Ping Issue

Big_D2017

Question

Hey everyone I'm kind of new here I have been on ets2 for a year or 2 but not multiplayer I just started but am having some connection issues with your servers, I keep getting kicked for bad ping but I have checked my connection via speedtest.net and find my ping to be fairly good it says when it kicks me my ping is 654ms but on speedtest it shows I have a ping of 101ms I'm not too sure if it has something to do with distance as I'm in australia can someone please help me out and let me know if there is anything I can do as I really want to mix with people instead of ai, below is a screen shot of my connection stats on speedtest.post-5695-0-00163800-1417416476_thumb.jp

16 answers to this question

Hey everyone I'm kind of new here I have been on ets2 for a year or 2 but not multiplayer I just started but am having some connection issues with your servers, I keep getting kicked for bad ping but I have checked my connection via speedtest.net and find my ping to be fairly good it says when it kicks me my ping is 654ms but on speedtest it shows I have a ping of 101ms I'm not too sure if it has something to do with distance as I'm in australia can someone please help me out and let me know if there is anything I can do as I really want to mix with people instead of ai, below is a screen shot of my connection stats on speedtest.attachicon.gifspeedtest.jpg

The Speed test ping is pinging an Australian server so it will be lower. Connecting to a EU or US game server will result in a much higher ping. Actually 100 Ping from an AUS server is pretty bad since you live there. Run a test on http://www.pingtest.net/and find out if you have any jitter or packet loss. If you're in the EU server your ping should only be about 330, I'm from NZ and that's what I get in the server.

well not with ping test haven't gone into mp im about to hopefully everything is all good as it is im on adsl 2 + with a 21mbps connection it all runs fast and my other online gaming I have no problems such as assetto corsa or rfactor 2 just this