Why do people don't look at their mirror when they are crossing lanes

WindowsTen

Did you look at both sides of the road and see if there are any cars coming before you cut lanes?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Did you look at both sides of the road and see if there are any cars coming before you cut lanes?

• Yes :D
    • No :C

There are lots of people who play ETS2/ATS on TruckersMP and I think the reason of such situations is that most online games are played by people under 15 and it's obvious for everyone that they mostly don't realise that they need to drive by the rules, they don't even know the rules and they are not interested in following them. The most important for them is to drive and enjoy their time. 

By saying that I don't mean that all bad drivers are under 15, no, I'm just talking about the majority of the multiplayer and just computer games. Sadly, the thing is that no simulation or any other kind of changes will stop people breaking rules and etc.

That won't change until people who don't care about rules play such kind of games. 

Every gaming community has toxic players and those who always violate the rules. In my honest opinion, that will never change until people don't grow up faster and realise what they are doing, what I think won't happen any time soon.

6 minutes ago, BL4CK$K1LL said:

There are lots of people who play ETS2/ATS on TruckersMP and I think the reason of such situations is that most online games are played by people under 15 and it's obvious for everyone that they mostly don't realise that they need to drive by the rules, they don't even know the rules and they are not interested in following them. The most important for them is to drive and enjoy their time. 

By saying that I don't mean that all bad drivers are under 15, no, I'm just saying about the majority of the multiplayer and just computer games. Sadly, the thing is that no simulation or any other kind of changes will stop people to break rules and etc.

That won't change until people who don't care about rules play such kind of games. 

Every gaming community has toxic players and those who always violate the rules. In my honest opinion, that will never change until people don't grow up faster and realise what they are doing, what I think won't happen any time soon.

It would be better if they can check their mirror for sure

btw I agree that not all bad drivers are under 15 as me and most of my friends are under this age haha

At the early Ages of your Life, Mom told you a few simple Rules that are Valid for the rest of your Life!

- Look to the Left and to the Right, check for Cars or Trucks, before you crossing the Road!

- Do not go if you having Red Light!

- Do not touch the hot Plate!

- Do not try to pet the angry looking Dog!

- Do not take Candys from a Stranger Man and follow him!

Well, really simple Rules and a few can be used for TMP too. But, that´s the way that Kids go, they need to learn that Mom was right! ;)

I think I am looking in the rearview mirrors much more than up front through the windshield, and i always check if the way is clear, before I pull out from somewhere where I need to yield. 

But I don't think this type of players ever read the forums or the rules, only time they make a post is when they get banned and come crying about it, and thus breaking yet another rule.

• 2 weeks later...

I always look both ways before turning out on the road. just like he said.

On 9/4/2019 at 7:14 AM, BL4CK$K1LL said:

By saying that I don't mean that all bad drivers are under 15, no, I'm just talking about the majority of the multiplayer and just computer games. Sadly, the thing is that no simulation or any other kind of changes will stop people breaking rules and etc.

I use Players Near You plus the mirrors, doing so saved my bacon so many times on ATS when you'd encounter people at warp speed near Ely and whatnot before the limits were added.

Also use PNY to keep track of tailgaters who almost always desync wreck on my trailer when they follow between 30 and 33 behind me. It's like they've never heard of vastly differing pings interacting badly, or something. Had a guy do that earlier today in ETS actually, then he sideswiped the heck out of me when passing later to presumably teach me a lesson. Nobody else on the road, but nope drive up my butt cuz that's totally safe and not also putting me at risk of forward jitter desync ?

shall we also add those people overtaking who think once their cab has passed your truck it is ok for them to merge back into your lane dragging their trailer over into you? how do they not remember they are attached to a trailer? i like to give 100m before i merge back over. a bit overkill some say, but rather be safe than sorry and wrecked.

when I am driving SP I have the right hand mirror showing via the F2 key. while I am in MP I have the right hand mirror showing and the tab window open as well, though I have the transparency set so I can still read the names but can clearly see the mirror behind the window. not much of an issue in ATS, and since I cant play ETS in MP anymore due to not having a US ETS server. it isn't an issue.

When it comes to looking left and right that might be some people laziness of looking throught.

But when it's about checking mirrors when changing lines, some people might be not used to do it as they might be used to playing servers without much amount of people. Therefore they're not used to look into their mirrors since they don't expect anything coming.

From buying the game last November and putting in 400+ plus so far, i decided yesterday to give MP a chance for the first time; Playing on Server 2 and within an hour of driving with other players on the road i realized that there is many players without a care to use mirrors, overtaking a player into oncoming traffic etc.... 

I get that it is just ' a game ' but surely there should be respect for those that want to enjoy an experience online with others in a semi serious way.  (semi serious being: following road rules, using common sense)

Joining TruckersMP one of the rules was you had to of played the game for more than 2 hours.  I think this needs to be increased as most gamers these days want to instantly join a multiplayer server before even knowing what the game is about and how it plays.  Can a specific server not be generated where the requirement to join such server has the player needing 200+ hours of game time on your profile? I don't want to assume as i am extremely new to the online experience, but from reading other posts and people commenting players flying around the map like its GTA without a care, i think those are the kind of player that only want to play for an hour before getting bored.

I play the game as if I myself was a trucker in the game. I do all the nessicary checks before entering junctions, setting off, changing lanes, etc. I like to pretend that I'm an actual person in the ETS2. I follow all the actual rules of the road as best as I can, making sure I don't break any of the rules of the road!

Archived