Is it possible for ATS to enable arcade server?

[TR-Team]*EM_Edmund

Since the map of ATS is being expanded and increasing players are joining ATS, and the US-sim server has been limited to 80/45 mph speed, it should be useful to enable an arcade server to ATS, in order to satisfy players who demand racing function with other players.

• With enabling this servers, players would have more fun racing with others and free roaming to challenge the limit of trucks, which gives rise to the increase of the number of ATS players and indirectly release the stress of ETS2 servers. 
  • Please leave comments with your attitudes :D

enjoy the photo in ROV7

ats-20190728-103621-00.png

TR TEAM | DRIVER

76561198419392120.png

I feel that there really isn't a big enough ATS player base to warrant another server being added, especially for arcade purposes. With an average of around 500 people a night on the us server, probably a handful if that will switch to the arcade server which wouldn't really justify the cost of running it. this is all IMO. I could be wrong, but all my time on the us server i dont hear of very many people wishing there was an arcade server. mainly some people complaining about speed limits which i am perfectly fine with.

I don't think the speed limit matters much to me, and I would support it if TMP enabled ATS arcade server. However, this is up to TMP officials.

42 minutes ago, KIusan said:

I don't think the speed limit matters much to me, and I would support it if TMP enabled ATS arcade server. However, this is up to TMP officials.

yes, I always obey the rules of tmp. But there are people who want more fun

TR TEAM | DRIVER

76561198419392120.png

There might not be a huge amount of people playing on ATS at the moment but just look at the very small numbers on the ETS2 platform, mainly on the two arcade servers. I’ve literally never seen any of the two servers go over 500 users. 

What they could do is take away arcade 2 and change it to ATS arcade 1. That way each platform has 3 servers each.

12 hours ago, [ST-LH] The Englishman said:

What they could do is take away arcade 2 and change it to ATS arcade 1. That way each platform has 3 servers each.

6 hours ago, China-leitinG said:

I think this is possible, because the Arcade 1 server of ETS2 is currently closed, TMP Team may be currently changing it to the Arcade server of ATS, I hope so!

It's not as simple, because physical location of the server is important too. Seeing the popularity of both ET2 Arcade Severs, I don't think that popularity of ATS would sustain 2 Arcade Servers, so if TMP will add it (even just for test), they must decide where it will be based. It's possible ETS2 Arcade1 was shut down due to low usage of the Arcade Sercers.

^I see your point but I will add this: Based on the multiple locations of players are based I don't think that suggestion would even matter as people from lets say Asia log on to Sim server #1 with an abnormally high ping as a result.  Having a arcade server for ATS (with no collision) would actually be a good thing as there would be no chance of yourself (for example) taking damage due to player(s) with abnormal high ping.

i don't think the numbers matter. i mean look at ets2 arcade servers, they had 2 of them and i hardly ever saw over 200 on A1 and A2 even less. now i see they removed A1 from the ets2 server list. will they make it another ats server or what i do not know, but it has been removed and it was the more popular ets2 arcade server from what i had seen.  lately there has been a bit of a boycott for ats because of the speed limit being dropped lower (used to see over 500 player regularly, now it is less than half that from what i have been seeing and after talking to streamers, youtubers and just regular players). if they were to make that ets2 A1 server into an ats arcade server with unlimited restrictions who knows...... 

my point being you can not "just look at the numbers" imo. if we were to do that then it would also make sense to open up more servers when they drop dlc's and/or special events the game get that big rush of players during that time. (like the goodyear dlc/event, ets2 servers were both full and people were having to go to the arcade servers because of the numbers of traffic). i feel ets servers are good as they sit now, and yes they should add an arcade server to ats, but this is just one opinion and to each their own.

I have no desire to play on an arcade server.  I play this game as a simulation.  Unfortunately, with the "Road to Simulation" changes, TMP has moved definitively away from true simulation.  As such, I'm part of the unofficial boycott because I can't stand being dropped to 45MPH on the interstate when driving through cities.  I keep checking to see if the admins have come to their senses and at least raised it back up to 55MPH, but until that happens, I'm sticking with single player.  They just better get their heads out of the sand before the only serious competitor to TruckersMP launches the ATS side of their multiplayer mod, or the hemorrhaging of players we're currently seeing may become permanent. 

ok, so why not combine the regular ats server (sim) with the us ats server (sim)? if they see so little traffic then combining the two would still not fill up, even more so since the euro and us players tend to play at different times (mornings for me the regular server which usually is Euro based players is more populated, where the US based players tend to fill up at night). so any of the ats servers are hardly filled unless new dlc or event happens. in which case they could "open" extra severs, like how they do for vtc gatherings and events.

now for those of you who do not want an arcade server or never plan to play on one then all good and to each their own, but imo you hardly have room to talk about it in this thread since that is exactly what the thread is about. just because you do not want it or will not play it, does not mean others may not want it or at the very least not want to feel restricted by having things forced upon them. like i said before i do not think numbers really should play into this, i mean if people want to go by the numbers then they should also be looking at the current servers as well and questioning. i rarely see over 200 players for ets2 arcade servers. so does this mean they should get rid of ets2 arcade server? going by some of the posts in this thread the answer would be a big yes to get rid of them. now i wonder how many in the ets2 mp community would agree with that?

@8up Local

a few questions.

1. where will the server be hosted, the US, or the EU?

2. why would either the US or EU players, who like myself have only 1 ISP in town, be forced to deal with constant kicks due to high ping?

3. would you tell the people who have to deal with the kicks "to bad for you go play SP"?

4. with the loss of the US ETS server, should the ATS server also  be moved to the EU?

as for having an ATS arcade server, if it gets all the, for a lack of a nicer term, extremely childish drivers off of the sim server then I am all for that. but as for your suggestion of merging the ATS sim servers, I have to say no, that is a very bad idea.

well if i worked for tmp then i guess it would be something i would have to think about. however i am not and there should be plenty of smart minds out there to figure out the details imo.

1. idk, where is ets2 arcade server located? i am having to be forced as you say to play on it. why should the rest of the world be any different?

2. i have only 1 ISP as well and yes i have had my share of kicks because of ping. it is something we still have to deal with i guess.

3. nope i would tell people play MP if they wanted. now if their PC or ISP will not allow it to happen then it is on the player to fix.

4.i have no clue exactly where what servers are, but have assumed there were a few euro servers for it all with maybe a US server for an ATS server. i have had people tell me there is no US servers at all, idk.

let's face it there will always be "childish" drivers no matter anyway. so how would you make those drivers not use a sim server? people will do what they want if given the chance, which is something we all know. as for merging servers, that was a bit of sarcasm really. you really think they would do that? highly doubtful, but one never knows.

@8up Local

the US ATS server is actually located in the states, possibly on the east coast. it was annoying when they had to do the patch for the exploit found by Microsoft, the US servers were down for weeks while the EU servers were up in a matter of hours.

currently ATS has 2 servers, 1 in the EU and 1 in the states so people who live in those regions will have lower pings when connection to their regions ATS server, as far as fixing their pc that is on the player, as I mentioned and you also mentioned 1 ISP in a persons town cant be fixed by the person other then moving to a new town which has a better or more IPSs to choose from. that as you know wouldn't be very economical to the average person just to play on a server in a mod. as for your answer to #4 I asked where it should be hosted the US or the EU, which is the locations of the 2 servers. since you have been here for a while, you should at least remember that the US had an ETS server, which has never returned. because of that I don't play ETSMP any longer due to having an average ping of 250+ to the EU ETS servers. which again is something I can not economically fix myself.

the people who are complaining about the sim server having a limit are children who either want a racing game, or want to troll. with an arcade server they can NFS it up all day long and no one will be bothered. as for sarcasm in type it is hard to do. TMP has said they don't have plans to merge the ATS or ETS servers.

42 minutes ago, ShadowWolf2k7 said:

the people who are complaining about the sim server having a limit are children who either want a racing game, or want to troll.

This statement is 100% untrue.  I am not a child, I have no desire to troll anyone, and when I want a racing game, I play a racing game.  Just to clarify- nobody is complaining about the speed limit.  We're complaining about the speed limiter.  As I've said before- if the goal is "simulation" then having any type of global speed limiter is a step in the wrong direction.  Having said that, it's set high enough that it rarely affects me and most others who play the game as a simulation.  What really bothers me is the city speed limiter.  It was frustrating enough at 55MPH, is ridiculous at 45MPH.  There is absolutely nothing authentic about your vehicle automatically slowing down to a crawl when you enter the city limits on the interstate.  

@HAR_Sabre

I agree that the 45 mph and the old 55 mph while on the highways is not a good thing, however, the cities, from my understanding, are blocks or zones as you will, and when they set the limiter for the entire city. if they were able to paint part of the city that don't have highways in them, then that would fix the problem, as for why they cant, you would have to ask a dev why it is what it is. maybe they don't have another way to put the limiter in the city and not effect the highways running through it.

as for my statement about children complaining about not being able to speed, it is still accurate. does that mean people complaining about the highways dropping down to 45 or 55 mph are children, no. it is the ones that want to go 100 mph every where.

so as i have said before, if the limit areas are just basicly blocks, then why not adjust the city portions with the limited areas butted up to the edges of the highways? then instead of having a 45mph limit while driving on a highway with a posted limit of 60-70mph, players can still keep the posted highway speed and only down side would be the small sections of city roads that run below or above the highway sections. all they would need to do is readjust the limit areas accordingly. but this is sidetracking from the original post, so let's get back on track shall we?

ats arcade server, no rules or limits other than what we put upon ourselves.....hmmmm.....sounds just like what people are wanting already (sim and arcade) only with the arcade there is no collision. would this be correct? or do people on the sim server really want to be restricted like now? 

heck idk, but people will be people and there will always be "those" drivers who will want to only play sim no matter if there is an arcade server or not (look at ets2 for reference). personally i like to play on sim, but if there was an unrestricted arcade server then yeah, you most likely find me there. not because i am childish or a bad driver or whatever. it would be because of not being restricted (play how i want) and no worries of "those" other drivers (crashers, rammers, trolls). would be a double plus in my book and even though it would be arcade, a person can still treat it like a sim. but i guess when some people play on arcade servers they can not treat it like a sim.  i mean really if not for the forced restriction is that not what people on sim are already doing? restricting themselves?  so it seems there is a want and need of an arcade ats server wanted by both sides of the fence. maybe not everyone. but most for sure it seems.

@8up Local

I am not sure how It is setup, but if the city is a block, meaning the whole city, then there may not be a way to do what is suggested for butting it up against the highway. similar to how the NCZ's cover just the job areas and not the street. and is also why some repair areas are still collisions areas. if it is a painted area, ie they take a paint type program and mark the areas that way then they might be able to fix it that way, again I don't know how they make limited/non-collision zones.

you are correct to a point for the arcade server rules. there are no speed limits, and there are almost no rules. the only rules are no hacking and a few others that you can find under the road to simulation post. and yes there are no collisions as well.

Archived