Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

just returned from a short break and lots of changes

andy Suter

So I just come back from a short break playing some other grames and log on to see whats new in the latest patch, then update my TMP and go for a drive..... I was blown away to see only 3 servers now? Sim 1 and 2 and arcade. Im guessing they are proper sim servers now and not just the free for all like we had before (with Eu1 being for the serious drivers).

If im right, im loving that.

Sorry if I should have done a forum search but im guessing the info has been buried deep in the time ive been away. 

There are 2 server styles. (Arcade and simulation)

* In simulation servers there is speed limiter. (ETS2: 110km/h, ATS: 130km/h) However, in arcade servers there isn’t a speed limiter. 

* In arcade servers, collisions are inactive so you won’t get banned because of driving-related rules.  

* In arcade servers there isn’t a cooldown for /fix command. 

Simulation servers are almost same with EU2. 

Welcome back buddy. Yeah there has been a few changer  during your time away. Nothing that serious.

team_team-veteran2.png.7addb7035d220bbdb3381dc051b65869.png.8ececf112fadf55c4a71f39a3a4eee78.png Since May 2015Discord: Shaun#4513

Community Member since May 17th, 2015. 

GLASGOW, SCOTLAND.

Cloofter/Shaun.

Welcome back! Great to see you again.

We did indeed have quite a few updates in recent weeks, mainly to shift our focus back to simulation and back to our roots of providing a realistic multiplayer simulation experience. Within that, we launched new servers with amended settings to reduce speed limiters and changed the rules to punish rule breakers more strongly. We believe this this shift back to simulation will only make the community a better and more inviting place, both for existing and new players alike.

The topic linked by @MarkON explains everything in a bit more detail should you want to explore further.

I am glad to see you back! Any questions at all please let me know.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.

If you want to have a near-EU#1 experience, I'd suggest Simulation 2. Simulation 1 seems to be, for most players, EU#2, only with lower speed limits. You were lucky to be away when the changes were made, the complaining was brutal, "Remove speed limits from simulation", "Enable collisions in Arcade", the most used one: "We are forced to drive at 110 Km/h". With arcade servers where there are no speed limits. But now, Simulation 1 is the server with 4200 slots, where everyone wants to be, so the "idiots on the road" feel cheated, they only see that TMP lowered the speed limits in EU#2. They keep using Simulation 1, going full speed everywhere. It's a lot better than EU#2 used to be, because with lower speeds, even the worst drivers have it easier to not crash, but it's still far from simulation. I drive 3000-4000 Km almost every day and I may see 3-4 other players following the roads speed limits, stopping at red lights, etc.

A lot has changed recently, however it is all for good reasons.

They are trying to make the game how it should be... A 'Simulator'. And in my opinion, the changes they have brought out has indeed made the game a much better environment/community.

The new speed limits really cut down the amount of trolls, and the arcade servers also make the game have somewhere for people who like speed to go.

Welcome back by the way!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there ?

I'm moving your topic to the Archive section because your topic inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). Because every day a lot of new topics are opening up and now the community wants to discuss a new discussion, so we archive the topic that are inactive for 2 weeks(14 days). We apply these procedures to keep the forum meticulously and actively in this way.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me. :) 

//Locked and moved to Archive. 

Languages/Diller:  tr.gif (primary)gb.gif 

Useful Links/Önemli Bağlantılar: TruckersMP Rules/Kuralları | Recrutiment/İşe alım | Knowledge-base/Bilgi bankası  | Forum Warning System/Uyarı Sistemi: [TR] [ENG] 

Archived