In-game Reports

The B3AST

Hey there everyone! My name is B3AST(Beast) and I'm one of the TruckersMP Game Moderators. I wanted to start this topic to give you guys somewhat of idea as to what actually take place when we review your in-game reports. This topic is not being made to talk about bans or to start any arguments about why your report is being declined, but to inform you of possible actions that may or may not have been taken. 

Don't you just love seeing this after you report someone in-game????

Bws4HL2.jpg

I know this gives you some type of satisfaction knowing that there is a Game Moderator in-game working on reports. But what has happened when this comes across your screen a few seconds later???!?!?

X54OB6N.jpg

[System] Your report against player x (71) has been reviewed. No punishment was applied.

Here are a few reasons as to why this message was displayed

• No action was taken because the player you've reported has not broken any rules
  • No action was taken because whatever the reported player did is only kickable
  • No action was taken because you were at fault just as much as the player reported

Here are a few other reasons as to why this message was displayed

• No action was taken because another player was deemed to be at fault in the report and they were banned 
  • No action was taken because we needed to get a translation of what was said in the report before making a decision(In this case, if what was said violates our rules, the player would be banned via website)
  • No action was taken because the reported player was found to be in-game and was asked to remove items that violates our rules such as inappropriate tags or save edits

Feel free to share your thoughts or let me know if this post has helped you understand. As always, follow the rules and have fun! 

647122462_NewBanner.jpg.82c9c4d67a006b4db2f6122ce7c100b1.jpg

I'm not wasting my time with in-game reports anymore, I just go straight to the Website and files a report :) 

9/10 accepted so far.

2 from Friday 13th, are waiting for review :) 

EDIT: 19/21 accepted so far :) Web works so much better, since, they don't have to deal with the reports, within 20 or so minutes :) 

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Thanks for the information. 

I tend to use just web reports now, TMP staff are busy IRL as well so the in game reports system gets clogged enough then moaned about on the forums. 

A word of advice for everyone, if you submit a game report and it times out, respect that GMs have their own lives just like you do. Web reports are always claimed as they never time out, so if you can, submit a web report instead of game report. 

13 hours ago, General18 said:

I'm not wasting my time with in-game reports anymore, I just go straight to the Website and files a report :) 

9/10 accepted so far.

2 from Friday 13th, are waiting for review :) 

We actually encourage that! That ensures that your report will be looked at. It may take some time but it will be dealt with. 

7 hours ago, Callum Johnson said:

I tend to use just web reports now, TMP staff are busy IRL as well so the in game reports system gets clogged enough then moaned about on the forums. 

A word of advice for everyone, if you submit a game report and it times out, respect that GMs have their own lives just like you do. Web reports are always claimed as they never time out, so if you can, submit a web report instead of game report. 

Exactly! Well said lad

647122462_NewBanner.jpg.82c9c4d67a006b4db2f6122ce7c100b1.jpg

On 9/14/2019 at 4:48 PM, XxB3AsTxX_TMP said:

We actually encourage that! That ensures that your report will be looked at. It may take some time but it will be dealt with. 

Exactly! Well said lad

Just wanna be sure: You/tmp encourage going straight to the website? or you want in-game reports, and then if those gets timed out, then report on website?

Best Regards

General18

General18

TruckersMP

On 9/14/2019 at 8:46 AM, Callum Johnson said:

One problem is people reporting people sat at Red lights for blocking when an unrelated convoy comes up behind them, or a player doesnt want to be sat behind someone obeying a red light, or sat cruising at the speed limit.  As a result the system gets clogged with false reports.

21 hours ago, BunniGal said:

I never do ingame reports, I gather evidence and recordings and proceed to file reports via the website, makes it much more easier for the moderation team to handle it.

Sometimes it takes 7 to 10 days, my last one took 12 hours.  If you are using the ingame cb and someone does something on the player behind you then tries it on you, that could also add evidence. 

on this topic if i see an intruder in an area with many people i create a report in the game but then thanks to my record i create a yeb report and up to a week the offender is punished but have patience really game moderators have privacy problems they are not machines that stand 24/7 to watch reports but they are still extremely fast considering how many people are reporting :wub:

Поздрави : Wub:

Нощно желание

55 minutes ago, antoca said:

Hundreds reports sent, and only one was reviewed (without any resolution, just "reviewed" and nothing). 1-2pm is a good time for trolls.

Are you talking about here https://truckersmp.com/reports or in-game reports?

I currently have 24 submitted, 22 Accepted so only 2 have been Declined :) 

If you provide them with great evidence (like a video/clip), and not just a picture of a player, followed by the text: This player rammed me.

Then, you should see the reports being taken care of :) 

Oh and, if only 1 has been reviewed, your only able to have like 10 or 11 reports submitted for review (In the beginning, you can only have 10 reports waiting. You gain more by having reports accepted)
So, I think your talking about in-game reports, not here: https://truckersmp.com/reports :) 

Best Regards

General18

General18

TruckersMP

I had several questions about the reports in the game and to clarify all of them thanks for the post

Kind Regards,
Folatti

339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d 904932591_role_CommunityModerator(2).png

Languages: English 🇺🇸 | Portuguese 🇧🇷

Report System | Ban Appeal | Feedback System | Rules | Knowledge Base | Server Status

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

I think big challenge of in game reports is that majority of truckers don't understand that per Game moderator he is looking at 90 reports (or is is 80) at any given time. Knowing that information as new player and as I send report in game text would come back to me like "thank you for sending game report - GMs are working hard but at times they may handle 80 reports at once so your report my not be selected". Would clarify situation a lot more and make me understand why "no action was performed" when time runs out.

2 hours ago, enex SLOVENIA said:

I think big challenge of in game reports is that majority of truckers don't understand that per Game moderator he is looking at 90 reports (or is is 80) at any given time. Knowing that information as new player and as I send report in game text would come back to me like "thank you for sending game report - GMs are working hard but at times they may handle 80 reports at once so your report my not be selected". Would clarify situation a lot more and make me understand why "no action was performed" when time runs out.

You kinda make it sound like, óne GM is looking at 80 or 90 reports, at once, but each GM is looking at 1 at a time.:) 
But the pile of reports, might be upwards of 50-90 reports (Maybe more or less, depending on the server, and the amount of players) :)

I agree on a text letting the player know about that (That there might be ALOT of reports in queue) :) 

Best Regards

General18

General18

TruckersMP

6 minutes ago, General18 said:

You kinda make it sound like, óne GM is looking at 80 or 90 reports, at once, but each GM is looking at 1 at a time.:) 
But the pile of reports, might be upwards of 50-90 reports (Maybe more or less, depending on the server, and the amount of players) :)

I agree on a text letting the player know about that (That there might be ALOT of reports in queue) :) 

Best Regards

General18

That's true and in reality GM don't go over just reports, he is handling the flow of the busy roads and kicking and sending people back to service station when they are blocking

traffic or standing still at the bends causing useless traffic. So its not just reports duty for in game gm.

3 hours ago, enex SLOVENIA said:

That's true and in reality GM don't go over just reports, he is handling the flow of the busy roads and kicking and sending people back to service station when they are blocking

traffic or standing still at the bends causing useless traffic. So its not just reports duty for in game gm.

Exactly :) Not only reports, but as you say, also traffic/kicks etc. :) 

Best Regards

General18

General18

TruckersMP

Great insight, this will probably not be taken into consideration though for a lot of people, myself, an intellect already knows the reasoning, in all seriousness though this does help for a lot of people, something that will help even more would be to instead of just saying there was no action taken, say the opposite since technically there had been.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived