort and all the trolls and traffic will just move to another location where there is AI traffic.

Not just the fact of trolling issues, there are so many other major and minor issues that it would bring to the MP platform, I am sure the developers will think of every possible solution, but I highly doubt this addition would be a good thing in the long run.
Don't take me against the idea of AI, I would love to see it added, however we need to be realistic with it and think of the negatives as well as the positives. ?‍♂️

if it is possible then TMP could have it so that AI traffic is dynamicly generated, and if there is over a set number of people in an area, say 20 people, then AI traffic wont spawn. even if those people move to a new area, AI wont spawn in the new area. and if for some reason someone tries and blocks the AI traffic then after a set period of time say 15 seconds they despawn. is this realistic yes and no. no cars to magicly disappear, and yes since they could be rerouted.

AI Traffic hasn't always been the good idea, obviously it comes with some issues such as sync and can-collide etc. The AI only server was actually an alright idea.

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived