Game Moderator

I believe there should be at least 100 game moderators to handle over 2,000 players daily. A GAME like ETS which is a simulator game is much to be desired when it comes to punishing offenders. There are many qualified players who would do a good job as a Moderator and would help keep the game more in order. Reporting within the game goes unnoticed because the amount is huge. Complaints on the site with video, not all who can record, and those who record, I see complaint take up to 15 days to be reviewed. Expanding the number of game moderators would be a great idea to decrease the number of inflators who break the rules in the game. There are a lot of qualified players for that, players who would make a great team. ETS is a great simulation game, a game with good reviews. The TMP platform should have a larger team of moderates, as I have seen excellent players leaving the TMP tired of inflators all the time, and getting only troll players. The minimum requirement to join the 1 year TMP team could be reduced to 6 months as it would make more room for qualified people to recruit.

well look at it this way, If you have been in the TruckersMP Community for at-least 6 month's (half a year ) you totally do not know all the Knowledge based on TMP.  

Well, if they do the processes faster, it could increase the number of moderators if but they would also increase the number of complaints, report more managed and unfair bans that would bring chaos in the MP that is why the recruitment system is so slow and therefore the long time of Wait a year. so you select the most suitable for that job

propietario de [L.T.U]

LogoText.thumb.png.f348909b9170c481eca9b0ec3976fde5.png

This is a subject often raised by users and one that is completely valid to be raised.

TruckersMP is a project that is ever expanding and has a large amount of users. Our player numbers daily are in the thousands and we continue to grow. Now of course we need a team that is big enough to handle the increasing amount of players, and I can confirm that the Game Moderation team has, for months now, been recruiting and accepting transfers into the team. I was the Game Manager responsible for that for the last nine months and over the course of that nine months we have recruited and increased the size of the Game Moderation team considerably. This isn't the end though. We have done, are doing, and will continue to expand the team to meet the demands of our community.

The way you outline the need for more Game Moderators makes it sound very simple, but I am afraid it is not. We have very specific requirements for the role due to the responsibilities and duties it holds. I am wholly confident that we have many players who "would do a good job as a Moderator and would help keep the game more in order" but this simply isn't enough. We cannot and will not give out the rank of Game Moderator to people that we don't trust or have no proof of attitude, behaviour or capabilities. Even now when we recruit new Game Moderation staff, each and every new recruit goes through a thorough training program and then has at least a month at Report level before being given the rank of Game Moderator. To me at least, this speaks volumes as to the kind of people we trust.

In regards to report waiting times, we are at peak season at the moment meaning we have a lot of players online. As such, report numbers naturally increase and thus the waiting times. In addition, this is holiday season and as such a number of our staff are away on leave of absence meaning we have a reduced activity. However, as we move back into September and October we should start to see report numbers being more manageable and waiting times falling.

Rest assured CORiИGA that the team are only too aware of the issues with reports and Game Moderator numbers, and we will continue to in the future work to improve both.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

This community is always growing, and like Aestrial said, it is peak season, TMP staff have their own lives as well including part time/full tine work, education, etc.

I agree that the team could be a bit bigger to cope with the demand however that is up the the upper staff on when they open recruitment, it isn't as simple as you think with the selection, not everyone is capable of such a demanding role.

Like many users have said this role requires extensive training to say the least and pretty good experience, This role is a volunteering position so it is not a full on paid position, people give their times to moderate the servers meaning they may not be able to do this 24/7, some might do it 2 days a week, they have thousands of reports to read each day so it might take awhile to answer a report, especially an online report. I recommend reading over what @Aestrial has said regarding wait times and peak seasons, basically an influx of players from what we are used to.

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

More Moderators over a slow period of time ensures that we get the best Moderators possible. 

I myself can be frustrated with the amount of expired reports in-game or the time it takes for reports here on the website to be answered but the truth is Moderators are people too at the end of the day and they are doing this job out of their own will. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived