Throwback Thursday

Aestrial

truckersmp-logo.png

Dear fellow truckers,

Over the course of the last five years, TruckersMP has changed and developed considerably with the introduction of new ranks, rules, updates and features to the modification. As we work to continue this development and further enhance the experience of our players, we don't want to forget and leave our past behind. What we do in the future is crucial, but what we have done and where we have come from is just as important.

In our newest project, Throwback Thursday, we want to share and recollect your stories of the past. Each Thursday we will post an image or video from you - our community - showcasing TruckersMP in the past. Along with it we will post your experience explaining and describing the story behind it. So what did you get up to when you first joined the community? How did you find the modification back then? What was your favourite part of your past TruckersMP experience? Do you remember the ETS2MP days? Be creative, dig out those old photos and videos from years ago and explain what they meant to you!

So how can we get involved?

Reply to this topic with one photo or video showcasing TruckersMP's past from your perspective. Along with it, write a short story or explanation outlining it and your experience at that time. We will collate the replies, and each Thursday choose a different one to share on our official social platforms. Below is an example post.

Spoiler

"This was the first journey that I took in the pilot car, not long after public release. Taken over two years ago, time has shown the pilot car to be a popular addition to the modification and an exciting change to the usual trucks. I took the photo to showcase the pilot car, but also with the truck in the background and to show how TruckersMP's roots are and always will be simulation with trucks. In the past, the introduction of the cars was controversial, but overtime I think it is safe to say that cars and a big part of the modification and appreciated by many."

ZdeoqoY.jpg

We look forward to hearing your stories and experiences! 

TruckersMP Team

view post on homepage

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From September 2016. I had earlier photos but sadly cleared a bunch out, from 2015 and earlier. Oh well. This was one of many convoys attended with a few friends and a streamer at the time. These people are still around, and Samiz (far left) is a moderator and frequent visitor of my current livestreams, which goes to show how far things have come. RedPotato (middle) was also a close friend at the time, and is a fellow livestreamer, currently. All clearly a fan of one specific truck brand. ;)

Q8YyWLK.png

Well, everyone, who joined before 2017 should remember the traffic jams in Europoort - so many players wanted to drive to the UK/Scandinavia(via Kingston upon Hull, after the release and added support of Scandinavia DLC) through this location... 

sm6GcxX.jpg

Screenshot was taken almost 3 years ago at the time of making this post, time surely flies really quickly. 

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

06/28/2016 - French Team Player
Here is my first experience as a top grader of a virtual trucking company running on ets2mp.
It's the beginning of a long path to simulation but it was also the time to make fabulous encounters and discoveries.
Learning too was crucial for me at that time, I had just discovered steam and many other things.
It was a propitious time when all the world was making convoys in respect and where calais-duisburg did not yet exist xD
Good Continuation to all Truckers and Happy Road ! :tmp:

spacer.png

Nl6H9J6.jpg

This picture dates back to 7th of November 2015. I'm parked somewhere in Scandinavia, at a hotel on the border of Norway and Sweden, if I recall correctly. The truck behind on the left is my cousin's. He was the one to introduce me to ETS2 few months before the picture was taken and together we begun exploring the multiplayer servers. It's been a while from when we last had the time to drive together, which is unfortunate, but luckily multiplayer came together with a community. Over the years I've found plenty of new driving companions, some from the like-minded people on the forums and some from passerby in-game.

Ready to go!

Retrospect of Myself & Chenxi

The VTC system of TruckersMP gives Chenxi excellent opportunities to get progress within the community. We had held and attended many of members-only and open-to-public events, from only 30 to 500+ participated players. Since the VTC system came out, I've been honored to be hired as Translator and Media Manager of Chenxi, with the commitment into translating TruckersMP-related articles and announcement, posting news, in-game communication with others when needed, managing social media and communicate with TruckersMP staffs and other VTC representatives in name of Chenxi. With the time with Chenxi and TruckersMP, I experienced plenty of unforgettable moments during the half year since I registered my account.

•  TruckersMP have held plenty of wonderful events throughout these months after my registration, among which ROV7 stands out from my perspective. I wrote an article about the event, accessible via the clicking link. We witnessed countless enjoyable incidents on the road during the event, which is rarely seen in normal life. We cannot stop talking it in our VTC chatting group once finishing the event, thus meaning special for us.
  •  As an assistant of @[Chenxi/CEO]*Maoge  and @[Chenxi/REC]*Sange of with the works of my VTC, It is always my duty to eliminate their language obstacles between them and TruckersMP, in addition providing some supports to VTC members who are hard to understand English. When they are confused with anything about TruckersMP, I will always be there to help. Meanwhile, it's my duty to post all the VTC news via VTC system, translated from COO's rough drafts in Chinese or written personally with given topics. Whenever COO have problem understanding DM messages from TruckersMP's staffs, I am forever the first one he asks for help. Perhaps, I am his secretary. //.//
  • Without TruckersMP, Chenxi means nothing. Although I have only half-year record on TruckersMP, there are still countless memories can I share about trucking in TruckersMP. I, together with truckers in Chenxi VTC, will keep embrace TruckersMP rules and maintain the great community atmosphere as it is.

Overall, with both TruckersMP and Chenxi, the experience of my trucking has been fulfilled to which ETS2 & ATS in SP cannot ever reach. That's why this community is worthwhile existing. It bring us good features, with us returning positive and meaningful feedback. With such interaction, we become better together!

ats-20190728-103621-00.png

Photoshot of Chenxi on ROV7 (TruckersMP Report Moderator, @Soul Knight, in the middle)

TR TEAM | DRIVER

76561198419392120.png

Thing I miss the most is Europoort old traffic jam, this was the true one and only great jam I enjoyed, sadly I have no captions of it since my pc never allowed me to take a picture back then. :RIP:

-
These are back when I was part of a VTC.
I think it was in 2015, the very beginning, this was the first Christmas event...

tLj8C5k.png

This one when on the Truck Dealer there was still this nice and cool ramp. I miss the days where we all drive through it and jump over the fence! This one is from January 2015.

bcvwiRL.jpg

42sT4Qb.png

• Project Manager

These were the days when the chat was blue, parking on the grass at EP was allowed and I had a rubbish laptop to play on that usually got a few FPS (Hence the not so good quality). Could this be the future if Brexit doesn't plan out? ?  However, I have since learned the error of my ways and have now only got one or two beacons. This picture was taken at the time I had my own company that contracted out to events and things. The most memorable was the whackey races event from Euro Truck Radio it was at the time. I will collate an album of my pictures from the early days and will leave that in a link here. I included one of the early ones for this post as it asked for only one ;( . In the album I will include a short description of each photo. (https://imgur.com/a/Q5Kg66g)

ets2_00022_2018_02_11_11_10_38_UTC.png 

Kind Regards,

Whitelodge

spacer.png | spacer.png

Event Request | Event Calendar | Feedback | Events

Photo taken on the 20th february 2015.

It the first photo in MP with a friend and literally my second photo in the ETS2MP that time (the first photo was a photo of my Volvo in the workshop). I think it was also the first time the winter mod got introduced. If I remember correctly, it even was my first trip with a "graphic" mod. It's a long time ago and until now many things changed in ETS2 but also in the MP. I remember the days the Europoort was full and even got closed one time by the admins. This time when the chat was blue and advertisements was nearly the only messages in the chat :P We had fun, that's got to be telled.

ets2_000084vkkm.png

Steam:  76561198091457586.png                                  TruckersMP: status.png

TruckyApp 1st German-Translator, Media Team and now retired Teammember

Me and TruckersMP

Hello everyone, I am the COO of ChenxiVTC, Sange. I am very happy to share with you the story of TrucksMP.

I played SCS European Truck Simulator 2 in 2016, I played for more than 200 hours until last September, my friend Maoge told me that there is an excellent platform that can provide multiplayer online game service (TruckersMP) I registered Account and start to understand TMP, and joined ChenxiVTC. I spent four months from the intern driver - the official driver - the newcomer training - the event manager until now the COO.

Until now we can proudly announce that we have achieved success, from less than ten people to a team of more than 500 people. We have participated in various large-scale events many times, thanks to CEO-Maoge and Media Manager-Edmund. It is because of their help with team management that I can lead my team better and better, bless us!

Thanks to SCS for making such a good game, thanks to TruckersMP for providing such an excellent platform, thanks to many TMP Staff, bless them!

Sange

Chief Operating Officer

ChenxiVTC

spacer.png

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

Hello how are boys and girls, from here I will give you part of the little experiece that was the old version of TMP. (if you see misspellings, I'm sorry, use the google translator)

In some of my days I like to remember how things were before my birth, as well as the things I don't remember (I know it sounds a bit ilogical), nut; I still don't forget the first day of TruckersMp, in these days is called ets2mp.com, for a youtuber called YekkoYek is that there was a multiplayer mode for one of the games on my computer, butat the time I had a pirated version of the gamee, but just when I wanted to go through creting an account and download the mod, the version patch came out 1.14, that day I felt so bad, sice the time I declared my crush and rejected myself, I had not felt so bad, for a long time whaat I had to do to live that little experience is to watch videos of how it was.

All of that, and i like it, in 2016 after I grafuated from university I went to work to earn money, and everything went well, I bought an apartment, a better computer, and if the original version of the game, it is so download the mod, and that was... of the best experiences of my life, not to make the vanilla version (ets2 but without mods) so boring.

I liked the idea of being in a way by which I can "socialize" but without leaving my house.

Some things that I would have liked to live, was the Real Operations that i missed, when the EuroPort was the busiest rouyte, when the mod hud war different, when the community was less toxic (without offending anyone), when the new ones came out trucks like the Mercedes Actros or the DAF XF EURO6, when the map was not so big, but in the end, not everything in life you can get, after creating my account i play a lot, and I also miss the times when users they ware carrying trailers from the companies of the game, when it was my turn to see the injured (which is still in the game), when all of us who had a new dlc used it and presumed it, when Europe 2 was the most sought after even expected minutes just to be within whe experience, in short, what was of ets2mp from 2014-2016 is what I would have liked to live.

Now everything I liveevery day is good, I do not say that the mod is already past and is flashing, but...

I don't know how to end this sentence, now i feel very nostalgic.?

With nothing to say, all before, greetings to all.

VIVE FELIZ EN LO VIRTUAL COMO EN LO REAL. CHEERS

One of my first time playing TMP and trying to create a good intro for my videos. Oct 2015.. beautiefull days!
spacer.png

And.. I'm still trying to figure out how this happened. Seriusly, that was so hilarious

spacer.png

Hello everyone,

I got something not so far in the past but it definately is a wonderful memory.

We go back to the 16th December 2018 - the TruckersMP Christmas Convoy 2018. I try to participate at every TruckersMP event but the Christmas convoy is the biggest, longest and the most challenging event TruckersMP team made by far -  every year! Let the numbers speak:

5 Routes - 10 Hours - 8 Cities - Thousands of kilometers!

This was my first Christmas Convoy and that's why I was even more impressed. To be honest, I gave up after 6 hours driving at Route 3. I wish I had drove the full Convoy but I really had no more desire after 6 hours xD.

And to my defense - they have made 30 minutes brake after every Route but I was at the end of the convoy and when I arrived the end of a route, Digital started to began the next one ?.

On this way I wanna show you my respect for the work of the TruckersMP team. First of all you had to plan this whole thing. And you had to be there the whole 10 hours. That's incredible!

And when you made a Christmas Convoy this year, I'm excited of how big this one will be. And I will try to do the whole one.... I sad... try... ?.

Drive safe, drive with care! ?? ??

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my earliest experience I have a picture of from May 2017.

First time playing I found myself on the Calais - Duisburg road before I learned just how busy that road gets lol, making the step up from playing with AI traffic to having to deal with this was a sheer delight to behold. I can still hear the road rage on mic and the blasting of air horns to this day :lol:
I still frequent this road today and nothing has really changed.

spacer.png

I have been playing the mod since the day it came out, I didn't take many if any screenshots when I first played as my laptop at the time was on low settings at 11fps on a good day. Crazy how things have changed since then. I took this screenshot when I first upgraded my PC. My friend does not play very much at all (we still play other games together) but me and my sister have been playing since day 1 and always hop on at least a few times a month together. It really does bring people together, friends and family :). This is us showing of our Scottish paint jobs.

Truckers MP SCO.jpg

Archived